USA - Thailand

Cerberus

34 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

You'd have to return to Hungary hashing El Salvador 10-1 in 1982 for an approaching equivalent result?

Germany women beat Argentina 11 nil at the 2007 World Cup.

13-0 is the largest win ever at a World Cup, male or female.

Alex Morgan is a brilliant footballer, regardless of the opposition.  That volley for her 4th I think it was, was almost perfect technique.  A woman at the top of her game.

Guest SJP79

Just different levels, the Thai players were up against it from the off.

They never stopped trying though but America were just too good in every department !

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It was only 2-0 at half time so they've got to the disappointed with the defending in the 2nd half.
The Thai goalkeeper looked feart of getting hit with the ball.

It was 3-0 at half time, but yeah they totally collapsed in the second half. I'm glad they did, I've got a fiver on Morgan top scorer 8)

I was placing bets on the 'what will happen between (x) minute and (x) minute' market in-play, trying to select 'goal', but there was a couple of points in the 2nd half where I couldnt keep up.  Four goals in six minutes at one point.  It was relentless although Thailand made last season's Falkirk team look like 1970's Brazil.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

The celebrations were a bit OTT.

Don't let American fans hear you say that, they will threaten you like they did this TV pundit who had the same criticism.

https://www.kamloopsmatters.com/national-sports/former-canada-international-gets-death-threats-for-us-goal-celebration-criticism-1502185?fbclid=IwAR3EXtx2XMOwUyyfRgbN2HgrjzO1_TRDNcXMc2hEmrsFdDIWFMJcf2mD87s

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

The way they were celebrating putting the goals in the double figures past the hapless Thai goalie was embarrassing tbh. Really hope they get pumped out in heartbreaking fashion.

24 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The way they were celebrating putting the goals in the double figures past the hapless Thai goalie was embarrassing tbh. Really hope they get pumped out in heartbreaking fashion.

Oh agree completely, they showed zero class in the way they celebrated as the score piled up.  I totally get that you need to keep scoring for goal difference purposes but to celebrate the 9th goal like you just scored a dramatic late winner is just embarassing