Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Brilliant result up in new Cumnock this evening ,Chrissie kept us in it first half with 3 good saves but second half performance was outstanding , could have been 4 or 5 

win on Wednesday we are through 

need to check who we play 

Win in 90 minutes you go through.

Win on penalties you go out

He was really good this evening , he had a turn in the second half that if messi did it soccer Saturday would not stop showing it , it’s a big step up for keir but he will be a top player for us as the season gos on 
Good to hear. Saw him plenty at amatuer and he was head and shoulders above the rest. Hope he does well

A couple more months of fitness and he wouldnt look out of place in the seniors

He was really good this evening , he had a turn in the second half that if messi did it soccer Saturday would not stop showing it , it’s a big step up for keir but he will be a top player for us as the season gos on 

Great 2nd half performance tonight. Some great individual performances, Chrissie with 3 great stops to keep us in it in the first half, Meggat just class, Robertson not too far behind, Knapps best performance so far this season, Miller for his perseverance and Hewitt who put in a decent performance when he came on. Imo we have not started so far with our 1st 11 and we definitely have not seen the best of Eddie Ferns, early days but loads to look forward to this season.

Great 2nd half performance tonight. Some great individual performances, Chrissie with 3 great stops to keep us in it in the first half, Meggat just class, Robertson not too far behind, Knapps best performance so far this season, Miller for his perseverance and Hewitt who put in a decent performance when he came on. Imo we have not started so far with our 1st 11 and we definitely have not seen the best of Eddie Ferns, early days but loads to look forward to this season.
Great result tonight onwards and upwards Talbot next on Wednesday night in winner takes all in 90 minutes

Great result for Darvel tonight. There are some bitter people out there regarding Darvel.. I think it’s a breath of fresh air in the Juniors I’m sure everyone has 1 eye on their results. Good luck for the season guys hope it’s a successful one. 

7 hours ago, Viewparker said:

Thought Darvel ground out a great result tonight. Glenafton were well on top in the first half and squandered at least three great chances. Second half was dominated by Darvel who in my opinion looked fitter than Glenafton.  

Wedneday will take care of itself. Talbot are a class act but if Darvel continue to improve they have a chance. 

Would agree with you on that . Glens have only themselves to blame for not putting the ball in the net and should have been well clear at half time . I was impressed with darvel in 2nd half and they're fitness ended up winning them the game. Doesn't help when the glens turn up with 11 first team players with no even a trialist to help them out.

Not sure how close that was to the first choice team but  I think darvel will get better as they get more games under there belts and the team gels together, some impressive players for them last night, goalie was very  good and the no 4 ( meggat ?) 

The league will be a stroll for them and they will no be far away in the big cups with a squad like that, no sure how long they'll get away with having 37 bodies in the technical area though 😀

1 hour ago, 93glens17 said:

Would agree with you on that . Glens have only themselves to blame for not putting the ball in the net and should have been well clear at half time . I was impressed with darvel in 2nd half and they're fitness ended up winning them the game. Doesn't help when the glens turn up with 11 first team players with no even a trialist to help them out.

Not sure how close that was to the first choice team but  I think darvel will get better as they get more games under there belts and the team gels together, some impressive players for them last night, goalie was very  good and the no 4 ( meggat ?) 

The league will be a stroll for them and they will no be far away in the big cups with a squad like that, no sure how long they'll get away with having 37 bodies in the technical area though 😀

Darryl  meggat will quite simply be the best player in junior football , we are lucky to have him, he is outstanding and plenty more alongside him who are fantastic footballers and this team have only been together 5 games , we will only get better as the season gos on and we were plenty of players short last night also so Augurs well 

14 minutes ago, GG said:

Your putting a target on Meggat all the defensive players will kick him all over the park should keep your thoughts to yourself I’ve seen Talbot do this plenty times to the best opposing players and when one player gets booked for it they just change to a different player marking them

aye nae bother ur knowledge is fantastic , fyi darryl is a defender and probably the best ive ever seen at junior level 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

aye nae bother ur knowledge is fantastic , fyi darryl is a defender and probably the best ive ever seen at junior level 

I believe Gee will run amok against him, 2 yellows for Beckanbauer on Wednesday the crowd 2,000, 500 pays at the gate and 1500 weans in for nothing

Edited by dreggin

54 minutes ago, dreggin said:

I believe Gee will run amok against him, 2 yellows for Beckanbauer on Wednesday the crowd 2,000, 500 pays at the gate and 1500 weans in for nothing

I believe g is best striker in junior football but I also believe he won’t run amok against megs 

We look forward to welcoming the best junior side  in the country tomorrow night 7pm kick off recreation park 

Draw does talbot but we win we qualify and that would put a right Marker down for season ahead 

don’t know how it will pan out but will be a very interesting game 

6 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Darryl  meggat will quite simply be the best player in junior football , we are lucky to have him, he is outstanding and plenty more alongside him who are fantastic footballers and this team have only been together 5 games , we will only get better as the season gos on and we were plenty of players short last night also so Augurs well 

Christ, that's a bold statement to make about meggat. You'll get a better idea how he's shaping up against the taliban tomorrow. You've got to take into account he was playing against a lacklustre joe Andrew last night, and darvel clean sheet was maybe down to a right good goalie and some shite finishing 

29 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

Christ, that's a bold statement to make about meggat. You'll get a better idea how he's shaping up against the taliban tomorrow. You've got to take into account he was playing against a lacklustre joe Andrew last night, and darvel clean sheet was maybe down to a right good goalie and some shite finishing 

Mate I’ve played and watched junior football for 40 years , he is outstanding 

48 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate I’ve played and watched junior football for 40 years , he is outstanding 

Not supporting Darvel because they had NO support until 2 seasons ago Were you there helping out when Neil McPherson was running the place almost single handed?

Edited by dreggin