Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

At least when I’m having a dig I’m having a bit of a laugh but you BERTHA take things to a different level is that because they stole fat Archie from Beith
McPherson was playing amateur with Goldenhill.

1 hour ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Darvel we are bertie big baws with the super dooper dressing rooms while away clubs can get changed in an old banger. 

A kiddy on big club who are setting a big target for themselves whilst the money grabbing players are simply  lining their pockets. 

Its only going to end one way.......... And its never good...... 

First off all hertha I'm not having a go at beith here because the people that run the club are very pleasant. But my question to you is where were beith as a team and ground surroundings before John boal came on board and where will they be once he is no longer on board ? Ps as I said not having a go at beith  or the good people that run the club. Just like the buffs before Alan mccluckie came to the buffs we were up and down and got the nick name the yo yo,s when he left we then we're up and down from the adl. So to darvel they now have a bit of fortune through a local man who wants to put his wealth into his local team and improve darvel as a team and get the community behind the club just like John boal ,Alan mccluckie and William hyslop at hurlford has done. Yes your right when these guys move on the team does take a hard blow but you look back on all the good times that happened in that era buffs and beith winning the Scottish for example so darvel may or may not experience the same as our club's have been through you never know? Finally yeah the darvel fans are on here shouting from the roof tops about their team and it does annoy a lot of people but they have had nothing to talk about down that way since the 70s when darvel were a decent team before the great talbot teams were formed.

Edited by wow-wee

New Signing

We would like to welcome Ross McPherson to the club, the striker has lots of Junior experience with Clydebank, Irvine Meadow & most recently Pollock, 'Archy' also had a spell with Queens Park & won the WoS Premier League with Beith.

The west of Scotland Cup was won a few weeks ago down in Irvine as far as I’m aware and I could be wrong Archie was in the squad
Hes never played with Pollok...
And you are wrong...

9 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

First off all hertha I'm not having a go at beith here because the people that run the club are very pleasant. But my question to you is where were beith as a team and ground surroundings before John boal came on board and where will they be once he is no longer on board ? Ps as I said not having a go at beith  or the good people that run the club. Just like the buffs before Alan mccluckie came to the buffs we were up and down and got the nick name the yo yo,s when he left we then we're up and down from the adl. So to darvel they now have a bit of fortune through a local man who wants to put his wealth into his local team and improve darvel as a team and get the community behind the club just like John boal ,Alan mccluckie and William hyslop at hurlford has done. Yes your right when these guys move on the team does take a hard blow but you look back on all the good times that happened in that era buffs and beith winning the Scottish for example so darvel may or may not experience the same as our club's have been through you never know? Finally yeah the darvel fans are on here shouting from the roof tops about their team and it does annoy a lot of people but they have had nothing to talk about down that way since the 70s when darvel were a decent team before the great talbot teams were formed.

I saw Beith win 12 trophies before the guy you mentioned was involved  and I'm sure we will be in safe hands when the time comes for pastures new. 

Nobody is bigger than the club, regardless of how great recent times have been, Beith keep a sustainable model and I would rather that than spunking hundreds and hundreds per week to money grabbing players. 

2 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

I saw Beith win 12 trophies before the guy you mentioned was involved  and I'm sure we will be in safe hands when the time comes for pastures new. 

Nobody is bigger than the club, regardless of how great recent times have been, Beith keep a sustainable model and I would rather that than spunking hundreds and hundreds per week to money grabbing players. 

I absolutely agree with you about wages bed bug bear of mine but doesn't matter if one team not paying it another will and that the way of the world from darvel to the very top of the money chain at man city.

22 minutes ago, GG said:

I’m not correcting you I’m asking if John is from Troon emoji106.png

John is originally from Galston which is 5 miles from Darvel but still within “ the valley “ . He now stays in Troon but would still describe himself as a Galston man. Local enough for me.

He fell out with beith in the winter and went back amateur to play till end of season 
He didn't fall out with anyone at the Club or the Club itself.

Archy struggled with injuries and a mutual decision was made to release him to go back to Goldenhill with his pals to play football at the end of January.

4 hours ago, wow-wee said:

I absolutely agree with you about wages bed bug bear of mine but doesn't matter if one team not paying it another will and that the way of the world from darvel to the very top of the money chain at man city.

You agree with it but It doesn't matter? 

1 hour ago, GG said:

He had words with Johnny about getting subbed and this led to his departure so there actually was a fallout but who fell out with who that is the question [emoji16.png

SHOULD I stay or should I go is most likely a question that will be running around Beith striker Ross "Archie" McPherson’s head as he goes to training tonight.

The 29-year-old hitman was left stunned earlier this week when told he was being transfer-listed by the Ayrshire club – reputedly as punishment for voicing his displeasure at being substituted by gaffer Johnny Millar during last weekend’s Scottish Junior Cup exit to Lochee United

That one was resolved and the parties made up......... Try and get things correct.... For once... 

28 minutes ago, btw lads said:

if an individual pours money into a junior club, how do they get some back?

Doubt if anyone does, if they do it would still be a net loss. The advantages- community involvement, prestige/ kudos, raising profile ( personal or business) Can be good for a club and bring instant success. Better to have a sustainable model than a Sugar Daddy as Bellshill , Bathgate and Ballingry have found out . 

I’m not having a pop at Pie.S.G. John might be there long term, just pointing out that there are lessons to be learned from other clubs experiences. My own club included, which is why no one can own more than one share. It may stifle investment but no one can sell us down the river again.

Would bet on Darvel winning league this season but doubt the bookies would give decent odds. 

Edited by holmparkheroes