Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

11 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

To put on a performance like that yesterday with 9 players missing was a delight to watch and the only thing missing was the finishing which was a culmination of sitters , great goalkeeping and just downright bad luck 

haxton - injured 

marr- injured

perry- working

meggat - injured

mcd - injured

robertson - injured

miller- suspended

ferns - working

mcpherson - injured 

that was nearly our team pre season and league cup and to stay near the top of the table is testament to the squad we have 

we now move on to Blantyre next Saturday who are THE form team in our league and It’s probably good we go in as slight underdogs 

come on the vale 

Is there a reason why so many are injured?  When do you anticipate getting back to full strength, some of the players mentioned have hardly kicked a ball for you.  Its difficult coming back at this time of year, heavy pitches, cancelled games etc.  Always felt that one of the issues when players move down a level is with regards to fitness ie they lose it quite quick.  Seen it before, some players it doesn't work out, others take a season to settle in, but I think they need to get as many games under their belts as possible.  When you signed the players were you aware there may be issues with work commitments?

21 minutes ago, Jollyboy John said:

Is there a reason why so many are injured?  When do you anticipate getting back to full strength, some of the players mentioned have hardly kicked a ball for you.  Its difficult coming back at this time of year, heavy pitches, cancelled games etc.  Always felt that one of the issues when players move down a level is with regards to fitness ie they lose it quite quick.  Seen it before, some players it doesn't work out, others take a season to settle in, but I think they need to get as many games under their belts as possible.  When you signed the players were you aware there may be issues with work commitments?

I would imagine IF we get to last 16 of Scottish and it’s a big ask then we should nearly have everyone back for then but we could do with snow and Ice for the next few weeks if I’m being honest 

With the greatest of respect we're all (most?) suffering from injuries, fact of life when you're talking about essentially no more than part time players at our level, no matter how much you may/may not be getting paid to play.

I reckon we were missing 9 players too on Saturday, OK not all would start if everyone fit and available but it stretches your squad, we only made 1 sub although we had 2 others on the bench but given the pummeling we were taking in the second half, throwing the others on could have been detrimental to them, decent prospects but I'm not sure that was a situation to put first season out the 21s into when it was already backs to the wall.

First half I thought was pretty even, you had more of the ball but IMHO I thought we looked more likely to do something with it when we had it, which we did to lead 1-0 at the break.

Second half different story although we were worth the 2-0 lead we had, hard for anyone not to accept that we rode our luck afterwards(!), if I was a Darvel fan I'd be wondering just how the f*** we lost!

That said for all your dominance (if it was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it to save us from further punishment!) you were fragile at the back and we were clinical in scoring 3 from at best 5 or 6 chances, I also thought for all your possession we had the games most influential player in wee Craig Dallas, you're not the first team to not know how to stop him short of constant fouling!

Definitely the best team we've played (over both games) this season and happy to split the "series" 3 points each!

With the greatest of respect we're all (most?) suffering from injuries, fact of life when you're talking about essentially no more than part time players at our level, no matter how much you may/may not be getting paid to play.
I reckon we were missing 9 players too on Saturday, OK not all would start if everyone fit and available but it stretches your squad, we only made 1 sub although we had 2 others on the bench but given the pummeling we were taking in the second half, throwing the others on could have been detrimental to them, decent prospects but I'm not sure that was a situation to put first season out the 21s into when it was already backs to the wall.
First half I thought was pretty even, you had more of the ball but IMHO I thought we looked more likely to do something with it when we had it, which we did to lead 1-0 at the break.
Second half different story although we were worth the 2-0 lead we had, hard for anyone not to accept that we rode our luck afterwards(!), if I was a Darvel fan I'd be wondering just how the f*** we lost!
That said for all your dominance (if it was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it to save us from further punishment!) you were fragile at the back and we were clinical in scoring 3 from at best 5 or 6 chances, I also thought for all your possession we had the games most influential player in wee Craig Dallas, you're not the first team to not know how to stop him short of constant fouling!
Definitely the best team we've played (over both games) this season and happy to split the "series" 3 points each!

Don’t disagree with any of the above mate. Your goalie also had a great game [emoji106]

That won’t be our last defeat this season I don’t think. We take it on the chin and move on. As I said earlier in the thread we could have been playing to midnight and score wouldn’t change 🤷‍♂️

All the best for the run in [emoji106]

Well if you were a neutral that was some game of football For £6 , first 20 minutes very even but once we scored the first goal it was one way traffic and going up 3-0 was probably a true reflection on the game , then another debatable decision brought about a red card which in my day wouldn’t even have been a foul but Allan gave the ref a decision to make when at that stage of the game he didn’t really need to make the challenge and the Blantyre right back was very cute and milked it for all its worth and then just when ur thinking ur on cruise control we lose a goal from a corner kick to give them a lift right on half time .

we controlled the game brilliantly with 10 men and when Calvin Kemp after some great pressuring on their back line stroked the 4th goal home it seemed like it was tie over , Blantyre huffed and puffed and just when u think it’s party time two goals in a minute changed the tie and it was hang on time when I’m pretty sure if we hadn’t went down to ten men we could have won the game by how many , fair play to Blantyre who are a very stuffy and no shortage of talent in their ranks but I’m sure any neutral would have went away saying Darvel were the better team , this gets us to last 16 and with that tie not until the end of January gives us time to get the likes of haxton , marr , Perry , mcd , ferns and Mcpherson all back in the fold ,

I’ve a feeling we won’t be far away 

come on the vale