Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

Any team with that cash and able to sign those players will of course win the Championship .

Teams have won that league over the years with next to no budget so with those funds its a certainty .

Good luck to them and with their set-up , players and quality of pie they really are a premier league outfit . The big one is the Scottish Cup .

Different kettle of fish wrestling that from the grasps of the top premier teams . Interesting season ahead for Ayrshire fitba

We all know if you put Darvels budget this season into any other junior team they would win everything. So we will wait and see if they do, if they dont win the league and Scottish double then its a failure.

The ignorance of some folk - we sold 2 trays of our finest pies at the annual scout fayre and made £18.60, and £5 fay the raffle/tombola so you do the maths....hardly a life changing sum for a junior team is it! Noo Vanilla Ice get your tits back in yer bra and stop talking through a hole in yer erse’ #darvelgoingplaces

23 minutes ago, Isthereaneggunderthat said:

RELAX, no need for name calling.

Yes i played School boys football, i loved it, best time of my life.

Then moved on to senior and the junior football, which leads me on to what i've seen in the in both levels, if players sign for a club for money then it never gets to the level needed, that wee 10% is always missing, the dig, the fight.

Trust me with Michael Kennedy in Charge if that wee extra 10% is not there they will not be playing at Darvel 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

We welcome Renfrew to recreation park today in what will be a very competitive game , we look forward to it and hope u enjoy the changes down the brae since u were last here

I am a supporter of the West Juniors joining the Pyramid of senior leagues. I haven't followed this thread so apologies!

What improvements are being done or planned at your ground? Are there intentions to become licenced at sometime in the future?

No highlights being produced?  Thought given the level of investment and forward thinking improvements in the ground would mean some good social media coverage at least?

It’s a shame we never as you would have seen the Championship goal of the season from Darren Miller - spotted the Renfrew goalie on the 18yd line and scored from half way line.....

7 goals in what was a thrilling start to our season. #darvelgoingplaces

Fantastic advert for the championship and we can all stop looking for championship goal of the season , it was scored today what a finish from Darren Miller , Renfrew good side who will be there or thereabouts all season , best of luck to them for 2019/2020 season 

Some of the football we played in spells today was out of this world and second half in particular we looked a far sharper and fitter team which is testament to what’s being going on in pre season with the guys , it’s difficult at the moment with injuries , holidays etc but once Mick and the backroom team get the guys on training ground twice a week and we get to one game a week I think we will be very hard to beat 

6 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Fantastic advert for the championship and we can all stop looking for championship goal of the season , it was scored today what a finish from Darren Miller , Renfrew good side who will be there or thereabouts all season , best of luck to them for 2019/2020 season 

Yep, excellent game today with plenty of action and goals....shame about the result mind you. Not sure about goal of the season DL but certainly quick thinking from the scorer to see our keeper way off his line. Made up for the other three goals (yards offside, an og and a pen)….lol. Darvel looked a good side, full of energy and playing a passing game. Will be interesting to see how other teams get on at Recreation Park. 

Big downer today was the no-show of the assistant referees. Story goes they were at a schools/kids football event instead. Poor show.

We all know if you put Darvels budget this season into any other junior team they would win everything. So we will wait and see if they do, if they dont win the league and Scottish double then its a failure.

Rubbish comment budgets don’t win league and cup doubles which is a task in its self even for the most experienced teams around never mind a team that’s in its infancy
Character commitment skill the will to win fitness luck never say die attitude confidence and more is needed to be a successful team
Darvel if they continue to show these attributes they will be there or there abouts so let’s be a little realistic what this club is trying to achieve
Slowly but surely [emoji106]

Rubbish comment budgets don’t win league and cup doubles which is a task in its self even for the most experienced teams around never mind a team that’s in its infancy
Character commitment skill the will to win fitness luck never say die attitude confidence and more is needed to be a successful team
Darvel if they continue to show these attributes they will be there or there abouts so let’s be a little realistic what this club is trying to achieve
Slowly but surely [emoji106]
Imagine saying a teams budget doesnt affect a team winning the league or cups [emoji85][emoji85]🤣🤣

Imagine saying a teams budget doesnt affect a team winning the league or cups [emoji85][emoji85]🤣🤣
It can help but a lot of factors win a league not just a budget you should know that need I go on injuries suspensions etc Out of the 11 that started today for Darvel 7 were playing amateur football last year

Also post I commented on was of reference to a League AND Scottish double being a poor season for Darvel

Behave Whittlet’s vics see u you soon [emoji6]

Definitely helps look at Kilwinning Glenafton Meadow now Darvel but they haven’t won anything as yet of course the budget helps

Buffs have signed younger guys this season and brought in some top amateur players, If anything they have trimmed the high earners and went with the youth and players who were tried and tested in earlier years. So far it’s looking great.