Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

Outside opinion but what difference does it make if theres one person in the dugout or ten ? Dont see how it could make a difference with anything really.

Only people in the dug-out should be the 5 substitutes and maximum of 4 technical staff as listed on the official team line.

Took in this game and stood in among the Hurlford  supporters, some of the shouts directed towards the lassie were out of order if it had been my daughter i think i would of been rolling about the terracing with a few of them

Does every lino no get the same?

59 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

Outside opinion but what difference does it make if theres one person in the dugout or ten ? Dont see how it could make a difference with anything really.

It’s no amateur now mate it’s bit more serious and there is laws to be adhered to so there is big difference 

43 minutes ago, GB65 said:

Does every lino no get the same?

They all get pelters but you can go over the top, i felt sorry for the lassie and its no as if she was makeing terrible decisions

Busy spell continues at new Cumnock this evening against a glenafton side who are one of the top teams in the country , lost 4-0 on Saturday but by all accounts never a 4-0 game so should be another learning curve for Mick and the boys , supporters bus is full which  gives us great satisfaction that we are doing something right at Darvel , the support on Friday night was fantastic and everyone went away delighted with what they saw so Augurs well for season ahead 

2 hours ago, Isthereaneggunderthat said:

I like a lot of others took this game in on Friday, Darvel started the better and Hurlford finished the stronger team, very good crowd and pitch was looking great.

After seeing the manager post on here i was keen to see him, i've got to be honest he does not look like a Mick Kennedy!!! he looks more like a Bobby Anderson, A man with the name of Mick Kennedy should be at least 6ft and 16 stone, with jet black hair and a beard.

We had a centre of that ilk in the 90’s. Not that weight then but saw him up at our game against killie and it’s a truer statement now😂. Hair and beard would now be grey though🤦🏻‍♂️

53 minutes ago, Isthereaneggunderthat said:

Red card all day, thought that at the time.

Only seen the highlights so obviously going by them. The video picks it up perfectly to be honest, well done guys.

Definitely a yellow card at the very least, both players going for the ball, both committed, just the Hurlford player was faster. The main person who counts in these situations is the referee and from his positioning he probably though it was a yellow. Every person at different angles will see the incident differently and usually biased. But it was a close call and could easily see why referee would red card the player, although, going by highlights, the referee got most decisions right.

In general from people at the game did the referee do well with most incidents and have a good game.?

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Only seen the highlights so obviously going by them. The video picks it up perfectly to be honest, well done guys.

Definitely a yellow card at the very least, both players going for the ball, both committed, just the Hurlford player was faster. The main person who counts in these situations is the referee and from his positioning he probably though it was a yellow. Every person at different angles will see the incident differently and usually biased. But it was a close call and could easily see why referee would red card the player, although, going by highlights, the referee got most decisions right.

In general from people at the game did the referee do well with most incidents and have a good game.?

Yea ref had a good game although I think Hurlford had one definite penalty not given 

Cracking highlights fae fitba shorts as usual. Looked a really good game darvel more than holding there own v 1 of the top sides in west. Good crowd also but nowhere near the 900 as quoted in here few days ago. DL what was offical attendance?

Mon the papers

34 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Cracking highlights fae fitba shorts as usual. Looked a really good game darvel more than holding there own v 1 of the top sides in west. Good crowd also but nowhere near the 900 as quoted in here few days ago. DL what was offical attendance?

Mon the papers

With all the young ones In for free I’d say around 8-900 

Thought Darvel ground out a great result tonight. Glenafton were well on top in the first half and squandered at least three great chances. Second half was dominated by Darvel who in my opinion looked fitter than Glenafton.  

Wedneday will take care of itself. Talbot are a class act but if Darvel continue to improve they have a chance. 

5 hours ago, RC85 said:

Hows Knapp looking?

He was really good this evening , he had a turn in the second half that if messi did it soccer Saturday would not stop showing it , it’s a big step up for keir but he will be a top player for us as the season gos on