Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

12 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

It’s the best squad of players the club has ever had pal and what they diddies say about me is  amusing and laughable but I won’t go away , I will say it as I see it , we have dropped points twice this season and twice I’ve said both teams deserved it and imagine I shouted at the linesman last night , imagine that at the football 🤷‍♂️

The world is fecked 

It isn't all about you, has anyone ever told you this.

1 hour ago, clash city rocker said:

Really !!!! Better than Leckie , Frew , Pirrie , Walker etc. So Leckie wouldn't get a game in this season's team ? :)

Look mate my dad run that team and I was brought up with it and they were a fantastic team and the players u have mentioned were some players with leckie being the best ever to wear a Darvel shirt Imo  so of course he would get a game but I’m talking  about the squad of players Mick has assembled   Which I believe is the best I’ve ever seen in 40 years of watching Darvel , now we need to go on and win things and I firmly believe we will this season , time will tell though 

9 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Look mate my dad run that team and I was brought up with it and they were a fantastic team and the players u have mentioned were some players with leckie being the best ever to wear a Darvel shirt Imo  so of course he would get a game but I’m talking  about the squad of players Mick has assembled   Which I believe is the best I’ve ever seen in 40 years of watching Darvel , now we need to go on and win things and I firmly believe we will this season , time will tell though 

See the fact you even started a post with LOOK MATE, when your not even having a go at someone, tells me that me and almost anyone that's not hanging out your arse wouldn't give you the time of day.

14 minutes ago, South Beach said:

See the fact you even started a post with LOOK MATE, when your not even having a go at someone, tells me that me and almost anyone that's not hanging out your arse wouldn't give you the time of day.

Well stop coming on here and replying then , if I don’t or I’m no interested in something I wouldn’t give it the time of day , Clash city rocker is obviously a junior man and knows his stuff so I will give him my opinion , u on the other hand I won’t reply to again

16 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

I’m not getting involved in all the nonsense but believe me It would s nonsense to think he only answers to “legend”. I’ve known the guy the best part of 40 years and it’s all a wind  up the legend thing.

Was he a "legend" when Neil McPherson was almost running the place himself?

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

If you are meaning best squad since Scottish final team then fair enough. However if I remember correctly Darvel beat Shotts on route to Scottish final yet lost to them recently :) . Darvel were a fantastic team back then especially at home run by really nice people. Can remember getting a pie knocked out my hand by the ball and the president Dempsey/Dempster ? went and replaced it.  Was at recent friendly and imo Meggat , Perry , Miller might have gotten a match back then but no current Ladeside player would have got a game for Kilbirnie in those days. All about opinions you obviously seen more of Darvel over the years than me just wonder if your dad would agree with your assessment. No matter what people think of you on here your love for the club is obvious if Darvel do have success then you rightly should claim your part in it.

6 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

If you are meaning best squad since Scottish final team then fair enough. However if I remember correctly Darvel beat Shotts on route to Scottish final yet lost to them recently :) . Darvel were a fantastic team back then especially at home run by really nice people. Can remember getting a pie knocked out my hand by the ball and the president Dempsey/Dempster ? went and replaced it.  Was at recent friendly and imo Meggat , Perry , Miller might have gotten a match back then but no current Ladeside player would have got a game for Kilbirnie in those days. All about opinions you obviously seen more of Darvel over the years than me just wonder if your dad would agree with your assessment. No matter what people think of you on here your love for the club is obvious if Darvel do have success then you rightly should claim your part in it.

My dad died a few years back and wish he was here to see what is going on doon the brae but I know he will be watching ,  as a wee boy I  used to love the tussles we had with kilbirnie , marner , Inglis and co and u had some team back then and we had some right cup ties , Bobby Dempster is who u are talking about , great character and also gone now sadly , we have great ambition we will just have to see how it pans out , best of luck to you guys rest of the season 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

My dad died a few years back and wish he was here to see what is going on doon the brae but I know he will be watching ,  as a wee boy I  used to love the tussles we had with kilbirnie , marner , Inglis and co and u had some team back then and we had some right cup ties , Bobby Dempster is who u are talking about , great character and also gone now sadly , we have great ambition we will just have to see how it pans out , best of luck to you guys rest of the season 

Were you involved doon the brae when Neil was knockin his pan oot almost on his own? Why you will not reply to a simple question

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

Been covered before no going over old ground and no one says a bad word about Neil Mcpherson up here , he kept the club going 

When I have asked a few times and that's the first time I have seen anything you have said about Neil.    Why did you not help when Neil kept the place going?

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Sorry to hear about your dad...he was certainly a Darvel legend.

The fact that Darvel are still in existence is a success story. In 2011 the club had made a decision to close the gates. The situation now is beyond even the most optimistic supporter’s wildest dreams. Hopefully the club can be successful and not be judged by some of the material posted on pie and bovril. 

If jim is right and this current squad is better than the 75-76 squad then they will be able to compete at a high level. Jim’ s father would love to see this happening and as a thorough gentleman, he would have hoped that any success could be enjoyed in a dignified manner .