Danny Boyle
Arron Black 

Ex Senior 

Daryl Meggit 
Willie Robertson
Jamie McKernon 
Jason Marr 
Gary Muir 

there is our squad , hardly the most expensive ever assembled in junior football but it’s amusing everyone thinks that’s the case 

Ex Amateur 
Chris Truesdale
Zander Cowie
Ryan Haxton 
Lance Pearce
Kenny Marshall
Thomas Airlie
Darren Miller
Stephen McDevitt
Scott Ferguson 
David Grant 
Phil Johnstone
Ex Juniors
Alan Mckenzie
Eddie Ferns
Archie McPherson
Danny Boyle
Arron Black 
Ex Senior 
Daryl Meggit 
Willie Robertson
Jamie McKernon 
Jason Marr 
Gary Muir 

there is our squad , hardly the most expensive ever assembled in junior football but it’s amusing everyone thinks that’s the case 

........ but by far the biggest wage bill in your club’s long history !
Not really sure what your (lengthy) squad list actually tells us. If your previous posts are to be believed... these boys are only there because of their connection with MK.
But the reality is that, had MK been blessed with the same playing budget as your previous managers ...... he wouldn’t be anywhere near your club.
Your ambition is to be applauded and as junior fans, we should all be grateful that there are folk out there such as your chairman who are prepared to invest in their local team. Who wouldn’t want that for their own club.
But ambition alone didn’t bring MK ( or your playing squad ) doon the brae. Your ability to back it up financially did that !!

So its a bit of a vicious circle really. No money ... no Mick ... no Mick ... no players !
I’m not convinced thats an entirely healthy position.
Maybe if your previous managers had been afforded the same level of support / investment as Mick, they might have enjoyed similar success. We’ll never know ...... they never got that chance !

3 hours ago, Barney Killoch said:

........ but by far the biggest wage bill in your club’s long history !
Not really sure what your (lengthy) squad list actually tells us. If your previous posts are to be believed... these boys are only there because of their connection with MK.
But the reality is that, had MK been blessed with the same playing budget as your previous managers ...... he wouldn’t be anywhere near your club.
Your ambition is to be applauded and as junior fans, we should all be grateful that there are folk out there such as your chairman who are prepared to invest in their local team. Who wouldn’t want that for their own club.
But ambition alone didn’t bring MK ( or your playing squad ) doon the brae. Your ability to back it up financially did that !!

So its a bit of a vicious circle really. No money ... no Mick ... no Mick ... no players !
I’m not convinced thats an entirely healthy position.
Maybe if your previous managers had been afforded the same level of support / investment as Mick, they might have enjoyed similar success. We’ll never know ...... they never got that chance !

I don't really see what the problem is here except the main thing is really jealousy by supporters of others teams that they are not in the situation of Darvel.
I admit, I do not bother with Darvel legend as he bites to much, treats comments about Darvel as if they are an attack when they are not, sometimes the stuff he says I just switch off and if he was in an official capacity in a team that I operate in I would want him to stop online what he is doing as there's too much negativity on show to others.

This season Darvel have came out with money, brought in coaches and players of alleged higher calibre, nothing wrong with that, that's Darvel's Plan and I commend them for this. Again as I've stated in the past, exact same happened with Hurlford in the 99/00 season, the 7 season previously they had no money and usually bottom of the old second division. Then a new chairman took over with money and brought in well known players in Ayrshire at the time, not the best but little know getting to two semi/finals and a quarterfinals, putting the likes of Auchinleck and Glenafton out of cups.  What I will say was that Hurlford continued with their growth due to having financial backing and other than a couple of lapses have been doing well for a long time.  All I can say is good luck to Darvel and hope they continue with their growth as right now they are the team to beat as we were at Hurlford and they remit should be to get promotion at whatever cost of which I full expect them to do so and anything else along the way is a brilliant extra

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

7 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Hurlfords investment was a lot more recent than 99/00

Sorry it has went through phases. It started the first time back in 99/00 and through those years until now there has been other big money people came in and the level has changed.
The point is that the 99/00 was a catalyst or part of and Hurlford haven't really looked back since as more people, locals, sponsors etc.. have came into the club to invest.
The same can happen to Darvel, and for me, there's nothing wrong with that

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 hour ago, Haggis nut said:

One of the " they all left pro and junior teams to play for mick" brigade 🤣 the whole of footbsll knew what was going on at colville, why do u think they have no team, the cash left 👍

😂😂😂 brilliant 👍

• 2 weeks later...