Greg Taylor

jofis

Not sure why I needed to start a thread for him, but he was fucking tremendous tonight.  I'm sure the Killie folk will say 'I told you so', but to see a 21 yo left back deputise at short notice for his CL winning compatriot against the No 1 team in the world was very inspiring. There must be more like him out there that good coaching at this level can inspire. 

And anyway, Ryan Fredericks has a thread and he isn't even a Scotland player. 

1 hour ago, jofis said:

Not sure why I needed to start a thread for him, but he was fucking tremendous tonight.  I'm sure the Killie folk will say 'I told you so', but to see a 21 yo left back deputise at short notice for his CL winning compatriot against the No 1 team in the world was very inspiring. There must be more like him out there that good coaching at this level can inspire. 

And anyway, Ryan Fredericks has a thread and he isn't even a Scotland player. 

Thought he was solid tonight mate and deserves to be in the next squad as a minimum. 

Sort of feel for him as he has the best (and potential second best) player in front of him but he acquitted himself well against one of the best players in the world tonight. 

15 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

No he wasn't.  The Assistant Referee was poor at the second goal 

Don't think you understand. This is a Scotland thread. There's always someone to blame, best option is to choose someone you called out before the game or from a team you don't like

27 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

He allows Lukaku to be a few yards closer to the keeper than the majority of the defence, if he keeps the line theres more chance someone can prevent the tap in.

25 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Of course he was poor at the second goal. The linesman should have done his job and bailed him out, but that doesn't stop his defending being really poor. He fails to hold a decent defensive line, realises too late and tries to step up, and this leaves him on the wrong foot and ending up behind Lukaku as he scores. 

I don't see how anyone could deny that it was a really poor piece of defending. 

Nah, let’s be fair, he switched off twice all game and they both lead to goals. The second goal he’s ball watching and three yards behind the offside line. He’s better than most of his rivals, so he’ll pick up a few caps., but I doubt he’ll ever be a regular. Let’s not turn him into something he isn’t.

22 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Nah, let’s be fair, he switched off twice all game and they both lead to goals. The second goal he’s ball watching and three yards behind the offside line. He’s better than most of his rivals, so he’ll pick up a few caps., but I doubt he’ll ever be a regular. Let’s not turn him into something he isn’t.

Are you talking about the assistant ref here?

He played brilliant. 2nd goal De Bruyne was a yard offside. Yes he was deep but you can’t argue facts. He was composed from start to finish. You can’t ask for much more of a young lad on his debut against the worlds best. Didn’t hide once and have you seen his last ditch tackle in the 88th minute to prevent a sure goal? If only we could find a way to play him Tierney and Robertson. We’ve got three cracking full backs.

58 minutes ago, Jani_Uotinen said:

He played brilliant. 2nd goal De Bruyne was a yard offside. Yes he was deep but you can’t argue facts. He was composed from start to finish. You can’t ask for much more of a young lad on his debut against the worlds best. Didn’t hide once and have you seen his last ditch tackle in the 88th minute to prevent a sure goal? If only we could find a way to play him Tierney and Robertson. We’ve got three cracking full backs.

Fact: the linesman didn't put his flag up and Taylor was caught out behind Lukaku. 

28 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Tremendous :unsure2: Did people watch the same game as me?

Thought he was miles out of his depth, and will be extremely concerned if he ever has to starta game for us again.

He looked comfortable playing at that level and made a couple of errors. I don't see that as being 'out of his depth' at all. Given the caveats I stated then aye, he was fucking tremendous. Maybe I didn't watch the game in the same objective manner as yourself but that doesn't mean your summation is correct. Greg Taylor will win more caps. He showed that he can be trusted with the role given to him. I'd rather retain my optimism, but cheers for the reality check. 

I thought he played well. The only criticism I could really make is that he sometimes took an extra touch or two before he had decided what he wanted to do with the ball. Bear in mind the calibre of player he is up against compared to who he plays every week then that is more than acceptable.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Interesting how people can drool over 21 year old Greg Taylor, but trip over themselves to criticise 22 year old Scott McKenna.

Both of them had decent games last night against some of the best players in the world.  Both made mistakes.....as did every single member of the side.....but in general both put in solid performances under the circumstances.

Perspective and all that. In one player, some people look only for the positives and ignore the mistakes. In another player, some people look only for the mistakes and ignore the positives.

Scottish fitba fans, eh ?