Sign in to follow this  
thelangonline

Cambuslang Rangers 2019-20

13 hours ago, king Henrik7 said:

Is Billy Davies coming in to help ? I know his son plays there

His son is signed with EK Thistle I'm sure.

took in this game today as our game was off , not the best of games in tricky conditions , very scrappy , bit disappointed with both teams , lang obviously got a lift from having new manager in charge and were up for it , dont no if frew suffering from Scottish hangover but thought they were poor, weren't scared of a hard tackle either and got several bookings , both teams huffed n puffed without much quality but still entertaining, best players for me were lang 9( skilful but to heavy) and 10 , 8 was decent for frew but lucky to stay on the park after a few hefty challenges, sickener for lang to lose goal in the dying seconds though .

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

took in this game today as our game was off , not the best of games in tricky conditions , very scrappy , bit disappointed with both teams , lang obviously got a lift from having new manager in charge and were up for it , dont no if frew suffering from Scottish hangover but thought they were poor, weren't scared of a hard tackle either and got several bookings , both teams huffed n puffed without much quality but still entertaining, best players for me were lang 9( skilful but to heavy) and 10 , 8 was decent for frew but lucky to stay on the park after a few hefty challenges, sickener for lang to lose goal in the dying seconds though .

I can’t disagree with any of this from a Renfrew perspective. All four goals came from defensive errors, although Cambuslang’s second was a lovely finish.

The pitch was heavy, but held up well over the 90 minutes.

Thought Cambuslang were missing someone to lead the line, the no.10 was a handy player but looked like he was playing out of position.

Cambuslang could have managed the game better after taking the lead, sub that came on got put clean through in injury time but tried a shot from about 40 yards when he probably had fresh legs and could have run through on goal or to a corner to see out the game. Instead, Renfrew got a goal kick, launched it up, won a throw which worked its way to the back post for a tap in