Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

One final comment I get a bit of stick on here for backing Darvel but the reason is very simple

I met and was given the guilded tour by DL last season, he introduced me to a few faces and with a beer in hand we had a right good chat about football and remember we had a few ding dongs on here ourselves, once over candyman playing whiskey in the jar when we beat them 1-0 lol but despite what I had read on here and what some had said I met a guy who loved his club and was excited about what was planned for Darvel and despite us being rivals he still wanted to pass on advice,information and even help when I nipped his nut about a few things and on my encounters in junior football DL and the folk at Darvel are a rare breed and I have the utmost respect for them and if folk don't like it then tough .

Then when the lads came down the Roch earlier this season I met up and enjoyed a good old chat with ceejayar and co who despite signing more players than the all stars were very humble and far from being big time Charlie's they in fact had spoken at length on how tough the championship would be to get promoted from which is what you get when you meet good football people.

Am I jealous of Darvel ?

You better believe it I wish it was St Rochs buying the top players and building a cracking venue but I certainly don't begrudge them any success that comes there way as they have put a lot of time ,money and effort into making there club not just a good footballing side but also a place that can be the hub of the community and be something the town can be proud of so if folk want to give them stick for that then they need to give themselves a right good look in the mirror cos for junior fitba to survive that's what all our clubs need to be doing,that is being the hub of the community and being a club the local folk can be proud of

17 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

One final comment I get a bit of stick on here for backing Darvel but the reason is very simple

I met and was given the guilded tour by DL last season, he introduced me to a few faces and with a beer in hand we had a right good chat about football and remember we had a few ding dongs on here ourselves, once over candyman playing whiskey in the jar when we beat them 1-0 lol but despite what I had read on here and what some had said I met a guy who loved his club and was excited about what was planned for Darvel and despite us being rivals he still wanted to pass on advice,information and even help when I nipped his nut about a few things and on my encounters in junior football DL and the folk at Darvel are a rare breed and I have the utmost respect for them and if folk don't like it then tough .

Am I jealous of Darvel ?

You better believe it I wish it was St Rochs buying the top players and building a cracking venue but I certainly don't begrudge them any success that comes there way as they have put a lot of time ,money and effort into making there club not just a good footballing side but also a place that can be the hub of the community and be something the town can be proud of so if folk want to give them stick for that then they need to give themselves a right good look in the mirror cos for junior fitba to survive that's what all our clubs need to be doing,that is being the hub of the community and being a club the local folk can be proud of

What's the background to playing whiskey in the jar? Sounds like there's a right funny story behind it maybe? 

7 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Then when the lads came down the Roch earlier this season I met up and enjoyed a good old chat with ceejayar and co who despite signing more players than the all stars were very humble and far from being big time Charlie's they in fact had spoken at length on how tough the championship would be to get promoted from which is what you get when you meet good football people.

Am I jealous of Darvel ?

Get a room!

Guest Moomintroll
Guys apart from the pish That has already been spouted about me on here which I won’t allow and have taken legal advice on one I am not barred from here and two I am not the Darvel icon 
mind u most of you will just make things up as you go along
well done Gartcairn yesterday on ur point , for 25 minutes second half you pinned us in and we couldn’t get out but if we had taken our chances first half the game would have been well over , we know how difficult these games are away from home and Over the course of a league season points will be dropped , we have no Devine right to beat anyone but we are in mid October and still unbeaten away form home which we will take as this league is not easy and just while on the subject of away from home we are in the middle of 6 away games on the bounce which is disgraceful , no junior team I don’t care how much money they have should have no home games in a calendar month throughout the season ,
some clubs can even get home games in a cup final [emoji848]

Guys apart from the pish That has already been spouted about me on here which I won’t allow and have taken legal advice on one I am not barred from here and two I am not the Darvel icon 
well done Gartcairn yesterday on ur point , for 25 minutes second half you pinned us in and we couldn’t get out but if we had taken our chances first half the game would have been well over , we know how difficult these games are away from home and Over the course of a league season points will be dropped , we have no Devine right to beat anyone but we are in mid October and still unbeaten away form home which we will take as this league is not easy and just while on the subject of away from home we are in the middle of 6 away games on the bounce which is disgraceful , no junior team I don’t care how much money they have should have no home games in a calendar month throughout the season ,

To be fair to kennie, he almost always gets it right unlike the Robertsonsaurus. Will be an anomaly that he is probably kicking himself for.

Soon as gaffer get better offer he won’t be no were let’s face it use  are a stepping stone to we’re he wants to be and that’s in Rio league with better team than Darvel . Right time right place for him to take over Darvel end off 

What’s with the big change in you manthattalksjobby you were right behind the Gaffer a few months ago

Fanny