Fauldhouse utd 19/20

jc1

Oh aye i can see hoards of Tweedmouth, Ormiston ,Arniston etc etc  fans heading to Fauldhoose in there hundreds.Not.
Yep let's use the small number of extreme examples to make a decision on whether to join the pyramid

Oh aye i can see hoards of Tweedmouth, Ormiston ,Arniston etc etc  fans heading to Fauldhoose in there hundreds.Not.

That’s just your arsey, blinkered, short-sighted view though. Open your eyes and see the bigger picture and the better long-term prospects. Only going to get harder the longer you leave it.

Yep let's use the small number of extreme examples to make a decision on whether to join the pyramid

Exactly. Some clubs might need to give it 2,3 maybe even 4 years in the EOS, but long term I doubt most fans will notice hellish much difference as teams gradually find their level. As it stands though, the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn etc are basically big fish in a wee pond that’s quickly drying up.

Exactly. Some clubs might need to give it 2,3 maybe even 4 years in the EOS, but long term I doubt most fans will notice hellish much difference as teams gradually find their level. As it stands though, the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn etc are basically big fish in a wee pond that’s quickly drying up.

I see your comment but looking at the league table there’s no big fishes in a small pond. As it’s not like they’ve ran away with the league, they do have rich histories but it’s not counting for anything at the moment. Bathgate also recent junior cup winners in last 20 years

3 hours ago, teamfinderscot said:
I see your comment but looking at the league table there’s no big fishes in a small pond. As it’s not like they’ve ran away with the league, they do have rich histories but it’s not counting for anything at the moment. Bathgate also recent junior cup winners in last 20 years

Thats my point though - Historically some of the West Lothian teams have had a decent fan base and are still based in the same place where communities could potentially yield a reasonable enough support to at least sustain their clubs or maybe even allow them to prosper.  Whether folk want to admit it or not, in the East or the country, staying in Junior football is the epitome of flogging a dead horse. It’s going nowhere, the level has regressed and folk have simply lost interest.  

Football fans are fickle though and folk will come back. However to get bodies back through the gates, it’s going to take a fresh approach and a bit of effort to get folk back in or gain a new generation of fans. It’s not going to happen overnight but if clubs make the jump to EOS starting afresh in a progressive set-up, the potential is there.

Gradually, everyone in the pyramid will find their level and a wee bit of PR with the local community goes a long way to supporting clubs through the levels but some committees need to wake up and realise that folk nowadays are simply fed up and done with Junior football and any efforts to try sell it as a decent product. However clubs decide to approach things, the facts are that a far bigger potential fanbase exists in the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Bathgate etc than is currently being achieved. Staying in the Juniors will never see gate numbers recover or increase and will never have that ‘sell’ to get local communities tapped into. Moving to EOS at least brings the prospect of finding a level which sustains the club and yeah, you might need to spend a season or two humping some utter dross 10-0 in front of three men and a dug, but by remaining Junior and whether folk can see or admit it, the reality is that there’s more chance the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn etc are going to become these teams being watched by three men and a dug.

Edited by 8MileBU

I personally have no idea what the future holds for the club but it's clear to see that sooner or later choices will have to be made about the future.
With all the teams leaving you could see a scenario where you play some teams 5 or 6 times a season even if its local Derbys people will get sick of seeing the same games week after week

Thats my point though - Historically some of the West Lothian teams have had a decent fan base and are still based in the same place where communities could potentially yield a reasonable enough support to at least sustain their clubs or maybe even allow them to prosper.  Whether folk want to admit it or not, in the East or the country, staying in Junior football is the epitome of flogging a dead horse. It’s going nowhere, the level has regressed and folk have simply lost interest.  
Football fans are fickle though and folk will come back. However to get bodies back through the gates, it’s going to take a fresh approach and a bit of effort to get folk back in or gain a new generation of fans. It’s not going to happen overnight but if clubs make the jump to EOS starting afresh in a progressive set-up, the potential is there.
Gradually, everyone in the pyramid will find their level and a wee bit of PR with the local community goes a long way to supporting clubs through the levels but some committees need to wake up and realise that folk nowadays are simply fed up and done with Junior football and any efforts to try sell it as a decent product. However clubs decide to approach things, the facts are that a far bigger potential fanbase exists in the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Bathgate etc than is currently being achieved. Staying in the Juniors will never see gate numbers recover or increase and will never have that ‘sell’ to get local communities tapped into. Moving to EOS at least brings the prospect of finding a level which sustains the club and yeah, you might need to spend a season or two humping some utter dross 10-0 in front of three men and a dug, but by remaining Junior and whether folk can see or admit it, the reality is that there’s more chance the likes of Fauldhouse, Whitburn etc are going to become these teams being watched by three men and a dug.

Nail hit firmly and resoundingly on the head.

I completely get your point. The super league attendances have been good for the so called smaller clubs, but it’s effectively a cert that teams will move now as no other option.

I completely get your point. The super league attendances have been good for the so called smaller clubs, but it’s effectively a cert that teams will move now as no other option.

I think having no other option might be a blessing in disguise for some clubs whose committees are living in the past.