Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

wee bit of bad news as chissy has informed us that hes retiring due to bad knee injury picked up a year ago , hes tried pre season but has informed the club that he cannot continue , only played a few games for us but you could see the quality he would have brought to the club if fit , guy came to most games when he was injured and was credit to himself , we wish him all the best for the future and would be delighted to see him up at the club in the seasons ahead 

No, I thought I saw somewhere he was back at Whitletts after starring in the over 35’s?

Cheers [emoji482]
I haven’t seen anything about this from Whitletts, I will ask on their thread.
I was hoping to see him back at Girvan but looks like it’s not to be.

2 minutes ago, XXX said:

Cheers emoji482.png
I haven’t seen anything about this from Whitletts, I will ask on their thread.
I was hoping to see him back at Girvan but looks like it’s not to be.

Had a decent season with us, would have been good to have the year we got promoted from the adl to help with experience.

Edited by Ceejayar
More content

Had a decent season with us, would have been good to have the year we got promoted from the adl to help with experience.

I agree, he would have been good for yous this season with his experience.
He’s still a class player.

Friendlies Start on Wednesday and after we have played the buffs , beith , kilbirnie and Kilmarnock before Hurlford , glenafton and Auchinleck it’s safe to say we will know where we are at before our first league game at home to Renfrew first Saturday In August .

The place looks superb and we look forward to what we believe will be one of the most exciting seasons for a long time 

First game for months with a brand new team and the result is irrelevant but what makes us proud this evening is the amount of Darvel people coming down the brae , big thanks from us and the town is buzzing in anticipation with what’s about to happen in the season ahead , the game itself buffs deserved a draw but fell asleep Late on and let us grab the winner but one things for sure we will only get better the more games we play 

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

First game for months with a brand new team and the result is irrelevant but what makes us proud this evening is the amount of Darvel people coming down the brae , big thanks from us and the town is buzzing in anticipation with what’s about to happen in the season ahead , the game itself buffs deserved a draw but fell asleep Late on and let us grab the winner but one things for sure we will only get better the more games we play 

Correct, on a pishing wet night a fantastic response from the Darvel folk.

Friendlies Start on Wednesday and after we have played the buffs , beith , kilbirnie and Kilmarnock before Hurlford , glenafton and Auchinleck it’s safe to say we will know where we are at before our first league game at home to Renfrew first Saturday In August .
The place looks superb and we look forward to what we believe will be one of the most exciting seasons for a long time 

When is the Beith game? And is it at Beith?