Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

33 minutes ago, Darvel_Marvel said:

Forecasted inclement weather only mate. Our park has been playable this season in some terrible conditions. Offer up to avoid backlog of games if teams are on cup runs only mate 🤷‍♂️

Forecast for Barrhead is dry from 7am on Friday morning right through till kick off.

30 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Forecast for Barrhead is dry from 7am on Friday morning right through till kick off.

it wasn't when we asked mate! a see its to be ok now as you say. we just want the game to be on.

wasnt requested for any kind of advantage to be gained glensmad  👍

Darvel are delighted to announce the signing of ex St Mirren, Ayr Utd, Glenafton, Queens Park and Stenhousemuir midfielder Jamie McKernon.

Jamie undoubted ability and experience will be a massive asset to the club as progress this season. Everyone connected with the club are delighted we have been able to attract someone of Jamie quality

We beat off several top junior clubs to land Jamie

Welcome to the club [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838]MTV

Darvel are delighted to announce the signing of ex St Mirren, Ayr Utd, Glenafton, Queens Park and Stenhousemuir midfielder Jamie McKernon.

Jamie undoubted ability and experience will be a massive asset to the club as progress this season. Everyone connected with the club are delighted we have been able to attract someone of Jamie quality

We beat off several top junior clubs to land Jamie

Welcome to the club [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838]MTV
Welcome to The Vale Jamie another great signing by the club

2 hours ago, Darvel Icon said:

Great article by the Gaffer online shows the winning mentality that he’s targeting the Scottish and isn’t happy with just the league

I know the Darvel boys were unhappy with my post on the other thread but, in all seriousness, read these two articles and you will see where I'm coming from.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/former-rangers-defender-ross-perry-20386083

https://www.cumnockchronicle.com/sport/17931579.tucker-hails-hearts-victory-best-yet/

I know the Darvel boys were unhappy with my post on the other thread but, in all seriousness, read these two articles and you will see where I'm coming from.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/former-rangers-defender-ross-perry-20386083

https://www.cumnockchronicle.com/sport/17931579.tucker-hails-hearts-victory-best-yet/
JB shocking that a manager wants to get promoted and do well in the cups, need to get the chairman to have a word with Mick and tell him that Darvel are happy to stay in the Championship and it doesn't matter about the cups [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Jim - having read both articles I have the following opinion (assuming I am allowed that if I dont see where your coming from 🤷‍♂️);

Tuckers article stating best performance of the season (IMO it was), I also commented to that effect on here saying it was great for West Region fitba

Micks article stating great to have key players back in starting 11, hoping for a good cup run. used to wining ways (which he did with Colville), main aim is promotion (which it is) but wants to do well in Junior Cup

Now am no sports journalist but both articles have no common theme other than 2 managers reflecting - 1 on performance of season, 2 on hoping for good cup run now having key players back from injury. Am I missing something?

It would appear you have a keen interest in our business and great that Talbot Fans wanting to hear all about our affairs at Darvel - we must be doing something right

2 hours ago, wylieboy said:

JB shocking that a manager wants to get promoted and do well in the cups, need to get the chairman to have a word with Mick and tell him that Darvel are happy to stay in the Championship and it doesn't matter about the cups emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

2 hours ago, Darvel_Marvel said:

Jim - having read both articles I have the following opinion (assuming I am allowed that if I dont see where your coming from 🤷‍♂️);

Tuckers article stating best performance of the season (IMO it was), I also commented to that effect on here saying it was great for West Region fitba

Micks article stating great to have key players back in starting 11, hoping for a good cup run. used to wining ways (which he did with Colville), main aim is promotion (which it is) but wants to do well in Junior Cup

Now am no sports journalist but both articles have no common theme other than 2 managers reflecting - 1 on performance of season, 2 on hoping for good cup run now having key players back from injury. Am I missing something?

It would appear you have a keen interest in our business and great that Talbot Fans wanting to hear all about our affairs at Darvel - we must be doing something right

Lads, you haven't grasped what I'm saying. I put both articles up to compare the language used by both managers. Yours uses the word "I" and ours uses the word "we". 

It's either a bad habit or shows a difference in priorities. It also underlines the reason why I had a joke on the other thread about just that.

And just to say it's a public forum to debate public matters. Examples of such matters being newspaper articles and statements made when players are signed. If you don't think I, or anyone else should be commenting on them get a website and password protect it but then you wouldn't get the attention you all crave.