Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

Second half performance was excellent as DL said if we had taken our chances it could have been a lot more, good luck to Kilbirnie for the season ahead

Fantastic performance this evening 
3-0 going on 6 or 7
we have a lot to look forward too that’s for sure 

8 minutes ago, GG said:

3 out of 3 is that buffs Beith Kilbirnie getting interesting DL

Mate we just haven’t beat them beith and kilbirnie have been given a lesson , I know it’s only friendlies but we can only beat what’s in front of us and that is 3 premiership teams beaten , that isn’t a fluke 

24 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate we just haven’t beat them beith and kilbirnie have been given a lesson , I know it’s only friendlies but we can only beat what’s in front of us and that is 3 premiership teams beaten , that isn’t a fluke 

What was the starting 11 the night? 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Darvel were excellent.

Played at a high intensity for a pre season match and looked well fitter and more up for it than Ladeside.  Meggat and Perry and the right back were good. Thought pens were soft but no complaints best team won. 

Having said good things about Miller on here have to say was disappointed with his attitude towards Ladeside fans , sent off at Beith he could have been sent off for gestures tonight.

Darvel on that showing will romp their league.

Edited by clash city rocker

38 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Has young Anton Phinn actually signed at Darvel ?

We knew he was going there, and I notice he's been playing in the friendlies, but I don't recall seeing an announcement that he has signed.

Yea anton has   signed and looks to have some ability , in fact if he can get into starting 11 and plays week in week out I would expect senior scouts to be down watching him 

9 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Yea anton has   signed and looks to have some ability , in fact if he can get into starting 11 and plays week in week out I would expect senior scouts to be down watching him 

Anton has all the ability in the world and will really hurt teams if you get the ball to him in the right areas.

It's when you don't have the ball that you need to work on with Anton.

The senior scouts have been circling him for a few years already (he was with our u21s for 4 years I think), and he turned down the chance to go to a highly placed senior team a couple of years ago as the circumstances didn't suit him at the time.

He'll do well in that league if you use him correctly, and with his brother on your coaching staff I'd expect that to be the case.

16 hours ago, GG said:

Just wondering what success you think Darvel have had so far from when mick took over ?

Im not sure I mentioned current success at all? what he has done is get the chairman to back him so id say that's a success?? I don't think you can look at the squad he has developed and believe they will be a mediocre team. Yes becoming the top team in Scotland is a HUGE ask considering the teams that are about but that quote didn't come from Mick. My reply was based on a comment that there were to Ayrshire Amateur teams better than Darvel and that's just nonsense.

29 minutes ago, Boab17 said:

Im not sure I mentioned current success at all? what he has done is get the chairman to back him so id say that's a success?? I don't think you can look at the squad he has developed and believe they will be a mediocre team. Yes becoming the top team in Scotland is a HUGE ask considering the teams that are about but that quote didn't come from Mick. My reply was based on a comment that there were to Ayrshire Amateur teams better than Darvel and that's just nonsense.

Mate I never said we are or anywhere close to it yet but that is the goal 

12 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Darvel were excellent.

Played at a high intensity for a pre season match and looked well fitter and more up for it than Ladeside.  Meggat and Perry and the right back were good. Thought pens were soft but no complaints best team won. 

Having said good things about Miller on here have to say was disappointed with his attitude towards Ladeside fans , sent off at Beith he could have been sent off for gestures tonight.

Darvel on that showing will romp their league.

Darvel better all over the park meggatt and Perry outstanding as you say.  Young phinn’s Double nutmeg was absolutely disgusting. He has to remember that they guys have families watching! See miller get a bit of stick before the pen I think he was reminding the ladeside fans the score. Thanks for coming. Next please 

1 hour ago, Bheaten Castard said:

No one said there were Ayrshire amateur teams better than Darvel please read the original post that I replied to,

Correction you said 2 amateur teams not AYRSHIRE its still nonsense

1 hour ago, tigerwoods.1 said:

Darvel better all over the park meggatt and Perry outstanding as you say.  Young phinn’s Double nutmeg was absolutely disgusting. He has to remember that they guys have families watching! See miller get a bit of stick before the pen I think he was reminding the ladeside fans the score. Thanks for coming. Next please 

Oh ffs please another one creeping out of a pie pretending they have always been a Darvel fan.

Been looking in at this thread for a while and you've got to laugh...

Darvel fans moaning about other fans being jealous but at the same time, the arrogance from them is astounding - especially after winning 3 pre season games.