Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

1 hour ago, iPhone said:

Ally was a good player with a big future in the game and he was part of that group/team of 21s that came through from Calley.

1st team injuries can be the opportunity a player needs. 

Who was the manager/managers that season?

not an opportunity if you are only sitting on the bench or only on for last 10 mins if you are lucky

Who was the manager/managers that season?
not an opportunity if you are only sitting on the bench or only on for last 10 mins if you are lucky
Ally wasnt ready for the first team at the time and would still be at whitletts playing now if he had just waited a bit longer. If it wasn't for his dad and listening to spank he would be still there and would be in the team now [emoji106][emoji106]

For clarity and for the avoidance of doubt. Here is the facts. Ally never played under 21. Only under 19’s. He helped the junior team out one year when they had injuries. Played most games. At the end of season the then manager Neil Duffy asked him to make the step up. He said at his age he needed to play and was promised that he would get ample time pre season to stake a place in the team. This did not transpire and he chose himself to make the move. If playing full games for the remainder of that season in a team that got promoted is a bad move then so be it. He also played nearly every game last year and is improving due to this. He has played talbot twice and other top teams in two very good cup runs. If you think he would have been better watching from the bench that’s up to you guys. Finally anyone that knows him should know that he makes up his own mind!! Hope that helps.

5 minutes ago, VORman said:

For clarity and for the avoidance of doubt. Here is the facts. Ally never played under 21. Only under 19’s. He helped the junior team out one year when they had injuries. Played most games. At the end of season the then manager Neil Duffy asked him to make the step up. He said at his age he needed to play and was promised that he would get ample time pre season to stake a place in the team. This did not transpire and he chose himself to make the move. If playing full games for the remainder of that season in a team that got promoted is a bad move then so be it. He also played nearly every game last year and is improving due to this. He has played talbot twice and other top teams in two very good cup runs. If you think he would have been better watching from the bench that’s up to you guys. Finally anyone that knows him should know that he makes up his own mind!! Hope that helps.

Cheers & hopefully iPhone will accept this now :blink:

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:30, Whittlets vic said:
On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:31, Ceejayar said:
Tbf mate it would be a difficult task to start a boys club from scratch, like I said Galston have been at it nearly 30 years. That would involve a totally separate set up from the current one and I honestly don’t think anyone would find the time to do both. Hats of to all the coaches at kids level it’s a tough gig as you will know and I am seeing with my own 2 boys.

Not as hard as you think whitletts have just started a boys club

Whitletts have had a boys club for at least 4-5 years

6 minutes ago, Whittlets vic said:
10 minutes ago, Boab17 said:
Whitletts have had a boys club for at least 4-5 years

I am talking about fun 4s and it started a under 19s team 3yrs ago what lasted a yr it's still no hard to do 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Whitletts have a bigger catchment. They started an u19s team hoping that they would clean up at BC level unfortunately they failed big time and most of the players moved on. They created an u21s team and did well to win the P&D 2nd division. Kris Kerr was a cracking player and could make it at decent junior level but the boy just wants to play football. But your right put your mind to it it can be done.

Whitletts have a bigger catchment. They started an u19s team hoping that they would clean up at BC level unfortunately they failed big time and most of the players moved on. They created an u21s team and did well to win the P&D 2nd division. Kris Kerr was a cracking player and could make it at decent junior level but the boy just wants to play football. But your right put your mind to it it can be done.

They won the league and three cups that year out of 5 competitions played. Hardly failing big time!

3 hours ago, Louis Mooie said:

I see my club has signed, Hanvey, Markey and Tan from yourselves. I know what kind of player Hanvey is, what about the other 2.

Imo if Rikki had been available every week I think he would have been offered another deal. Markey is a great shot stopper and the boy Tan is comfortable on the ball especially on Astro.

15 hours ago, Boab17 said:

The U21’s that season (their first season) also reached two cup finals winning one 

Cammy Barr, ex Vics player, was manager then John Kelly took over mid season as Cammy moved to Australia 

Neil Duffy & Jamie McRae were in charge of 1st Team at same time

Edited by Billy XBoswell