Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

49 minutes ago, Whittlets vic said:
14 hours ago, Newguy said:
How much money has been spent there Whittlets Vic? Can you enlighten us?

Honestly don't be daft they are paying big wages up there and I know that for a fact

They will be paying the level of wages needed to compete to win the league their in 

9 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

As with many clubs there is a regular support. Has this increased with your success?  I know that Hurlford have had relative success ove r the past few years yet from what I have seen their support has not really increased week in week out.

We have went from 40-50 at home games to 200-250 and we took over 100 to cumbernauld on Saturday so the community are getting behind the club which is great to see 

As with many clubs there is a regular support. Has this increased with your success?  I know that Hurlford have had relative success ove r the past few years yet from what I have seen their support has not really increased week in week out.
Don't know what you are comparing, but in the old Super First Hurlford (2012/13) had a regular fan base of 20-30; since our time in the Premiership that has grown to 100-150. It's not exactly earth shattering, but it is bucking the trend at most junior clubs.

On 07/01/2020 at 07:48, Darvel legend said:

We have went from 40-50 at home games to 200-250 and we took over 100 to cumbernauld on Saturday so the community are getting behind the club which is great to see 

Superb must be brilliant for yourself to see such numbers back doon the brae. Does make you wonder where all they were when the club was struggling financially but it happens to all clubs.

1 hour ago, clash city rocker said:

Superb must be brilliant for yourself to see such numbers back doon the brae. Does make you wonder where all they were when the club was struggling financially but it happens to all clubs.

It certainly helps and to be fair when ur struggling it’s difficult to attract people down to support the team but hopefully that’s in the past and we can continue to grow as a club on and off the park 

29 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Darvel ran out deserved winners in end 

we couldn’t get going today 

game changed wit a blatant hand ball for Darvel first goal  we then conceded minutes later and never really recovered from that 

big number 9 and 5 at back were two stand outs for me 

all the best for the rest of season 

Number 5 is Darryl meggat best player in junior football imo , we are privileged to have him 

Darvel ran out deserved winners in end 
we couldn’t get going today 
game changed wit a blatant hand ball for Darvel first goal  we then conceded minutes later and never really recovered from that 
big number 9 and 5 at back were two stand outs for me 
all the best for the rest of season 
Number 9 Davie Grant has been brilliant since coming in he is unplayable right now

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Number 5 is Darryl meggat best player in junior football imo , we are privileged to have him 

Watched this game didn't think there was much football played due to the grass being long and soft but it's January not many good pitches around at this time of the year . Thought darvel ran out comfortable winners few good individuals in the darvel team but they didn't seem to play as a team . Neilston are no mugs and dug in but darvel were never going to lose this game special mention to the darvel number 9 great all round forward and would take him in my team anytime. 

but they didn't seem to play as a team

No really gettin whit you mean here, some of the play was quite outstanding considering the surface, please elaborate. [emoji2369][emoji6]

Watched this game didn't think there was much football played due to the grass being long and soft but it's January not many good pitches around at this time of the year . Thought darvel ran out comfortable winners few good individuals in the darvel team but they didn't seem to play as a team . Neilston are no mugs and dug in but darvel were never going to lose this game special mention to the darvel number 9 great all round forward and would take him in my team anytime.