Fauldhouse utd 19/20

jc1

Haha not going anywhere just now having a few days to chill then decide what route I'll go down next. Very disappointed its ended the way it has. But I walk away knowing I gave my everything and more at times but means nothing when your eyes are opened to things
Rumours the east region referees have been having a firework party tonight recharge your batteries learn from this experience and get back into the game you have so much to offer there will be plenty of clubs who will match the ambition that you have inside

Announcements and comments on social media, but no official statement from the club. Deafening Silence !! Poor show, what players do we have left ? Who will lead the team during the interim period ?
Do we have a team ? From the outside looking in when the squad is being strengthened surely it’s with a collective vision for the future from everyone involved at the club ?? Have the management and players been led up the garden path regarding moving out of the East Region Juniors ? As a mere paying punter who takes pleasure in taking my son along it all seems an absolute shambles.

37 minutes ago, PJS said:

Announcements and comments on social media, but no official statement from the club. Deafening Silence !! Poor show, what players do we have left ? Who will lead the team during the interim period ?
Do we have a team ? From the outside looking in when the squad is being strengthened surely it’s with a collective vision for the future from everyone involved at the club ?? Have the management and players been led up the garden path regarding moving out of the East Region Juniors ? As a mere paying punter who takes pleasure in taking my son along it all seems an absolute shambles.

Got to agree with you. When Jc1 quit Faudhouse it was a shock for me as a non-Hoose fan. So much ‘chat’ has come through in last 36 hours and an initial tweet from a committee member has now been removed, as well as his actual account.

I appreciate that officials at Fauldhouse may not want to reply on Social media but a collective response from a ‘Fauldhouse handle’ should be done and the sooner the better!

Fans who go to Park View should be given that respect at least.

Got to agree with you. When Jc1 quit Faudhouse it was a shock for me as a non-Hoose fan. So much ‘chat’ has come through in last 36 hours and an initial tweet from a committee member has now been removed, as well as his actual account.
I appreciate that officials at Fauldhouse may not want to reply on Social media but a collective response from a ‘Fauldhouse handle’ should be done and the sooner the better!
Fans who go to Park View should be given that respect at least.

Very well said !!
The longer it takes the more attention it gathers.
It would seem the FUFC hierarchy find themselves in an uncomfortable position ??

18 hours ago, parsforlife said:

That was my immediate thoughts.  Any club at this level who goes after a player for breach of contract would require a lot of balls. 

Judge/sfa why did you leave the club player x?

Player x - i wasn’t being payed appropriately
club-you were payed the agreed £40 on time every week.

player x - I worked 10 hours for that, I’m away.

case dismissed

next day

hmrc - we have reason to believe you aren’t paying NMW following the claims of player x,  are his claimed hours and pay correct?

club- yes

hmrc- well your due him £2k, us a £500 fine and we’re checking your books for any other employee you haven’t payed NMW.

6 months later.  Aye checked the books and over the last 5 years you have underpaid these 50 guys an average of £2.5k. Pay up.

club- Ah f**k.

You have a point (are professional contracts at this level of football worth the paper they're written on?)  and in practice, for the relatively small sums involved, it's probably not worth the hassle to pursue a claim via SFA dispute resolution procedures (there is no 'Judge'!).

But I think you're underestimating the vast majority of properly run clubs by assuming / alleging they don't operate in accordance with the law in terms of employment, HMRC reporting, deducting PAYE etc.

41 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

You have a point (are professional contracts at this level of football worth the paper they're written on?)  and in practice, for the relatively small sums involved, it's probably not worth the hassle to pursue a claim via SFA dispute resolution procedures (there is no 'Judge'!).

But I think you're underestimating the vast majority of properly run clubs by assuming / alleging they don't operate in accordance with the law in terms of employment, HMRC reporting, deducting PAYE etc.

You can go to the SFA but It could also go to civil court if you really wanted.

I do think clubs typically do the right things in terms of PAYE etc, HMRC clamped down on that about 20 years ago. but NMW, no chance. Clubs get away with it cos players aren't overly bothered as they know that there is no secret pile of money that is being kept from them. But its all set to absolutely crumble should clubs start to piss off players.

In terms of NMW, SPFL clubs are required to pay it or they can't have that player on a professional contract, and as queens park have found having a large number of players who aren't pro leaves you incredibly vulnerable. They no longer had SFA backing on being able to keep players on amateur forms, and aren't eligible for anything for youth players if they aren't offered pro-terms.  

Contracts at this level only have any value as there's an understanding between the players and clubs and you don't want your reputation damaged for not holding up your end of the deal.

Explain? Too much power?? Haha facts are I managed the football side helped bring money and sponsorship in. Also updated the dressing rooms out my own pocket. I've left the club in far better shape than what I inherited!!! Not bigging myself up or blowing my own trumpet but not having the shitty rumours kicking about. Honesty and loyalty are 2 rare things

Sounds to me that the manager had too much power at Fauldhouse and it is now going to hurt you. Hope not too much. He certainly had plenty to say.

7 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

Sorry, power was the wrong word. Just my impression from reading these forums, but if what I'm reading about player unrest is true, then I think there will be some hurt.

Not sure what you are reading then! Jc1 comes as manager of a team and gives his comments on matches which I find refreshing. He more often than not raises his hands if mistakes are made, taking responsibility for them. 

If JC1 was all powerful at Fauldhouse, he wouldn't have resigned and they'd have been EOS by now... He gives his opinion, also on here, which is refreshing, but he had no power to actually change things off the pitch... In the end, he was "just" the manager, its not like he was in a dual role as manager & chairman (which would be rather unhealthy for a club!).

It really is crazy.
It comes across that the committee haven't quite grasped how powerful and important communication and social media is in this day and age.

You have to reach out to your support, whether the news is good or bad, or you're going to struggle.

They have always been a bit like that, but Jon and a couple of others have ensured that supporters are kept up to speed.

I'll await club statement before I go into details if needed! What I will say is they players gave us everything and bent over backwards to help the club. Few things on Thursday what was said to the players by certain individuals made my job impossible to work for them with zero trust

Sorry, power was the wrong word. Just my impression from reading these forums, but if what I'm reading about player unrest is true, then I think there will be some hurt.

40 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

I am based at the West so not involved in the east except for the end of last season when I was watching my son play for an East Region junior team.

It seems to me that the manager has visons and thought it was best for Fauldhouse to join the pyramid as he sees this as potential growth of the club.  He stated if the club didn't join the pyramid then he would resign.  The club had a meeting and it seems like the club decided not to join and he resigned due to this.  (thanks what I read into it).

One fact I will say, lots of junior teams rely on youth players, as they are not buying clubs but if you have local teams roundabout you who are or have moved to the senior ranks then I guarantee most kids will want to move to the local senior team than the junior team as the junior level is weakening.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Bottom line is it's not because of me players weren't happy. I'll not go into details because theres a lot of people at the club and who support the club that I respect and care about. Also the club not wanting a statement up yet is strange. I've nothing to hide but will defend myself to rumours and set the record straight

I'll await club statement before I go into details if needed! What I will say is they players gave us everything and bent over backwards to help the club. Few things on Thursday what was said to the players by certain individuals made my job impossible to work for them with zero trust

Sorry to hear that JC but you have to stand by your morals and principles. I am just concerned how things progress from here....
Still in strong contention for everything domestically. If there is a massive exodus of players, coaches as well as the manager things are looking rather grim !!
I am coming from a community viewpoint.
The quicker we have a clear statement on recent events and the plans for the future the better !!
It’s always a concern when an EGM is called,
Something is clearly amiss
All the best going forward, you certainly brought more professionalism to the Hoose.
Conduct suspect at times but let’s put that down to passion [emoji23]

11 minutes ago, PJS said:

Sorry to hear that JC but you have to stand by your morals and principles. I am just concerned how things progress from here....
Still in strong contention for everything domestically. If there is a massive exodus of players, coaches as well as the manager things are looking rather grim !!
I am coming from a community viewpoint.
The quicker we have a clear statement on recent events and the plans for the future the better !!
It’s always a concern when an EGM is called,
Something is clearly amiss
All the best going forward, you certainly brought more professionalism to the Hoose.
Conduct suspect at times but let’s put that down to passion emoji23.png

Common PJS, your last point was a bit of a dig was it not.

18 sending-offs a season is not that bad? 🤷‍♂️