Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

Mate I’ve played and watched junior football for 40 years , he is outstanding 
So you really are saying he is better than big Frew. I didn't think you were serious. Go and ask some of your mates who have really watched Darvel for 45 years and if any of them tell you there is a better player to have played for your team I'll eat my Ladeside bunnet. You just can't make that statement after seeing a player play half a dozen friendlies and 2 league Cup games.

11 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:
1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:
Mate I’ve played and watched junior football for 40 years , he is outstanding 

So you really are saying he is better than big Frew. I didn't think you were serious. Go and ask some of your mates who have really watched Darvel for 45 years and if any of them tell you there is a better player to have played for your team I'll eat my Ladeside bunnet. You just can't make that statement after seeing a player play half a dozen friendlies and 2 league Cup games.

Ur clueless the best player to play with Darvel in the 45 years I’ve played and watched was John leckie , u stick to kilbirnie 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

The emoji931.png end made the same prediction last year after beating Talbot in the league cup and what happened nowt so it’s wait and see if they are as good as he thinks they are

Let’s get the excuses in now if they do get beat

1. They were pish

2. We was robbed as we were the better team

3. Don’t care as we have best, Pies, Defender, Pitch, Fans, Hame Dressing Room in Scotland 

4. It’s only a pre-season Tournament anyway

Best quote I read recently was by a Bot fan after Hurlford game:

We have taken care of the old pretenders & its time to take care of the new pretenders next (not word for word)

7 minutes ago, GG said:

Everyone is clueless apart from DL he is the font of all knowledge about junior football well he thinks he is anyway
wait and see if the Darvel can do it Week in week out and actually win a trophy or a league it’s going to be interesting

What gets to me is the word Legend he is NOT a legend Henry Dummigan, George Morton, Dunky Black, Tommy Moore, Bert Loach, Bert Esquierdo, etc are or were real legends.

Listen Billy Bawbag, Darvel are on the way up win lose or draw the morra night, away n pollute another thread for kicks W[emoji572]

1. They were pish
3. Don’t care as we have best, Pies, Defender, Pitch, Fans, Hame Dressing Room in Scotland 
We have taken care of the old pretenders & its time to take care of the new pretenders next (not word for word)

50 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

1. They were pish

The talbot are getting it awrite , deal wae it . 

Who is Darvel Legend? Who is The Pieman? Who is John Gall? Are they the same person? John(ny) Leckie - Darvel's greatest player - in poor health - talks fondly of his time at Darvel - played as a Bellfield BC player. in a Kilmarnock FC 2-0 win over Dundee Utd and, of course, in the 1976 cup final - Congratulations to the Legend, Pieman or J.Gall - great things happening at Darvel - I recall a 3-0 win over Parkhead standing under the 'predecessor' of the new enclosure. All the best for the season!

1 hour ago, clash city rocker said:

Yip agree Leckie was best player ever for Darvel.  Frew was good as well though his penalties were dodgy sometimes :)

Wullie was a great junior , leckie was different class , some senior full backs nowadays are millionaires and couldn’t lace johns boots 

11 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Wullie was a great junior , leckie was different class , some senior full backs nowadays are millionaires and couldn’t lace johns boots 

How about inviting Johnny Leckie to opening league game of the season. If not, how about the league cup final ?!?!

2 hours ago, Longshanks66 said:

Listen Billy Bawbag, Darvel are on the way up win lose or draw the morra night, away n pollute another thread for kicks Wemoji572.png

Listen matey, if you give it you need to be big enough to take it, so away back & practice your 🎻 if your are in the band

A good try but I’m no taking your advice 

We look forward to welcoming the best junior side  in the country tomorrow night 7pm kick off recreation park 
Draw does talbot but we win we qualify and that would put a right Marker down for season ahead 
don’t know how it will pan out but will be a very interesting game 

Beating Talbot does not put a marker down for the rest of the season, Darvel beat Talbot last season in this competition and look how the season panned our for both teams 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, stvr794 said:

Beating Talbot does not put a marker down for the rest of the season, Darvel beat Talbot last season in this competition and look how the season panned our for both teams 🤷🏼‍♂️

Aye ok and we are no a far better team this season ? 🤔