Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

Killie didny kick the baw till the management team walked in [emoji6]

Great game we started very strong first 20 minutes then Kilmarnock took over with Dom Thomas outstanding 
however we finished very strong which against a full time team is very pleasing 
thanks to killie for fielding a strong side and giving us a great workout before the main thing which is Hurlford at home Friday night 

Guest Mick Kennedy

Now pre season has finished we concentrate on the serious stuff. Congratulations to everyone connected with the club there has been a remarkable turn around on and off the park since I first visited in February. 

Hopefully we are starting to create a club the community feel proud to say represent them, still loads of improving to come in the future. 

I know the players have been given some stick by some fir being mercenaries etc, what I will say is it’s been a pleasure working with the so far, they have been dedicated, hungry, committed and the level of togetherness they have shown in such a short space of time is remarkable. They have truly bought into the ethos and culture I believe in creating. Hopefully in the future people will recognise the same qualities I see in them as men and players, and will understand why I brought them to Darvel.

Ive no doubt the future will bring many challenges, we will work hard and see what the future brings us. Good luck to everyone associated with junior football as the season truly begins this weekend.  

Edited by Mick Kennedy

24 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Now pre season has finished we concentrate on the serious stuff. Congratulations to everyone connected with the club there has been a remarkable turn around on and off the park since I first visited in February. 

Hopefully we are starting to create a club the community feel proud to say represent them, still loads of improving to come in the future. 

I know the players have been given some stick by some fir being mercenaries etc, what I will say is it’s been a pleasure working with the so far, they have been dedicated, hungry, committed and the level of togetherness they have shown in such a short space of time is remarkable. They have truly bought into the ethos and culture I believe in creating. Hopefully in the future people will recognise the same qualities I see in them as men and players, and will understand why I brought them to Darvel.

Ive no doubt the future will bring many challenges, we will work hard and see what the future brings us. Good luck to everyone associated with junior football as the season truly begins this weekend.  

The attendance today which the majority was locals shows that we are doing something right👍

31 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Go get them Mick , give it your all as I know you will , hope it works the way you want . 

6 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

The attendance today which the majority was locals shows that we are doing something right👍

Aye pal I have to agree with you , it makes us proud to see a support like that down the brae , bus full for new Cumnock a week on Monday already which is fantastic 

2 minutes ago, XXX said:

I will be at the Girvan game tomorrow night but I fully intend in taking in at least 1 Darvel game this season.

Just because of Pie n Bovril.

Friday night mate 7pm , local derby to kick off season home to Hurlford , should be tasty 

Guest Mick Kennedy
13 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

Jist dae yir talkin on the park.

I’m sure am allowed to post on here the last time I checked. If you read what I said I’ve not said we will do anything. We will what happens in May the same I say every season. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
41 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

He managed in the amateur game at Coville Park but they were awe on funny money aswell emoji1787.pngemoji106.png

Haha I’m not gong start in that, hope yous have a good season mate was impressed with yous at Clydebank 

Thanks Mick I'm just stirring the pot [emoji1787][emoji106]

Aye it was a good performance on the night against a strong Clydebank side .

Good luck this season m8 a very high caliber of player you have brought in and I'm sure every junior fan in the division is looking forward to see there team pit there wits against you as even at this early stage your the benchmark of where others need to be if we wish to be successful .

Haha I’m not gong start in that, hope yous have a good season mate was impressed with yous at Clydebank