jc1

Fauldhouse utd 19/20

Thats my point though - Historically some of the West Lothian teams have had a decent fan base and are still based in the same place where communities could potentially yield a reasonable enough support to at least sustain their clubs or maybe even allow them to prosper.  Whether folk want to admit it or not, in the East or the country, staying in Junior football is the epitome of flogging a dead horse. It’s going nowhere, the level has regressed and folk have simply lost interest.  
Football fans are fickle though and folk will come back. However to get bodies back through the gates, it’s going to take a fresh approach and a bit of effort to get folk back in or gain a new generation of fans. It’s not going to happen overnight but if clubs make the jump to EOS starting afresh in a progressive set-up, the potential is there.
Gradually, everyone in the pyramid will find their level and a wee bit of PR with the local community goes a long way to supporting clubs through the levels but some committees need to wake up and realise that folk nowadays are simply fed up and done with Junior football and any efforts to try sell it as a decent product. However clubs decide to approach things, the facts are that a far bigger potential fanbase exists in the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Bathgate etc than is currently being achieved. Staying in the Juniors will never see gate numbers recover or increase and will never have that ‘sell’ to get local communities tapped into. Moving to EOS at least brings the prospect of finding a level which sustains the club and yeah, you might need to spend a season or two humping some utter dross 10-0 in front of three men and a dug, but by remaining Junior and whether folk can see or admit it, the reality is that there’s more chance the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn etc are going to become these teams being watched by three men and a dug.

Nail hit firmly and resoundingly on the head.

Thats my point though - Historically some of the West Lothian teams have had a decent fan base and are still based in the same place where communities could potentially yield a reasonable enough support to at least sustain their clubs or maybe even allow them to prosper.  Whether folk want to admit it or not, in the East or the country, staying in Junior football is the epitome of flogging a dead horse. It’s going nowhere, the level has regressed and folk have simply lost interest.  
Football fans are fickle though and folk will come back. However to get bodies back through the gates, it’s going to take a fresh approach and a bit of effort to get folk back in or gain a new generation of fans. It’s not going to happen overnight but if clubs make the jump to EOS starting afresh in a progressive set-up, the potential is there.
Gradually, everyone in the pyramid will find their level and a wee bit of PR with the local community goes a long way to supporting clubs through the levels but some committees need to wake up and realise that folk nowadays are simply fed up and done with Junior football and any efforts to try sell it as a decent product. However clubs decide to approach things, the facts are that a far bigger potential fanbase exists in the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Bathgate etc than is currently being achieved. Staying in the Juniors will never see gate numbers recover or increase and will never have that ‘sell’ to get local communities tapped into. Moving to EOS at least brings the prospect of finding a level which sustains the club and yeah, you might need to spend a season or two humping some utter dross 10-0 in front of three men and a dug, but by remaining Junior and whether folk can see or admit it, the reality is that there’s more chance the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn etc are going to become these teams being watched by three men and a dug.

I completely get your point. The super league attendances have been good for the so called smaller clubs, but it’s effectively a cert that teams will move now as no other option.

I completely get your point. The super league attendances have been good for the so called smaller clubs, but it’s effectively a cert that teams will move now as no other option.

I think having no other option might be a blessing in disguise for some clubs whose committees are living in the past.

All the talks of teams leaving the east region and the west where would fans of the club prefer us to be playing next season
1.staying junior
2 east of Scotland
3 west of scotland league

All the talks of teams leaving the east region and the west where would fans of the club prefer us to be playing next season
1.staying junior
2 east of Scotland

Not a Hoose fan but I would like to see them playing 2. EOS next season

2 hours ago, the sniper said:

1.staying junior
2 east of Scotland

I'll go for invisible option four, Highland league.

28 minutes ago, the sniper said:

No ones for staying junior at least

Because the overwhelming majority have seen sense.

Personally lost all faith in the juniors after fox gate presented with evidence they acknowledged the evidence but didn't want to go against a refs decision for me that spoke volumes.

Add that to every other club jumping it's a no brainer for fauldhouse to move. This is my own opinion not the clubs but they know how strongly I feel about moving

For the club to survive it NEEDS to move and for me to attract players too

26 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Could u attract players in a wosfl if u ended up in a league made up of ayrshire teams

26 minutes ago, jc1 said:

From the outside looking in it seems apart from the (very) odd exception your signings seem to be mainly West region players, would that be influencing desire to go West?

Out of interest what’s your personal preference JC (I know you don’t speak for the board) but do you think your team should go EOS, WOS or stay put?

Personally for me the clubs location imo is probably better suited west but EoS would be good. By speaking to other clubs who I wont name out of respect but there ain't going to be much left juniors in the east and what's left make my job impossible being brutally honest

Out of interest what’s your personal preference JC (I know you don’t speak for the board) but do you think your team should go EOS, WOS or stay put?

Personally for me the clubs location imo is probably better suited west but EoS would be good. By speaking to other clubs who I wont name out of respect but there ain't going to be much left juniors in the east and what's left make my job impossible being brutally honest

I’d disagree with you there big man. Geographically I’d say Fauldhouse would be better suited to EOS. If it were up to me I’d just keep the East/West divide basically the way it was in the Juniors with the West Lothian/Lanarkshire dividing line. There’s a bit of nostalgia in it for me though as I miss going up the county to those teams in the WL mining villages. There’s still some sort of charm in those old grounds. Despite a few changes here and there, those old style grounds like Armadale, Whitburn etc still have some sort of character about them.

2 hours ago, jc1 said:

Out of interest, how was it for you this and last season attracting players, did you feel the EOS was difficult to compete with or didn't you notice that much difference compared to before the exodus?