Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

The reality is that there probably will be a challenge by Darvel in the future. If there isn't then it will have been a massive waste of money. However, it all comes down to whether it will be enough or will have longevity. The Darvel fans bleated on about the Sectional cup win at Beechwood last season like they were the new champeens. One win can happen but it's over the piece that counts.

Where I think the problem lies is the personalities and the kidology involved.

1) A manager who talks about himself more than about his team.

2) A chairman who pumps money in on a whim. And saying he insists on the kits being washed at home to save money is nonsense. Barely 10 minutes later Mr. Kennedy said GPS trackers were on order for the players. If success doesn't come then the money will stop. At least that's what history shows.

3) Club officials being blatantly disrespectful to other clubs. There IS such a thing as bad publicity. Ordinary fans fine, but senior officials shou!d show some restraint and common decency.

4) Whatever the situation in playing staff has been, Darvel are currently in the second tier and haven't beaten any top teams yet. The progress the club have made is fantastic but the same can be said about plenty of other clubs e.g. Rossvale, Cumbernauld, Neilston etc. but they don't beat their chest like you guys do. Until you take some big scalps it's all just hot air.

5) And finally, on the subject of hot air, just because you all blow smoke up each others keester at every given opportunity doesn't make you winners or "the most talked about club in the Juniors". It just makes you all look like you're getting carried away.

It's quite a simple formula really. Get the results on the pitch, show a little humility and stop telling us all how amazing you all are and you will be taken seriously. At least I will take you seriously at that point.

9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The reality is that there probably will be a challenge by Darvel in the future. If there isn't then it will have been a massive waste of money. However, it all comes down to whether it will be enough or will have longevity. The Darvel fans bleated on about the Sectional cup win at Beechwood last season like they were the new champeens. One win can happen but it's over the piece that counts.

2) A chairman who pumps money in on a whim. And saying he insists on the kits being washed at home to save money is nonsense. Barely 10 minutes later Mr. Kennedy said GPS trackers were on order for the players. If success doesn't come then the money will stop. At least that's what history shows.

3) Club officials being blatantly disrespectful to other clubs. There IS such a thing as bad publicity. Ordinary fans fine, but senior officials shou!d show some restraint and common decency.

4) Whatever the situation in playing staff has been, Darvel are currently in the second tier and haven't beaten any top teams yet. The progress the club have made is fantastic but the same can be said about plenty of other clubs e.g. Rossvale, Cumbernauld, Neilston etc. but they don't beat their chest like you guys do. Until you take some big scalps it's all just hot air.

5) And finally, on the subject of hot air, just because you all blow smoke up each others keester at every given opportunity doesn't make you winners or "the most talked about club in the Juniors". It just makes you all look like you're getting carried away.

It's quite a simple formula really. Get the results on the pitch, show a little humility and stop telling us all how amazing you all are and you will be taken seriously. At least I will take you seriously at that point.

Point 1 - untrue

point 2- John doesn’t pump Money in willy nilly

point 3- no club official is disrespectful 

point 4 - we beat glenafton comfortably at new Cumnock , talbot would win there easily as well mind u 🤭

point 5 - like it or lump it we are the most talked about team in junior football 

u will take us serious soon enough trust me 

Where were you when Neil McPherson was keeping Darvel alive single handedly?

Point 1 - untrue
point 4 - we beat glenafton comfortably at new Cumnock , talbot would win there easily as well mind u [emoji2960]
point 5 - like it or lump it we are the most talked about team in junior football 

Guest Moomintroll
Point 1 - untrue
point 4 - we beat glenafton comfortably at new Cumnock , talbot would win there easily as well mind u [emoji2960]
DL, I have defended you in the past but dial it back a little bit right now. Talbot are way above everyone else at the moment, aspiring to knock them off their perch is great, claiming you are better already in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is not a good look. In a year or two, who knows but right now Tucker & his squad are peerless.

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

Where were you when Neil McPherson was keeping Darvel alive single handedly?

He would’ve been busy posting on here at the time about Hurlford bringing in some good players.

Always positively of course. Absolutely. Lucky that or he could’ve ended up looking like a bit of a hypocrite now.......

13 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Well said.

Not sure who originally came up with the quote “we’re not laughing WITH you... we’re laughing AT you”..... but it’s seriously starting to ring true on this thread.
I’m sure John Gall and Mick Kennedy must be grateful to you ( and the rest of the Darvel committee ) for all your hard work behind the scenes at Recreation Park to help move the club forward. In that regard, your efforts are genuinely to be applauded.
John has clearly made a significant financial investment in the club and that investment includes something of his reputation in the local and business communities. ( The same goes for Mick and his reputation as a manager ). I’m sure both will be keen to ensure that their association with Darvel Juniors does nothing to diminish or tarnish their respective reputations.

In that regard ......there must be times when they read your comments on this particular thread and wish you would just ‘shut the f**k up’ !

Signed
John Gall & Michael Kennedy