jc1

Fauldhouse utd 19/20

11 minutes ago, fufc1946 said:

Can s1 explain why everyone wants fufc to move to eos when we have all these local Derby’s I got one would take a derby game every week than going to Coldstream etc every second week

Because every season is going to be Groundhog Day.
Every season is going to be teams in West Lothian, nowhere to get promoted to, nowhere to get relegated to. No incentive to improve the ground. No incentive to challenge against a better standard of team.
Show some ambition. Atm Fauldhouse Amateurs are higher profile in the village and are aiming higher than the Juniors

Edited by PastyMan

Honestly think you are coming the ham! 

When Fauldhouse were in the Super League 4 seasons ago, did you hate playing against the likes of Musselburgh and Lochee cause it meant you had to travel more than 5 miles for a match? I bet most players and fans wanted to be in Super League cause you were mostly playing good or better teams than you were, and it is always best feeling if you play ‘class teams’ as opposed to local teams.

Last year, Fauldhouse were playing the likes of Armadale, Livingston, Harthill and West Calder. In recent previous years, all in lower.divisions than Fauldhouse. But not going to EoS, has seemingly put Fauldhouse in reverse gear with the local teams catching up on your team, or even falling behind, eg Livingston! 

Yip, in year 1 you would have played Coldstream. How much travelling did the Hoose do in the same year with all the travelling to Fife and Tayside?

I take it, by wanting to play lots of local derby matches, while that is a good thought, the ambition, that most players have, lacks somewhat now!?

Your choice though, but be truthful as to why you want to play local teams.

4 hours ago, fufc1946 said:

Can s1 explain why everyone wants fufc to move to eos when we have all these local Derby’s I got one would take a derby game every week than going to Coldstream etc every second week

You wouldn't be going to Coldstream every second week.

Edited by gogsy

4 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

When Fauldhouse were in the Super League 4 seasons ago, did you hate playing against the likes of Musselburgh and Lochee cause it meant you had to travel more than 5 miles for a match? I bet most players and fans wanted to be in Super League cause you were mostly playing good or better teams than you were, and it is always best feeling if you play ‘class teams’ as opposed to local teams.

Last year, Fauldhouse were playing the likes of Armadale, Livingston, Harthill and West Calder. In recent previous years, all in lower.divisions than Fauldhouse. But not going to EoS, has seemingly put Fauldhouse in reverse gear with the local teams catching up on your team, or even falling behind, eg Livingston! 

Yip, in year 1 you would have played Coldstream. How much travelling did the Hoose do in the same year with all the travelling to Fife and Tayside?

I take it, by wanting to play lots of local derby matches, while that is a good thought, the ambition, that most players have, lacks somewhat now!?

Come on , all these star players looking to return to the seniors have to be playing Syngenta, Boness juniors, Wee Rose Juniors and Sauchie Juniors to attract interest.

Love reading everyones comments on here, never really been interested in commenting but the suspense is killing me waiting on the players being announced, any truth in the rumours that Graham and Steven weir have signed

59 minutes ago, Hoose4492 said:

Love reading everyones comments on here, never really been interested in commenting but the suspense is killing me waiting on the players being announced, any truth in the rumours that Graham and Steven weir have signed

Amongst others yes both weirs have signed.  

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Imagine if you had told Fauldhouse fans, players, management and committee back in April 2018 when they were about to gain promotion back to the Superleague that two years later they'd be playing in a league against Armadale, Bathgate, Bo'ness Juniors, Harthill, Linlithgow CFC, Livingston United*, Pumpherston, Sauchie CFC, Stoneyburn, Syngenta West Calder, and Whitburn - they'd think you were mad.

Six of these teams were in the bottom division in 2017-18 and another four didn't even exist in the Juniors!

* don't forget that Livi are leaving for the EOS so that's the same 11 opponents in perpetuity

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Coming the ham?

Probably a Musselburgh thing, best not to ask.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Coming the ham?

I’m sure that is a saying, unless I just made it up 🤷‍♂️

Means, taking the mickey / p1ss

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

I’m sure that is a saying, unless I just made it up 🤷‍♂️

Means, taking the mickey / p1ss

Hopefully it is as if you've just made it up that would be very worrying.