Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

6 minutes ago, NewGuy2017 said:

The views and comments from other teams on Darvel is embarrassing to say the least. 

People forget that not too long ago that Darvel nearly ceased to exist and if it wasn't for some members of their committee and local people then they would have. They should have be commended on keeping the club alive - anyone who knows football outside of the top tiers knows how hard it is to keep clubs running. 

Darvel are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They've now assembled a committee, management team and players who are genuinely capable of winning big things in Junior football. Maybe its jealousy or maybe its fear? 

Do you all realise that to win trophies in football you have to have a winning mentality? So why should people at Darvel not believe they are capable of winning things? 

And to all those who say its just a project for John and what happens if his money went? Does the same not go for any team at any level up and down the country? 

Sorry for the long rant but Im getting sick of the same old usual negative stories and comments about Darvel. 

Maybe if you guys spent so much time and energy on your own club maybe you would get somewhere. 

Aye, totally agree with you but it works both ways I am afraid, respect has to be earned but when you have a guy on their committee that shows a lack of respect to others on here then expect to receive negative comments in return.... touché 

If you want to have a rant then have a quiet word with him instead 

Incoming 💣 

2 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Aye, totally agree with you but it works both ways I am afraid, respect has to be earned but when you have a guy on their committee that shows a lack of respect to others on here then expect to receive negative comments in return.... touché 

If you want to have a rant then have a quiet word with him instead 

Incoming 💣 

Haha come on mate, every club at every level in every country have people who are involved or support them who are bampots.

Theres good people involved with Darvel and shouldn't be tarred eith the same brush. 

DL throws the bait out and its chewed upon every single time. But my point sticks, why should anyone affiliated with the club not believe they are capable? Since when in competitive sports do people not think that way? 

I am not involved with Darvel in any way shape or form.  Just throwing that out there

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Look Darryl meggat could have had his pick of around 10 senior teams and no disrespect to neil Mcpherson who was a good player for us and plays with talbot week in week out but I don’t think Senior scouts would have been chapping his door down for the spfl 

oh and Ross Perry and Jason marr we’re in similar positions 

we feel privileged that Mick could attract that calibre of player to Darvel and so should the rest of the junior game 

enjoy these guys they are class players 

Why mention Young Neilly???

at the time he was one of your better players & your results/position was poor

He did the right thing to progress his ambition at the time & proved to be the right decision for him 

3 minutes ago, NewGuy2017 said:

Haha come on mate, every club at every level in every country have people who are involved or support them who are bampots.

Theres good people involved with Darvel and shouldn't be tarred eith the same brush. 

DL throws the bait out and its chewed upon every single time. But my point sticks, why should anyone affiliated with the club not believe they are capable? Since when in competitive sports do people not think that way? 

I am not involved with Darvel in any way shape or form.  Just throwing that out there

Correct .... he is a Bampot that gives it out & has to take it & credit to him, he does

5 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Why mention Young Neilly???

at the time he was one of your better players & your results/position was poor

He did the right thing to progress his ambition at the time & proved to be the right decision for him 

Cause he plays same position as Meggatt and I rate neil by the way he’s just no in same class as megs 

5 minutes ago, GG said:

Teams have got somewhere that others on here support have Darvel actually won anything yet as said respect has to be errand
and believe it or not most folk are on the windup on here just like DL likes to windup everyone else

But I don't understand why Darvel don't have respect? Do clubs now need to win things to earn respect?

Like I said before less than 10 years ago Darvel Juniors were nearly gone. 

Since then they have rebuilt and have slowly but surely put foundations in place to ensure their long term stability.

Good on you guys. 

Cause he plays same position as Meggatt and I rate neil by the way he’s just no in same class as megs 

Neil has won two junior cups, a league title, sectional cups, played in a Talbot team that beat Ayr and played at Tynecastle. Don’t really think your opinion matters in this.

1 minute ago, southerner said:

Neil has won two junior cups, a league title, sectional cups, played in a Talbot team that beat Ayr and played at Tynecastle. Don’t really think your opinion matters in this.

Plus he won Scottish Coca Cola 7 a side wi Prestwick Academy too, final was played at Tynecastle 😀👍

Is anyone arguing with you or are you trying to make a point with me that I have suggested otherwise 🤷‍♂️
No one is arguing with me no, however I am making the point that Your all over this forum harping on about your "senior players". Yet Darvel actually manage to go and sign proper seasoned senior players and u take swipes at where they have ended up. You talk about respect and then come away with comments like that.

5 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Basically this all comes down to money

Agreed.

Fair play to Darvel however, they really have built a brilliant squad of players and I fully expect them to comfortably win the league they are in. I think this is the minimum the club will be expecting with all the investment that has went in on and off the park. 

8 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:
10 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:
Is anyone arguing with you or are you trying to make a point with me that I have suggested otherwise 🤷‍♂️

No one is arguing with me no, however I am making the point that Your all over this forum harping on about your "senior players". Yet Darvel actually manage to go and sign proper seasoned senior players and u take swipes at where they have ended up. You talk about respect and then come away with comments like that.

You appear to be putting a big spin on what I am saying for some reason

Bonnyton Thistle is classed as a Senior Team ..... not my words but a fact & I suppose this makes the players that sign with the club the same and also to clarify, none of these players receive any payment to play either

As said before, respect has to be earned & nowt against the squad or manager at Darvel  but it has still to be earned

Why do they get crap from me & others on here?

Take a look at  what DL has said in the past about other teams players, pitches, facilities and fans then come back to me 

Edited by Billy XBoswell

17 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Neil has improved ten fold since he left Darvel and at 23yr old will improve still, i havent seen the boy Meggat play but if he is as you say different class from big Neil then  i dont ken how hes still no senior, or are you at the wind up again

34 minutes ago, geo 1909 said:

Neil has improved ten fold since he left Darvel and at 23yr old will improve still, i havent seen the boy Meggat play but if he is as you say different class from big Neil then  i dont ken how hes still no senior, or are you at the wind up again

No one has said Neil is no a good player and he’s done brilliant at the talbot , he is  a good guy also but Darryl meggat is just on a different level geo 

Fair play the hard work all at darvel have put in to develop the club . But darvel legend have a little respect when speaking about other teams and players who have won everything in the juniors. There is nobody on here disrespecting previous or current darvel players. 

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

No one has said Neil is no a good player and he’s done brilliant at the talbot , he is  a good guy also but Darryl meggat is just on a different level geo 

As i said if he was as good as you say he would still be senior or is there another thing luring him to Darvel