Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

One thing I did notice last night was Darren spoke about signing 6 under 21s and freshening things up , were they aw on holiday as I never saw many under 21s on the park 🤔

Hurlford looked a really good outfit last night despite being a bit rusty at times.  You can see why they compete for all the trophies.  

One thing I noticed about last night was the lack of bad tackles.  A few mistimed ones but nothing really horrendous  

Thought the ref managed the game well except for his inability to count the number of penalties. 

One thing I did notice last night was Darren spoke about signing 6 under 21s and freshening things up , were they aw on holiday as I never saw many under 21s on the park [emoji848]

Could be from Hurlford U19’s who are meant to be very good

One thing I did notice last night was Darren spoke about signing 6 under 21s and freshening things up , were they aw on holiday as I never saw many under 21s on the park [emoji848]
Don't know about signing 6 from U21s.

New signings GK Martin McDonald and Mick Wardrope (6) are both 22, I think.
Callan Veith from Hurlford U19s was on the bench.

Last night's goalscorer, Jack Whittaker and Adam Hodge & Sam Lidington (both currently injured) are in their 3rd seasons at Blair Park and are all still only 21/22, so our average age has been slowly creeping down over the past few seasons.

But as Alan Hansen knows, you can't win anything with kids [emoji12] [emoji12]

5 hours ago, GB65 said:

Could be from Hurlford U19’s who are meant to be very good

MoSt of the under 19 league is made up off feeder teams from the junior teams , hurlford and talbot being first and second in the league last year . 

MoSt of the under 19 league is made up off feeder teams from the junior teams , hurlford and talbot being first and second in the league last year . 

IMG_4825.jpgGoing by the league table Hurlford must be some team. I’m sure Hendo will be keen to bring a few in

IMG_4825.thumb.jpg.6d3947d0f2247e90c2e73576e1d283e0.jpgGoing by the league table Hurlford must be some team. I’m sure Hendo will be keen to bring a few in
Even more impressive when you consider the entire squad were U17 the previous season.

However, they are a separate club and not part of Hurlford United.

Hurlford looked a really good outfit last night despite being a bit rusty at times.  You can see why they compete for all the trophies.  
One thing I noticed about last night was the lack of bad tackles.  A few mistimed ones but nothing really horrendous  
Thought the ref managed the game well except for his inability to count the number of penalties. 

Counting has never been a strong point of mine either so I relied on recording them on my phone.
Darvel took 5 penalties (scored 2, missed 2 and the other was saved)
Hurlford took 4 (scored 3 and 1 was saved).
Therefore no reason to take the last penalty.

15 minutes ago, The'FORD said:

Counting has never been a strong point of mine either so I relied on recording them on my phone.

The ref was ready to call it quits after 4 penalties each🤦🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, The'FORD said:

His assistant didn't help either as both keepers moved before kicks were taken and she was only 10 yards away.

Tbh she was horrendous whole game. Couldn't get by kicks and corners correct let alone decisions like that 

11 hours ago, The'FORD said:

Just shows the confusion the ref caused as we can’t agree on how many penalties were taken. 

23 hours ago, Viewparker said:

I thought the right back of Darvel went over the top of the ball and "done" Taz in the last 10 minutes got a yellow but he should have had a red imo 

Guest Mick Kennedy
3 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Was Michael Kennedy impressed by Talbot yesterday?

I have always been impressed by them every time I watch them. What not to be impressed by great club, great team and great manager 

14 hours ago, The'FORD said:

His assistant didn't help either as both keepers moved before kicks were taken and she was only 10 yards away.

Took in this game and stood in among the Hurlford  supporters, some of the shouts directed towards the lassie were out of order if it had been my daughter i think i would of been rolling about the terracing with a few of them