Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

Guest Mick Kennedy

I wouldn’t have came to Darvel if it was Johns play thing, trust me he’s care about the club and the community as does the committee. 

There has been significant investment in the club over the summer by John and the club, as I’m sure there are in most clubs supported by income and sponsors. John is a very successful businessman, he knows how to run sustainable and successful businesses the clubs has great income from lottery, advertising and American sponsor. What will say is I can’t ever see John walking away but what I do know is the club will be sustainable in the near future there is a business plan in place as I said I wouldn't have came if there wasn’t.

The problem is people believe the rumours of players budget being £80k and above and player on £250-£500 a week just isn’t true. 

Since being a the club I couldn’t give John and the committee enough credit for the work they are doing off the park they are trying to build one of the best junior clubs in the country, on the park time will tell what the future it will bring, but I know it’s doesn’t and won’t bring financial uncertainty. 

John will be the club for many years to come as will the committee, before anyone says it yeh I might not be :)

Edited by Mick Kennedy

3 hours ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Ask him why he left Dumbarton. Where he is known as 666.

🤣 That was just a wee joke we had after he picked #6 and squared up to some Partick Thistle jobber in a friendly. He didn't make a competitive appearance for us, but I won't lie, I quite like him, he's a character. He's got the ability to be a top end League One player. He evidently clashed very badly with Stevie Aitken which ended his time with us...But he's not alone in that.

2 hours ago, tigerwoods.1 said:

On another note, Darvel would beat Dumbarton. Looking back I think he made the right choice to leave :))

I don't think they would you know, no offence or anything Mick 😉 

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, tigerwoods.1 said:
I know silly me. Almost forgot about the talbot beating Ayr ( who are better than Dumbarton ) in a competitive match.

Hence the "little" clause, that was a fantastic result for Talbot who are, as results have proven up until this point, a far better side than Darvel. In a league season, the squad that Dumbarton have would be streets ahead of Darvel by the end. Don't make me summon Pepp to tear your theories apart.

What’s there squad the now? Seen they had 7 trialists the other week? Things are looking good for them 

3 minutes ago, tigerwoods.1 said:

What’s there squad the now? Seen they had 7 trialists the other week? Things are looking good for them 

791193626_Screenshot2019-07-14at12_29_42.thumb.png.f739fb452619056950f05a196fece850.png

I'm not sure how good things are looking, but yesterday was somewhat reassuring. Quite a few guys who have played Juniors too in Crawford, Quitongo, Langan, McCluskey, Scullion, Zata and McMillan.

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:
2 hours ago, Ceejayar said:
One of the top junior clubs in Scotland and self sustainable hopefully.

come on Ceejayar u might be doing well 2 b self sustainable,an loads of credit if that is achieved but your not one of the top junior clubs in Scotland , your only that when trophies are won on a consistent basis like Talbot come on ?

Read the question to which I have replied. It asks where we will be when the money man walks away? 

Guest Mick Kennedy
24 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

🤣 That was just a wee joke we had after he picked #6 and squared up to some Partick Thistle jobber in a friendly. He didn't make a competitive appearance for us, but I won't lie, I quite like him, he's a character. He's got the ability to be a top end League One player. He evidently clashed very badly with Stevie Aitken which ended his time with us...But he's not alone in that.

I don't think they would you know, no offence or anything Mick 😉 

Haha if your implying tiger woods is I can assure it not mate if I have something to say I would. I also wouldn’t be disrespectful to any team not my style mate

14 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Haha if your implying tiger woods is I can assure it not mate if I have something to say I would. I also wouldn’t be disrespectful to any team not my style mate

Don't worry mate, I wasn't implying that - just didn't want you thinking I was slagging your guys!

Ross Perry injured? I had a quick glance at the teamlines on Facebook and didn't notice his name.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Don't worry mate, I wasn't implying that - just didn't want you thinking I was slagging your guys!

Ross Perry injured? I had a quick glance at the teamlines on Facebook and didn't notice his name.

Ross was on holiday yesterday

1 hour ago, GG said:

It’s a waiting game me I think you’ll win a few and lose a few what do you think will happen or do I need to ask that question

Mate I say as it is I think we will Win the league and if we get a wee bit of luck in the cups we will go very deep in them, what I do know after watching both games and they were both very competitive friendlies is if anyone beats us they will need to outbattle us first and that won’t be easy 

18 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate I say as it is I think we will Win the league and if we get a wee bit of luck in the cups we will go very deep in them, what I do know after watching both games and they were both very competitive friendlies is if anyone beats us they will need to outbattle us first and that won’t be easy 

DL ..... Can you make your mind up .... is it to be top 3 or top 5 finish in League or win to the League? 🤷‍♂️

Can you confirm/clarify for the record please 

Darvel must be the only show in town by the look of it 🤷‍♂️ The same people from all these other teams just repeating themselves over and over and over again. It’s boring, 20odd pages (plus loads from the last thread!) of jealous rage from other team’s... all very embarrassing tbh

Edited by Spyro