Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

Just now, kilsyth ranger said:
17 minutes ago, andy25 said:
But but they haven't spent much money and the players are only there because of Michael Kennedy....emoji846.png

andy they are a good side with a few really good players but to make boasts about beating talbot is only asking for egg on the face

No one has said we will beat them but we don’t fear them 

7 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:
23 minutes ago, andy25 said:
But but they haven't spent much money and the players are only there because of Michael Kennedy....emoji846.png

andy they are a good side with a few really good players but to make boasts about beating talbot is only asking for egg on the face

In all seriousness if we got to quarters Of Scottish would I want them ? No really but if we were lucky enough to get to the final which is a long shot By the way , playing them on AstroTurf would that concern me ? not one little bit , and that’s just the way I see it 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Derek they think they are unbeatable I’m no so sure , no doubt they are the benchmark but we don’t fear them one little bit 

A love your enthusiasm big man, but a didn't see anything today that was outstanding and a joy to watch as you put it. 

Very good side yous have assembled down your way which is expected with the cash that's been spent, you should and did beat us today but we had chances. A result like that is expected. 

You might get there one day, the Talbot standard, your not there yet so I would calm down a wee bit, good side yes 👍

Don't expect Darvel to lose another game in the league all season .Best squad (and manager)in the league by mile .The only astro they will be playing Auchinleck in will be in the cup final though . As for cash doubt if they have as big as earners in the squad  as Talbot has 

Maybe that’s how Talbot are better then ?

I would say Darvel will have players earning more than Talbot .

Don't expect Darvel to lose another game in the league all season .Best squad (and manager)in the league by mile .The only astro they will be playing Auchinleck in will be in the cup final though . As for cash doubt if they have as big as earners in the squad  as Talbot has 

No complaints about the result today. Darvel were the better team. Grant, Ferns and no's 10 and 7 were quality. However, we had a couple of chances at 1-0, where if we'd taken them MIGHT have changed the game. Darvel are a good team and the quality of the squad, and money spent on it, should see them promoted along with Cumbernauld....but if Darvel come up against Talbot, Beith and Hurlford in the Scottish it'll be a different game. Good to catch up with Mick, Stuart and Brian today and wish them well for the rest of the season [emoji106]

16 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

right here goes, we were 2nd best today , the goal right after half time killed us , we competed well up until then , 6 ,9 and 10 realy impressed me today for Darvel, are they up to talbot standard? not yet methinks, we had a few chances which we didn't take and darvel were definitely more clinical than us , best side ive saw us play so far this season but not unbeatable imo , but then when u put out such a financial output u should be up there challenging for the title and they are !

Yea we have spent money and we won’t deny that but yesterday’s Starting 11 had from Last season 6 amateurs , 3 juniors and 2 reinstatement’s playing 

11 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Are they ? Certinly not a better football playing team ,maybe better at hoofball

You're undoubtedly right in that respect. Winning 7 Junior Cups under Tommy Sloan  by booting the ball aimlessly up the pitch hoping someone will latch on to it has evidently paid dividends. As has winning the Super League a record six times, including four "doubles" has all been done playing anti football. It's a frigging wonder we're not in the District League because we are so abjectly awful.

When was the last time you saw us play, by the way?

3 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

very impressed by no 6 ,9 and 10 on Saturday, am i right that it was muir , grant and McKenzie?

coincidentally i think they were the 3 goalscorer's .

Yea it was , I thought Grant was nearly unplayable Saturday , his link up plans and goal were superb