Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

2 hours ago, South Beach said:

Legend your out of order having a pop at big Ally, you need to remember what these boys did to win the ADL.

Big ally is a brand new big lad, and a decent player.certainly a lot more than a long throw. Bang out of order slating him, and tbh I dont usually condone mindless violence but like to see you slate the big man to his face

Back to the game today .Broughty had a few chances in the 1st half and probably didn't deserve to be down 2-0 .Second half was played mostly in Darvels half but Darvel always looked dangerous on the break .Cracking goal got Broughty the equaliser and will be a 50/50 game going by today's performance in the replay .Broughty keeper was delighted and no wonder saved him from a red face .Good game from the spectators but the pitch cut up badly in the 2nd half .Should be a cracking game up there on  Astro with 2 evenly matched teams going by today's game 

8 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

U stick to amateur fitba which is ur level and leave junior fitba to guys who know all about it and were good players , no someone who’s only ability was flinging 40 yard shys , we are still there and we will go to broughty very confident 

Seems a strange thing to say about players at amateur level considering your own manager was one of most successful ever at the grade and quite a number of current  Darvel players achieved great things at amateur as well. Sounds like your denigrating what your club is built on this season. Darvel are heading for promotion , still in the big cup , happy days. Chill bud.

Guest Moomintroll

Maybe because DL & his brother have helped to keep the club alive during their shite times. He does talk some nonsense but I can't fault him for crowing during the times of plenty due to John & all the work that is going on behind the scenes in response to his investment.

To be fair to the man, he does stick up and say good things about his manager, club and players unlike some others including committee members you read on social media who make silly comments about their teams players and ability.

Sure, he’s out of order commenting on ex-players and needs to chill but some others are just as bad, and thats current players they’re talking about.

Jim wears his heart on his sleeve and does more work for Darvel than anybody on this forum will ever know or hear about, yes at times he goes over the score but he will be the bigger man and apologise if out of order. For the record there is no doubt the adl winning team are a huge part of what’s happening doon the brae at the moment, they are the reason myself and others got back involved with the club and why the community started coming back to watch the team.

Maybe because DL & his brother have helped to keep the club alive during their shite times. He does talk some nonsense but I can't fault him for crowing during the times of plenty due to John & all the work that is going on behind the scenes in response to his investment.

I don’t think anyone questions the hard work being done in the background to improve both the standing and reputation of the club.
However, the problem is that you have an individual who is almost single handedly undermining all of that good work and ..... more damningly ..... he’s a club official !!!

It would be fine if he could limit himself to ‘crowing’ but he can’t.

It is beyond belief that any club official can think it right or proper to come onto this or any other public forum and be as disparaging, disrespectful and offensive as he has been towards other clubs and their supporters.

I don’t question that he’s one of Darvel’s biggest fans and I don’t doubt he puts in a shift in the background ( I’ve praised him for that previously on here ) But .... he’s still a club official and he can’t turn that fact off and on when it suits him.

I honestly believe he’s damaging his club and seriously needs to consider his position.

But hes untouchable as hes the one calling the shots at Darvel...

I don’t think anyone questions the hard work being done in the background to improve both the standing and reputation of the club.
However, the problem is that you have an individual who is almost single handedly undermining all of that good work and ..... more damningly ..... he’s a club official !!!

It would be fine if he could limit himself to ‘crowing’ but he can’t.

It is beyond belief that any club official can think it right or proper to come onto this or any other public forum and be as disparaging, disrespectful and offensive as he has been towards other clubs and their supporters.

I don’t question that he’s one of Darvel’s biggest fans and I don’t doubt he puts in a shift in the background ( I’ve praised him for that previously on here ) But .... he’s still a club official and he can’t turn that fact off and on when it suits him.

I honestly believe he’s damaging his club and seriously needs to consider his position.

Jim wears his heart on his sleeve and does more work for Darvel than anybody on this forum will ever know or hear about, yes at times he goes over the score but he will be the bigger man and apologise if out of order. For the record there is no doubt the adl winning team are a huge part of what’s happening doon the brae at the moment, they are the reason myself and others got back involved with the club and why the community started coming back to watch the team.

So basically your a self confessed glory hunter? [emoji23].

5 minutes ago, stvr794 said:

So basically your a self confessed glory hunter? emoji23.png.

No not at all, brought up with junior football with my dad who was a committee member for years and followed the team till my early 20’s then as like a lot of guys my generation moved on to go to senior football, since then now have a young family and doing what my dad done with me and I now take my 2 boys to watch Darvel even although the big one who is only 7 is trying to get me to take him to senior football every Saturday. Btw I would hardly call the last 2 seasons in the championship glory hunting.

No not at all, brought up with junior football with my dad who was a committee member for years and followed the team till my early 20’s then as like a lot of guys my generation moved on to go to senior football, since then now have a young family and doing what my dad done with me and I now take my 2 boys to watch Darvel even although the big one who is only 7 is trying to get me to take him to senior football every Saturday. Btw I would hardly call the last 2 seasons in the championship glory hunting.

You just admitted that Darvel winning the ADL brought you back to the games 🤦🏻‍♂️ and also the last 2 seasons in the championship is when the money started to be invested so aye it is glory hunting

52 minutes ago, stvr794 said:

You just admitted that Darvel winning the ADL brought you back to the games 🤦🏻‍♂️ and also the last 2 seasons in the championship is when the money started to be invested so aye it is glory hunting

Is that not the norm when teams start winning more people get involved🤷🏻‍♂️Is there anything wrong with that, and the money started getting invested when the team were in the adl.

[emoji1787]
What's with the songs about Talbot?

Is that not the norm when teams start winning more people get involved[emoji2371]Is there anything wrong with that, and the money started getting invested when the team were in the adl.

5 hours ago, CopaMundials said:

To be fair to the man, he does stick up and say good things about his manager, club and players unlike some others including committee members you read on social media who make silly comments about their teams players and ability.

Sure, he’s out of order commenting on ex-players and needs to chill but some others are just as bad, and thats current players they’re talking about.

Don't care what he does for the club, its no excuse for his conduct and its not crowing about Darvel that people care about.

Lets have  look at some of his comments:

Personal attacks on posters and now an ex-player

Disparaging comments about other teams perceived playing style

Suggesting the SJFA are rigging the Junior Cup draw so Talbot get home ties

Suggesting the SJFA are corrupt to ensure Talbot are in the Junior Cup final

I am amazed this guy is still in an official position