Darvel Juniors 2019/2020

Darvel legend

15 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

There is nowhere near enough of a population to start at grassroots level. That has been the case from when I played boys club level more than 30 years ago. Galston now have a great set up and are well established in the valley , there was an effort made I would say about 10 years ago to set up a youth team in Darvel  but like I said there was not enough kids to sustain it and it fell away. My nephew plays for Hurlford boys club and they are struggling for numbers.

The under 19 league is decent in Ayrshire with hurlford being very good , teams like talbot , Cumnock , glenafton etc have teams in the league . Darvel have the pitch and facilities etc to perhaps start teams and attract players . Galston have shit facilities and pitches ( not their fault tbh ) . 

15 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

There is nowhere near enough of a population to start at grassroots level. That has been the case from when I played boys club level more than 30 years ago. Galston now have a great set up and are well established in the valley , there was an effort made I would say about 10 years ago to set up a youth team in Darvel  but like I said there was not enough kids to sustain it and it fell away. My nephew plays for Hurlford boys club and they are struggling for numbers.

When we were boys in the valley you had Galston , loudoun valley , clear mount and probably more I can’t remember . Boys just don’t seem too want too play football in the valley any more ? Perhaps this is due to zero decent pitches etc for them too play on . Older teams at Galston actually have zero boys from Galston playing for them . 

The guy Ross McPherson an ex Vale Juniors? A couple of ex Sons in there aswell. I'll keep an eye on Darvel scores this season. 
U thinking of allan McPherson? Hes with the accies I think. Sure ross McPherson played with Queens Park? Although may be another one?

1 hour ago, Sgc said:

The under 19 league is decent in Ayrshire with hurlford being very good , teams like talbot , Cumnock , glenafton etc have teams in the league . Darvel have the pitch and facilities etc to perhaps start teams and attract players . Galston have shit facilities and pitches ( not their fault tbh ) . 

Tbf mate it would be a difficult task to start a boys club from scratch, like I said Galston have been at it nearly 30 years. That would involve a totally separate set up from the current one and I honestly don’t think anyone would find the time to do both. Hats of to all the coaches at kids level it’s a tough gig as you will know and I am seeing with my own 2 boys.

30 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Tbf mate it would be a difficult task to start a boys club from scratch, like I said Galston have been at it nearly 30 years. That would involve a totally separate set up from the current one and I honestly don’t think anyone would find the time to do both. Hats of to all the coaches at kids level it’s a tough gig as you will know and I am seeing with my own 2 boys.

If anyone has time on their hands sgc is the man friend :whistle

Not as hard as you think whitletts have just started a boys club

9 hours ago, pleslie99 said:
15 hours ago, the snudge said:
The guy Ross McPherson an ex Vale Juniors? A couple of ex Sons in there aswell. I'll keep an eye on Darvel scores this season. 

U thinking of allan McPherson? Hes with the accies I think. Sure ross McPherson played with Queens Park? Although may be another one?

Ross mcpherson played junior with clydebank then moved senior to queen's Park then back to Irvine meadow then onto Beith and I think he was last with goldenhill. 

A back to the goal type striker who can hold it up and lay it off, will score plenty in Darvels league next season. 

8 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Under 19 and under 17 are teams traditionally Galston have never had I don’t think . Until the last couple of years Galston set up was full of darvel men who left for one reason or another , they possibly still have all the relevant coaches badges etc that would be needed . I think Cumnock are the the only team in Ayrshire to have teams at most age groups most others ie Talbot only have teams at selected age groups . You are right though about the time and effort the coaches have to put in . 

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I believe we have been asked to allow a boy from bonnyton to come to training for Mick to run his eye over him :whistle

Well according to your Chief Scout , DL, no players at Bonnyton are good enough to play for Darvel  .... therefore the lad will be wasting his time :whistle

Out of curiosity.... who asked you & who is the player? 

17 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Well according to your Chief Scout , DL, no players at Bonnyton are good enough to play for Darvel  .... therefore the lad will be wasting his time :whistle

Out of curiosity.... who asked you & who is the player? 

Obviously I wouldn’t divulge that information.