Jump to content
Darvel legend

Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

I like to see players from the town involved they drive on the guys who never and are a bridge into understanding what it means to the local fans if had my way would like to see a development team one day but that costs money that could go to the first team

Should be a pathway though for young local guys to break into the first team if they are good enough

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I like to see players from the town involved they drive on the guys who never and are a bridge into understanding what it means to the local fans if had my way would like to see a development team one day but that costs money that could go to the first team

Should be a pathway though for young local guys to break into the first team if they are good enough

Thanks for that Tt we will take it on board 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Thanks for that Tt we will take it on board 

Happens in Glasgow a lot off under 21 teams on the go just now

Understand Ayrshire towns are smaller

And a lot off towns don't have youth football teams

But somebody needs to be that guy or girl to come forward

And set one up for the kids sure if the gossip is right you can afford it

Buffs got a under 21 team as well

More teams do it and get on board

You have got yourself a under 21 Ayrshire league

But the youth teams need to be there first

And when they reach a certain age they try out for under 21 team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Chris Truesdale gk

Zander Cowie gk 

Darryl Meggat 

Ross Perry

Lance Pearce

Ryan Haxton

Kenny Marshall

Stephen McDevitt

Darren Miller

Wullie Robertson

Eddie Ferns

Keir Knapp

Ross McPherson

Alan McKenzie

Scott Ferguson

Paul McLaughlin

 

apologies if i have missed anyone out but there has been a lot of activity in the last few weeks 

not much mentioned about some of the other signings...be good to see Kenny Marshall back in the juniors ....a superb wee player for us,played sweeper to great effect and just the same in the middle...passing ability second to none...set piece expert anaw..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, wylieboy said:

ThemightyHERTHA spunking a fortune is that because every player at Beith is there playing for nothing emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

Compared to Darvel then yes....... Just ask archie ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Happens in Glasgow a lot off under 21 teams on the go just now

Understand Ayrshire towns are smaller

And a lot off towns don't have youth football teams

But somebody needs to be that guy or girl to come forward

And set one up for the kids sure if the gossip is right you can afford it

Buffs got a under 21 team as well

More teams do it and get on board

You have got yourself a under 21 Ayrshire league

But the youth teams need to be there first

And when they reach a certain age they try out for under 21 team

FYI .... All Ayrshire U21’s have to travel & play in Paisley & District League as nothing at this age group in Ayrshire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I like to see players from the town involved they drive on the guys who never and are a bridge into understanding what it means to the local fans if had my way would like to see a development team one day but that costs money that could go to the first team

Should be a pathway though for young local guys to break into the first team if they are good enough

And that to me me is “The downfall” of teams like Darvel  who are allegedly spending Big Bucks for a short term gain and IMO should be investing in Grassroots and offer a Player Pathway to local youth players of the future 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

And that to me me is “The downfall” of teams like Darvel  who are allegedly spending Big Bucks for a short term gain and IMO should be investing in Grassroots and offer a Player Pathway to local youth players of the future 

There is nowhere near enough of a population to start at grassroots level. That has been the case from when I played boys club level more than 30 years ago. Galston now have a great set up and are well established in the valley , there was an effort made I would say about 10 years ago to set up a youth team in Darvel  but like I said there was not enough kids to sustain it and it fell away. My nephew plays for Hurlford boys club and they are struggling for numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThemightyHERTHA spunking a fortune is that because every player at Beith is there playing for nothing




Of course they don’t there sugar daddy from Malcolm Logistics pays them a fortune that’s how Beith has gone from a mediocre team 10yrs ago to a team challenging for trophies nowadays mightymouth forgets to mention that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GG said:

 

 

 


Of course they don’t there sugar daddy from Malcolm Logistics pays them a fortune that’s how Beith has gone from a mediocre team 10yrs ago to a team challenging for trophies nowadays mightymouth forgets to mention that

 

 

 

100 percent wrong nice try though :thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

There is nowhere near enough of a population to start at grassroots level. That has been the case from when I played boys club level more than 30 years ago. Galston now have a great set up and are well established in the valley , there was an effort made I would say about 10 years ago to set up a youth team in Darvel  but like I said there was not enough kids to sustain it and it fell away. My nephew plays for Hurlford boys club and they are struggling for numbers.

Make it up from ex BB and scouts teams then get they would keep playing vineyard off chucking it

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100 percent wrong nice try though :thumsup2




100%right and you know it but don’t want to admit it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happens in Glasgow a lot off under 21 teams on the go just now

Understand Ayrshire towns are smaller

And a lot off towns don't have youth football teams

But somebody needs to be that guy or girl to come forward

And set one up for the kids sure if the gossip is right you can afford it

Buffs got a under 21 team as well

More teams do it and get on board

You have got yourself a under 21 Ayrshire league

But the youth teams need to be there first

And when they reach a certain age they try out for under 21 team

There isnt an ayrshire under 21 league. So teams full of 18/19 year old boys have 3 choices.

 

1.Wrap it.

2. Take the existing team to a league possibly some 50 miles away/ join a new team 50 mile away

3. Take the existing team amatuer or move to an amatuer team/junior

 

For me none of them are ideal options. Alot of young guts now cant even afford to learn to drive till they are older and now too old for mummy and daddy to shepherd them about 3 days a week. And for me the majority of guys that age arent ready for the play amatuer/junior football as it's too physical.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:
16 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:
Happens in Glasgow a lot off under 21 teams on the go just now
Understand Ayrshire towns are smaller
And a lot off towns don't have youth football teams
But somebody needs to be that guy or girl to come forward
And set one up for the kids sure if the gossip is right you can afford it
Buffs got a under 21 team as well
More teams do it and get on board
You have got yourself a under 21 Ayrshire league
But the youth teams need to be there first
And when they reach a certain age they try out for under 21 team

There isnt an ayrshire under 21 league

No shit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No shit 
No wonder your ridiculed constantly. I sent by mistake and was editing, But hiy that's still probably the most sense you have spoken on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:
13 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:
No shit 

No wonder your ridiculed constantly. I sent by mistake and was editing, But hiy that's still probably the most sense you have spoken on this.

I was talking about making one that is quite clear

And yet two people are talking and telling me stuff that they think I don't know

Nobody has ridiculed me in here they have sat and hid behind a key board and talked shit behind my back

I gave GG a invite but he never got back

Even Hertha has met me and my mate

And I am just a ordinary guy

Same as everybody else

And I've not hid behind a key board once

Everybody knows who I am were it matters

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was talking about making one that is quite clear
And yet two people are talking and telling me stuff that they think I don't know
Nobody has ridiculed me in here they have sat and hid behind a key board and talked shit behind my back
I gave GG a invite but he never got back
Even Hertha has met me and my mate
And I am just a ordinary guy
Same as everybody else
And I've not hid behind a key board once
Everybody knows who I am were it matters



I’ve got enough mates thanks for the invite though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...