Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

10 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Where are the odds DL

Tbf that is generous given the players at your disposal but what's the odds for the Scottish cup that's where we will see what the bookies really think

Mate I can see us being one of the favourites after talbot but hope I’m wrong , I just feel the bookies will be wary of us 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

4/6 for the title , Mick what u doing to us 😂😂

Any truth in the rumours Darvel have asked for posts to be taken down from P and B because the money people are on keeps getting mentioned? 

Absolutely ridiculous if true!

8 hours ago, Thatsvulgar said:

Any truth in the rumours Darvel have asked for posts to be taken down from P and B because the money people are on keeps getting mentioned? 

Absolutely ridiculous if true!

Looks like DL has gone AWOL in answering this one ..... been 8 hours now!!!

Nothing Darvel can do if the other clubs in the cup tie don't agree to waive the fee for under 16s as it's a shared gate . 

The teams who really should look at themselves are Hurlford & Talbot as they refused to let kids in for free.

Hurlford were asked if they were ok with free entry for U12s. They said YES.Later that day they were asked if they were ok with free entry for U16s. Again, they said YES. I would be amazed if Talbot responded differently as, to my knowledge, they never have when Hurlford have asked them.

But PLEASE don't let the facts cloud your judgement in the blame game.

FYI

Hurlford have free entry for 16 and under at all home league games and home cup ties where the opposition agrees. They always agree to the same rules when playing away in cup ties.

I understand it becomes tricky in the Scottish Cup when the association gets a share of gates.

If a club allows UNACCOMPANIED young children into the ground the question of Duty of Care becomes more complicated and therefore it makes sense to give the gate officials some element of control should, for example, a 13yo arrive with younger kids in tow without any adult supervision.

Good look at ourselves over.

11 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Hurlford were asked if they were ok with free entry for U12s. They said YES.Later that day they were asked if they were ok with free entry for U16s. Again, they said YES. I would be amazed if Talbot responded differently as, to my knowledge, they never have when Hurlford have asked them.

FYI

Hurlford have free entry for 16 and under at all home league games and home cup ties where the opposition agrees. They always agree to the same rules when playing away in cup ties.

I understand it becomes tricky in the Scottish Cup when the association gets a share of gates.

If a club allows UNACCOMPANIED young children into the ground the question of Duty of Care becomes more complicated and therefore it makes sense to give the gate officials some element of control should, for example, a 13yo arrive with younger kids in tow without any adult supervision.

Got to agree about the unaccompanied kids, we have a yearly battle with them in the stand as they don't behave and cause mayhem for the people trying to watch the match. They know you can't touch them and in all honesty make it miserable viewing for the paying supporters. PS. They buy their stuff from Tesco's and leave their rubbish strewn all over the seats.

Got to agree about the unaccompanied kids, we have a yearly battle with them in the stand as they don't behave and cause mayhem for the people trying to watch the match. They know you can't touch them and in all honesty make it miserable viewing for the paying supporters. PS. They buy their stuff from Tesco's and leave their rubbish strewn all over the seats.

I forgot how rough it was up your way.
We don’t have those issues at Girvan.

A very angry post but the information I was given was that Hurlford rejected that offer .
So I can only comment on the information given so if they did indeed offer to wave the fee for under 16 but over 12 then I applaud them as I think that offering free entry to kids is a wonderful incentive to get the kids involved and hopefully they become the next generation of fans of that club .

FYI

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Probably took them down because this thread is going like the last Darvel thread with all the dafties of the day putting up shite about who is getting paid what as if they know everything that happens in the committee room

I know what you're saying but remember the hills have eyes!

1 hour ago, Thatsvulgar said:

I know what you're saying but remember the hills have eyes!

1 hour ago, Thatsvulgar said:

Ignore that last message. Wrong saying! I meant the walls have ears

From the Spanks type hidden messages here,it looks like you're saying that the Darvel culprit is a walleyed guy with big ears. I look forward to viewing that portrait.  :huh:

image.jpeg.9ffb1c3e15ccb80a1222fafbdeb1a3dc.jpeg