Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

To be honest I think most of us need to back off from the Darvel forum and let the supporters of the club have their say. Money comes and money goes in Junior football, so do clubs. I'm sure the Darvel committee will have their heads screwed on and won't become another Meadow, Buffs or Bathgate. More serious business does the chippie do a dressed fish?

Aye mate they do 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

To be the best junior team in Scotland , difficult task as we know the standards the beiths the talbots and the polloks set but the gaffer has brought in top quality players from the amateur , junior and senior grades and it’s evident after playing the buffs and beith that we ain’t going to get bullied in games ,of course we will lose games but anyone beating us will Need to play and scrap  to beat us , we have a very committed management team and players who won’t be given an inch in our quest to be the top team in Scotland , we will see what the season brings 

The best JUNIOR team in Scotland you better hurry up after this season then  junior football is no more so you will need to be the best non league football team in Scotland 😁 .

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

To be honest I think most of us need to back off from the Darvel forum and let the supporters of the club have their say. Money comes and money goes in Junior football, so do clubs. I'm sure the Darvel committee will have their heads screwed on and won't become another Meadow, Buffs or Bathgate. More serious business does the chippie do a dressed fish?

Called a special in Darvel and yes they have them.

On 08/04/2019 at 15:15, tommyboy said:

I've watched Colville Park on a number of occasions over the last few seasons and while they can play some quality fitba,they're also a tight-knit group who can mix it if required. This fellowship is undoubtedly down to the guys behind the scenes and it's the reason why there are no easy games against this side,and why,yet again,they are favourites to win what is generally recognised as the best Amateur league in the country,and also the Scottish Amateur cup.

If this management team bring their recipe for success to the Juniors,then there's no doubt that Darvel will enjoy some good times in the very near future. I wish them well.

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

To be the best junior team in Scotland , difficult task as we know the standards the beiths the talbots and the polloks set but the gaffer has brought in top quality players from the amateur , junior and senior grades and it’s evident after playing the buffs and beith that we ain’t going to get bullied in games ,of course we will lose games but anyone beating us will Need to play and scrap  to beat us , we have a very committed management team and players who won’t be given an inch in our quest to be the top team in Scotland , we will see what the season brings 

Since it seems that the management team will be employing the philosophy that was so successful in the Ammys,I think it's safe to say that there will indeed be no easy games against Darvel.:)

3 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Since it seems that the management team will be employing the philosophy that was so successful in the Ammys,I think it's safe to say that there will indeed be no easy games against Darvel.:)

Aye but you get away with a lot more in Ammies with no linesmen and low grade refs. Discipline could be a problem , the ammie players being brought in are used to winning every week used to things going their way. Quality wise Darvel will not be left wanting but players are no use standing on the sidelines. 

Guest Nocknosh1988
8 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Uve more to worry about than little old Darvel 

What does Cumnock have to worry about exactly ?!

Looking forward to visit Darvel tomorrow and see all the improvements done, last time was down with Ladeside was 2012 I think won 3-2 in a league cup tie, will shop be open at the ground as few folk coming straight from work? Cheers.

6 minutes ago, ladeside77 said:

Looking forward to visit Darvel tomorrow and see all the improvements done, last time was down with Ladeside was 2012 I think won 3-2 in a league cup tie, will shop be open at the ground as few folk coming straight from work? Cheers.

Yip, plenty of pies, teas , coffees and the bar will be open.

1 hour ago, ladeside77 said:

The Olympia Chippy on main road before you turn down to Recreation Park is also a good shout mate 👍

Edited by Billy XBoswell

2 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

There are two amateur teams better the you's lot  

Are you saying there's 2 amateur teams better than Darvel in Ayrshire?? who would that be and tbh I cant believe that comment considering none of those amateur teams could topple Micks Amateur team last season?? not sure what's changed with Mick adding even more quality to the Darvel squad. Darvel might not be everybody's cup of tea and certainly Darvel legend appears to be nobody's cup of tea lol. I personally think Legend is just a staunch supporter and fair play to him for it. What I do see is a waive of Jealousy following Mick and Darvel after the works they have carried out.  Legend is being slated for stating that they have a desire to become the best junior team in Scotland? why? if you don't set goals then you will just become a mediocre Junior team fighting relegation or mid table at best like most of the teams represented on this chat.

I personally think and have said it for a few year now that Junior football is fecked at the lower end. Players are leaving BC to go straight into Junior rather than developing for a couple of years in the amateur leagues. What do they learn? nothing. I see most of them now either not playing football at all or taking themselves back to amateur status where they should have started in the first place.

I have been a long term admirer of how Mick Kennedy handles himself and his winning mentality. His players would run through brick walls for him and his coaches and I am more than sure that will not have changed at Darvel. For me I say Good luck to him and Dravel and look forward to the hate on here driven by Darvels success in the league the play.