Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

And Uve plenty who play week in week out who wouldn’t get a game for us 

swings and roundabouts geo 

Guy Faulkes must be celebrated on the 6th down in Dervel when you can still get a banger or a rocket.

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

See these work commitments. Is it the same players every week. If so they are not committed to your club.

I have no issue with guys who need/want to work on saturdays , everybody needs to make a living but they have no business being semi-pro footballers.

A player who is unable to play is no use to anybody and is taking up  a wage and squad place that could be used elsewhere

We are doing no bad without them so just wait to they are all back 🤔

Just now, Darvel legend said:

Who says they are getting paid when they are away working ? 

If they are turning up to training they will get part of their wages also they will have got signing on fees.  You are paying money and getting nothing back from these guys, They don't sound like the most committed guys even if they do become available. Some might say mercenaries.

3 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

If they are turning up to training they will get part of their wages also they will have got signing on fees.  You are paying money and getting nothing back from these guys, They don't sound like the most committed guys even if they do become available. Some might say mercenaries.

Uve no idea what’s going on but keep guessing and thanks for ur concern , we will take it on board 

3 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
12 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:
Well when u have 20 signed players and 8 or 9 out at a time it doesn’t give us much option , I know u would like to see us fall flat on our face but we won’t 

I don't want to see u fall flat but why is there 8 or 9 out?

Long term injuries and 3 guys where their employer says they are working away from home , there is nothing even we can do about that unfortunately but when they are all back we will have one if not the best squad of players in junior football 

10 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

That's a fair amount of injuries doesn't seem as though yous have had settled team yet

No u seem a reasonable guy so I will explain , I don’t think we have had the same team 2 games running since the competitive games started. In pre season we played the buffs , beith , kilbirnie and then the league cup urselves Hurlford and the Glens , in the 6 games we only lost to talbot and conceded only 3 goals , but since then only Darryl meggat has been an ever present and whilst on the subject of Darryl he is the best player in junior football , absolutely outstanding footballer