Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

It doesn't matter why the money man pumps in cash... love of club , community spirit or just cause he wants to. What matters is that money is not just spent on players but also facilitates and that it's a long term project whereby the club is self sustainable when/if he decides to invest in a different project. Facilities defo seem to being upgraded , money is coming in from advertising boards etc and although obviously budget will rise from previous seasons the manager in charge has proven himself to be a winner without massive cash resources. It's an interesting project happening doon the brae lol

He had words with Johnny about getting subbed and this led to his departure so there actually was a fallout but who fell out with who that is the question [[emoji16]

SHOULD I stay or should I go is most likely a question that will be running around Beith striker Ross "Archie" McPherson’s head as he goes to training tonight.

The 29-year-old hitman was left stunned earlier this week when told he was being transfer-listed by the Ayrshire club – reputedly as punishment for voicing his displeasure at being substituted by gaffer Johnny Millar during last weekend’s Scottish Junior Cup exit to Lochee United

That was in March 2018 and they kissed and made up and Archy went on to sign a new deal for 2018-19.... good try....

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Looking forward to seeing some of our new signings on Wednesday night against meadow , A good few missing because of holidays but every team will have that at this stage of the season but just be good for the boys to get a run out 

That the early excuses coming in already incase Medda turn you over? lol 😛

Aye we are and to be fair don’t really care what opposition team thinks of them , they have had new showers put in them mind u 

Home dressing rooms look great Jim, if away isn’t touched I assume referee will move into old home dressing room then or have you swopped them round?

2 hours ago, retired said:

Home dressing rooms look great Jim, if away isn’t touched I assume referee will move into old home dressing room then or have you swopped them round?

No the ref and his assistants will still use the room they had , the old dressing room will be used for drying off when out the showers before going back in new area 

Guest Mick Kennedy

It’s got nothing to do with professionalism or players attitudes. We have a squad of 20 players 5 of them are away on holiday as most teams will have players away. unfortunately since training on Sat and tonight we have picked up another 4 injuries so leaves us very short. Our aim is to ensure we have a fully fit squad for the start of the season risking people at this stage if the season would be madness.

Judge my players attitudes and professionalism at the end of the season them make an informed judgement. But I can assure we are up there with the most professionally run junior teams in the country, it’s just circumstances that have lead to the decision taken by the management team. 

1 minute ago, Mick Kennedy said:

It’s got nothing to do with professionalism or players attitudes. We have a squad of 20 players 5 of them are away on holiday as most teams will have players away. unfortunately since training on Sat and tonight we have picked up another 4 injuries so leaves us very short. Our aim is to ensure we have a fully fit squad for the start of the season risking people at this stage if the season would be madness.

Judge my players attitudes and professionalism at the end of the season them make an informed judgement. But I can assure we are up there with the most professionally run junior teams in the country, it’s just circumstances that have lead to the decision taken by the management team. 

You can't even fulfill your first pre season friendly fixture, people will judge you on that, like it or not mr junior football spokesman. 

All frilly knickers and no substance.....  

Guest Mick Kennedy
2 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

You can't even fulfill your first pre season friendly fixture, people will judge you on that, like it or not mr junior football spokesman. 

All frilly knickers and no substance.....  

As I said we will be judged at the end the season like every other club in the country, then we will see if we have no substance or not time will tell. 

I have said my bit on the matter, good luck to whichever team you support hope it’s a successful season. 

Sorry mate, I wasn’t having a go, just having a laugh.

I know yous aren’t away celebrating.

Yous are in a hard league and you are quite right not play when players aren’t go it. Better to look after them and have them play the rest of the season than have them sitting on the sidelines injured for most of the season.

8 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Correct decision , we are here to look after ourselves and everything is geared up to our first competitive game