Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

11 hours ago, Sharpal27 said:

Yep, excellent game today with plenty of action and goals....shame about the result mind you. Not sure about goal of the season DL but certainly quick thinking from the scorer to see our keeper way off his line. Made up for the other three goals (yards offside, an og and a pen)….lol. Darvel looked a good side, full of energy and playing a passing game. Will be interesting to see how other teams get on at Recreation Park. 

Big downer today was the no-show of the assistant referees. Story goes they were at a schools/kids football event instead. Poor show.

Some of the football we played was fantastic and it’s a joy to watch and great to see as many locals getting behind us 

we’re on our way 

22 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Some of the football we played was fantastic and it’s a joy to watch and great to see as many locals getting behind us 

we’re on our way 

I took in the game yesterday and thought Renfrew were very unlucky. There’s no denying Darvel keep the ball well but lack the cutting edge going forward. A penalty an own goal and a fantastic goal from millar from his own half is not exactly cutting teams open.  The 2nd half Darvel were on top with knapp in the wing looking there only real danger. With him and Ferguson coming off with 15mins to go I can only assume Darvel were happy to go defensive.. All in All was a good game to take in , Darvel are easy on the eye but don’t think they should be feared as much as once thot..

22 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

we’re on our way 

A club for anyone and everyone that's on its way...mmm,that's ringing a bell,DL. Surprising though that big Tina wasn't singing the 'run oot' song on Wednesday night,bud. :)

Incidentally,I thought that your guys acquitted themselves well against an excellent Talbot side and I was particularly impressed with the performances of the ex-Colville full backs ( I think the left back played as a winger in the Scottish final at Rugby park?). Considering that  at least another two of the Colville boys weren't in attendance,it looks like you really do have strength in depth this season.

19 minutes ago, Rmc1983 said:

I took in the game yesterday and thought Renfrew were very unlucky. There’s no denying Darvel keep the ball well but lack the cutting edge going forward. A penalty an own goal and a fantastic goal from millar from his own half is not exactly cutting teams open.  The 2nd half Darvel were on top with knapp in the wing looking there only real danger. With him and Ferguson coming off with 15mins to go I can only assume Darvel were happy to go defensive.. All in All was a good game to take in , Darvel are easy on the eye but don’t think they should be feared as much as once thot..

Still early days , not had the same starting 11 in any game including friendlies. The boys are still getting used to each other , at this stage the Darvel punters are more than happy at what possibly lies ahead.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Not talked nag about now talking about the McCluckie years when they won everything not trying to offend anyone just saying how it happens when money’s there and then it goes with the benefactor when they get bored

If any club is not self sustainable then absolutely that will happen.

30 minutes ago, GG said:

That’s the problem they never lay good foundation to be self-sustainable mate but it looks as if Darvel are so that’s only a good thing for the future of the club

And we have done that over the last 4 seasons gg to get to this stage 

9 hours ago, Darvel_Marvel said:

Honest words from the gaffer following our opening victory to Renfrew. Testament of what level is hoped for this season doon the brae- https://mobile.twitter.com/AyrshireJuniors/status/1157961018703843328/video/1 MTV

Aye he’s hard to please but that’s only good for us as a club , we had a move the first Half if it had been finished off wouldn’t have been out of place at the nou camp 

34 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

Ave jist watched the video. fok say they cannae understand me. wis yir manager eatin yin o yir pies whin he wis talkin. no a clue whit he wis sayin.

No surprise your statement is agreed with by another walloper 🤷🏻‍♂️

42 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

No surprise your statement is agreed with by another walloper 🤷🏻‍♂️

FYI .... it was “Green Dotted” because he made me laugh Ya Eejit 

Remind me again, what one of the “brothers”are you again 🤪

I have made this one very easy for you .... LEFT or RIGHT  ✅

072DDBDC-E7DF-41FD-8EF8-72EFC4194BBB.jpeg

Edited by Billy XBoswell

1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

FYI .... it was “Green Dotted” because he made me laugh Ya Eejit 

Remind me again, what one of the “brothers”are you again 🤪

I have made this one very easy for you .... LEFT or RIGHT  ✅

072DDBDC-E7DF-41FD-8EF8-72EFC4194BBB.jpeg

Walloper

Just now, PatnaDunty said:

LOL.man if yir the yin on the richt then thats a fringe.

al c yi on 2nd November. bring yir purse an yi can get mi a beer.

That won’t be a problem, got a feeling your a hame  brew kinda guy way a roll up😉