Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

36 minutes ago, Longshanks66 said:

but they didn't seem to play as a team

No really gettin whit you mean here, some of the play was quite outstanding considering the surface, please elaborate. emoji2369.pngemoji6.png

Pal you just can’t please people , as u say some of the football was fantastic on a surface like that 

1 hour ago, wow-wee said:

Watched this game didn't think there was much football played due to the grass being long and soft but it's January not many good pitches around at this time of the year . Thought darvel ran out comfortable winners few good individuals in the darvel team but they didn't seem to play as a team . Neilston are no mugs and dug in but darvel were never going to lose this game special mention to the darvel number 9 great all round forward and would take him in my team anytime. 

We struggled with our shape in the first 25 mins, the game changer was when Mick changed it to 3 at the back, great piece of management.

2 hours ago, wylieboy said:
3 hours ago, combineharvester said:
Darvel ran out deserved winners in end 
we couldn’t get going today 
game changed wit a blatant hand ball for Darvel first goal  we then conceded minutes later and never really recovered from that 
big number 9 and 5 at back were two stand outs for me 
all the best for the rest of season 

Number 9 Davie Grant has been brilliant since coming in he is unplayable right now

Told @Darvel legend when you signed him you were getting a cracker and probably had no idea just how good a player he was because he came up from the amateurs. He's easily a Super Premier Standard player.

3 hours ago, Longshanks66 said:

but they didn't seem to play as a team

No really gettin whit you mean here, some of the play was quite outstanding considering the surface, please elaborate. emoji2369.pngemoji6.png

What I seen as a neutral  was darvel have some good individuals especially the forward David Grant but I didn't see a good team performance which is my opinion watching darvel for the first time this season . But you and a few other darvel fans thought differently .

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

They can sniff away , why would he want to leave Darvel ? 🤔

As Darvel aren’t the best in the juniors so if one top teams come calling then I am sure if money is right he goes. Same goes for you manager he won’t be at Darvel all his life if he keeps doing well . 

1 minute ago, Manintheloby said:

As Darvel aren’t the best in the juniors so if one top teams come calling then I am sure if money is right he goes. Same goes for you manager he won’t be at Darvel all his life if he keeps doing well . 

At the moment we are a work in progress and I think the coaching and playing staff know this, imo they want to be part of what we are trying to achieve and that is be a top junior team.

7 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

For a player like Darryl to extend his contract shows how far we have came in a short time, taking 3 buses to petershill on Saturday shows the community are behind us and long may it continue.

Do the community have to promise to hate Talbot to be allowed on the bus?

Biggest travelling support since the 80s going to petershill tomorrow and that makes what we have been working at doon  the brae very satisfying , It will be a very tough tie but hopefully with the noisy support behind the boys we can come out on top 

Will be Darvel’s largest travelling support since Petershill beat them 1-0 at Love Street in the mid 80’s