Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

Good game today , draw a fair result both teams had chances , thought we rode our luck along with some great defending last fifteen of first half where darvel peppered our goal but couldn’t put it in, second half felt we where on top for large spells and deserved the equalizer to take it to 1-1.
Sending off for second yellow deserved no complaints, darvel scored a good goal to take the lead, darvel pushed for more and in my opinion Gartcairn played it well with some good counter attacking, one resulting in a free kick taken quickly by Paul Murphy into an empty net, darvel defense slept at that one.
All about opinions but for me draw was fair.
All the best to darvel for the rest of the season , lots of good guys on the committee and thank you to our fans, the darvel fans that travelled and the neutrals today, it’s appreciated.

Summed up the game pretty well tbh. We knew it wasn’t going to be an easy one with Cairn riding the crest of a wave with results, tbf we were struggling with a lot of injuries/work commitments with 9 key players missing but we got on with it and took our chances but not convincingly enough hence the scoreline.

Thanks sctv and all the best to Cairn for the remainder of the season [emoji106]

MTV [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji123]

Summed up the game pretty well tbh. We knew it wasn’t going to be an easy one with Cairn riding the crest of a wave with results, tbf we were struggling with a lot of injuries/work commitments with 9 key players missing but we got on with it and took our chances but not convincingly enough hence the scoreline.

Thanks sctv and all the best to Cairn for the remainder of the season [emoji106]

MTV [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji123]
Yes, agree with most of the above, but ffs the surface was an absolute disgrace, that 'carpet' must be about 10 yrs old an put a man out today with ligament damage for about 2/3 months.

Absolute joke tbh, fkn schoolyard we played in today, no be back, ever [emoji23][emoji1787] rant over [emoji2369]

57 minutes ago, Darvel_Marvel said:

Thanks sctv and all the best to Cairn for the remainder of the season emoji106.png

MTV emoji838.pngemoji836.pngemoji838.pngemoji123.png

Aye you just got on with no excuses then 

26 minutes ago, Longshanks66 said:

Yes, agree with most of the above, but ffs the surface was an absolute disgrace, that 'carpet' must be about 10 yrs old an put a man out today with ligament damage for about 2/3 months.

Absolute joke tbh, fkn schoolyard we played in today, no be back, ever emoji23.pngemoji1787.png rant over emoji2369.png

You can come back next season as we have a brand new surface going down along with 200 seats.

hope the injured player makes a speedy recovery

Edited by Gartcairn Army

51 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Me at Gartcairn last month
Told ye it was awful lads emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngFB_IMG_1570906656478.jpeg

We were lucky the sun was out, must be awful in the rain with the wind howling over the park. The kids had to go on the inside of the railings to see the game, terrible set up.

Give them a feckin chance like, 3/4 years in the junior grade, things don’t happen overnight, took Darvel years to get their park up to a decent standard, in fact if it wasn’t for the dressing room upgrade then you could say it’s still poor, fact Darvels ground is only 2 sides from a spectators viewing, cut the crap guys, you dropped 2 points so resort to bringing the opposition set up down, arrogance & immaturity in abundance

2 hours ago, Darvel_Marvel said:

Thanks sctv and all the best to Cairn for the remainder of the season emoji106.png

MTV emoji838.pngemoji836.pngemoji838.pngemoji123.png

No way do Darvel players work? Why? That's pure greed! What's the point? Surely they veer into the supertax bracket if they work as well as those famous wages?? I just can't get my head round it. There's players who are rumoured to be on a triple pony and donkey a week but still choose to work?? I'm not buying that. Something ain't right!! 

Edited by Thatsvulgar

3 minutes ago, Appraisal said:

Give them a feckin chance like, 3/4 years in the junior grade, things don’t happen overnight, took Darvel years to get their park up to a decent standard, in fact if it wasn’t for the dressing room upgrade then you could say it’s still poor, fact Darvels ground is only 2 sides from a spectators viewing, cut the crap guys, you dropped 2 points so resort to bringing the opposition set up down, arrogance & immaturity in abundance

We have had the small stand for 100 odd years, we had the social club till the early 90’s. We have had stepped terracing for 20 odd years, this year over and above the dressing room we have added a large covered terrace and doubled up the bar/ hospitality area.

No way do Darvel players work? Why? That's pure greed! What's the point? Surely they veer into the supertax bracket if they work as well as those famous wages?? I just can't get my head round it. There's players who are rumoured to be on a triple pony and donkey a week but still choose to work?? I'm not buying that. Something ain't right!! 

Back again with more pish all about the Darvel

45 minutes ago, Thatsvulgar said:

🤡 👞 

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

We were lucky the sun was out, must be awful in the rain with the wind howling over the park. The kids had to go on the inside of the railings to see the game, terrible set up.

How did you manage to take that pic while standing on that we chair? Talented man!

did you take the chair home?

49 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

We have had the small stand for 100 odd years, we had the social club till the early 90’s. We have had stepped terracing for 20 odd years, this year over and above the dressing room we have added a large covered terrace and doubled up the bar/ hospitality area.

Delighted for you mate, we are 4 years old 

Back to the normal scenario 9 players out. Must have a squad of 20 at least and don't forget there the best squad in Scotland rest my case.