Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

I've been watching this thread for a while because it's an interesting story developing and i'm interested in seeing how MK gets on in his new role in a new arena (Junior fitbaw) and how Darvel get on generally, but this thread has turned into an absolute farce at times.

Darvel Legend aside (and i'll be honest, that guy is probably the biggest roaster on here), but the majority of Darvel posters have been absolutely fine and reasonable. MK has, in my opinion, conducted himself with integrity whenever he posts despite seeing some utter tripe being spouted towards him. One person posted making at least 4 jibes about his "amateur" background, which is incredible as that guy has probably never managed a team in his life. From afar it looks as if Mick has done a terrific job thus far and going well in the league, bit of excitement about the club etc. So the fact he's come from amateurs has no bearing on success at all. We all have to start somewhere.

It's the Darvel snipers that are really turning this thread into a circus (albeit DL has given ALOT of ammunition to be fair - and now it looks like Darvel Icon is either the same guy or at least the same persona). 

Someone said it perfectly earlier by saying that there's people on here that wouldn't act the same way in person as they do behind a screen - I think people should think about that and stop being absolute to$$ers in all honesty. 

The whole Kemp situation and the hysteria that caused on here and trying to slag the club was mental as well.
Club wants to sign player. Club agree's fee with other club. Player seems keen. Player agrees. Club announce (officially or unofficially it doesn't matter). There's a hitch in deal. Deal called off at late stages.

Big deal. It probably happens all the time. Weird nonsense aimed towards the team for no apparent reason.

In summary:

DL / DI - stay off the forum, you cause your club too much crap because you're a bit of a bellend in truth, you invite way too much bad press that most of the good guys don't deserve. 

Mick - keep doing a good job, good luck with the team.

Edited by bringbackmols

39 minutes ago, bringbackmols said:

I've been watching this thread for a while because it's an interesting story developing and i'm interested in seeing how MK gets on in his new role in a new arena (Junior fitbaw) and how Darvel get on generally, but this thread has turned into an absolute farce at times.

Darvel Legend aside (and i'll be honest, that guy is probably the biggest roaster on here), but the majority of Darvel posters have been absolutely fine and reasonable. MK has, in my opinion, conducted himself with integrity whenever he posts despite seeing some utter tripe being spouted towards him. One person posted making at least 4 jibes about his "amateur" background, which is incredible as that guy has probably never managed a team in his life. From afar it looks as if Mick has done a terrific job thus far and going well in the league, bit of excitement about the club etc. So the fact he's come from amateurs has no bearing on success at all. We all have to start somewhere.

It's the Darvel snipers that are really turning this thread into a circus (albeit DL has given ALOT of ammunition to be fair - and now it looks like Darvel Icon is either the same guy or at least the same persona). 

Someone said it perfectly earlier by saying that there's people on here that wouldn't act the same way in person as they do behind a screen - I think people should think about that and stop being absolute to$$ers in all honesty. 

The whole Kemp situation and the hysteria that caused on here and trying to slag the club was mental as well.
Club wants to sign player. Club agree's fee with other club. Player seems keen. Player agrees. Club announce (officially or unofficially it doesn't matter). There's a hitch in deal. Deal called off at late stages.

Big deal. It probably happens all the time. Weird nonsense aimed towards the team for no apparent reason.

In summary:

DL / DI - stay off the forum, you cause your club too much crap because you're a bit of a bellend in truth, you invite way too much bad press that most of the good guys don't deserve. 

Mick - keep doing a good job, good luck with the team.

Darvel Legend is/was a wind up merchant and a lot of his sarcasm is lost on a lot of posters. He is a long time genuine junior man who has suffered some horrific times supporting his club , he is now wallowing in the belief that times are changing and the future at last is bright. He could be a tad more reserved about it lol but when he ends his posts with ' good luck to your club for rest of season ' he genuinely means it , he wants every junior club to progress. Darvel becoming a success doesn't need to be at the expense of other clubs. Honestly don't believe Mick Kennedy would have given up what he had created at Colville ( who are now in serious danger of folding ) to come work with a clown that most folk believe DL to be.

Darvel Legend is/was a wind up merchant and a lot of his sarcasm is lost on a lot of posters. He is a long time genuine junior man who has suffered some horrific times supporting his club , he is now wallowing in the belief that times are changing and the future at last is bright. He could be a tad more reserved about it lol but when he ends his posts with ' good luck to your club for rest of season ' he genuinely means it , he wants every junior club to progress. Darvel becoming a success doesn't need to be at the expense of other clubs. Honestly don't believe Mick Kennedy would have given up what he had created at Colville ( who are now in serious danger of folding ) to come work with a clown that most folk believe DL to be.

Well put Clash City Rocker - like yourself a genuine junior man [emoji106]

We have all bought into what Mick and his trusted team are putting forward and it bodes well for us going forward. The level of professionalism shown wouldn’t look out of place at senior level.

Yes we have come under fire and probably haven’t helped ourselves at times by comments on here but deep down we are all passionate about DJFC - that’s it in summary pal

DL was passionate about his club when they had nae money and now they are rolling in it he has went right off the Richter Scale. Quite right too. I look forward to the Darvel boys visit on Saturday. Expecting a lot of banter which has always been there. As previous posts intimate a lot of DL sarcasm gets lost in translation.
Darvel are now the pacesetters in the league and are there to be shot down, so it's a free hit for us on Saturday and if we take something from the game brilliant. If we lose but give it a go, so be it.
T

DL was passionate about his club when they had nae money and now they are rolling in it he has went right off the Richter Scale. Quite right too. I look forward to the Darvel boys visit on Saturday. Expecting a lot of banter which has always been there. As previous posts intimate a lot of DL sarcasm gets lost in translation.
Darvel are now the pacesetters in the league and are there to be shot down, so it's a free hit for us on Saturday and if we take something from the game brilliant. If we lose but give it a go, so be it.
T

Look forward to Saturday tombo mate.

Yous gave us good games both HnA last year but think we edged it. Yes everyone will be wanting to skelp us this year, due to all the hype. Overall it’s good for junior fitba as an entity if people are talking about us (although appears to be more off the park [emoji23])

What’s your park looking like with all this rain - more on the way tombo 🤷‍♂️

Well put Clash City Rocker - like yourself a genuine junior man [emoji106]

We have all bought into what Mick and his trusted team are putting forward and it bodes well for us going forward. The level of professionalism shown wouldn’t look out of place at senior level.

Yes we have come under fire and probably haven’t helped ourselves at times by comments on here but deep down we are all passionate about DJFC - that’s it in summary pal

The set up we have now will match any lower league professional club and some higher