Fauldhouse utd 19/20

jc1

On 02/07/2020 at 20:31, budgie smuggler said:

Sounds like a complete shitshow up at Fauldhouse just now. Players to be released from contracts only for committee to go against their word.

Complete opposite actually, 16 new absolutely top drawer players signed . Won’t commit on the contracts situation as it would appear everyone else seems to know the truth 👍

Just now, Burnieman said:
4 minutes ago, Footballguy1 said:
And been replaced with much much better players. Nothing wrong with that emoji41.png

Who are they?

Club are releasing details via social media over the next few days. Coaching staff have smashed it out the park with the new additions 

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
10 minutes ago, Footballguy1 said:
Club are releasing details via social media over the next few days. Coaching staff have smashed it out the park with the new additions 

Big build up, looking forward to it.

Extremely but certainly justified. IMO anyway, they’ve got some serious young talent on board 

53 minutes ago, Footballguy1 said:

And been replaced with much much better players. Nothing wrong with that 😎

New to the Forum. If you know the 16 players (serious talent), I assume that you are on the committee, given you wish to wait till the official announcement.

When you say serious talent - in what respect? From amateur level or from same level as Fauldhouse were last year? If they are far better players, I assume that you didn't rate last year's squad. I am far removed from the previous squad, since moving over to EoS a couple of years ago, but it seemed like some of the players came from good clubs previously, and most look like they have gone to okay clubs in New West of Scotland club set up.

I am being careful with what I say, as I have a good friend involved with the Fauldhouse set up. However, I a club, in a bit of turmoil - must be if there are 16 new players on the block. I also think Fauldhouse made a big error, not following the likes of Blackburn and Bo'ness into the EoS set up. Yes, maybe they did not as they wished to remain faithful to the Junior set up, or their aim is now to be the best of the rest in a local West Lothian league set up.

Don't know the manager/coach of Fauldhouse. He came across very well, but as a new inductee to Fauldhouse, he would need to be! Would still have liked someone from Fauldhouse to come out of the hiatus a lot sooner to explain the reason for Fauldhouse's 'free fall', particularly in last few months.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

New to the Forum. If you know the 16 players (serious talent), I assume that you are on the committee, given you wish to wait till the official announcement.

When you say serious talent - in what respect? From amateur level or from same level as Fauldhouse were last year? If they are far better players, I assume that you didn't rate last year's squad. I am far removed from the previous squad, since moving over to EoS a couple of years ago, but it seemed like some of the players came from good clubs previously, and most look like they have gone to okay clubs in New West of Scotland club set up.

I am being careful with what I say, as I have a good friend involved with the Fauldhouse set up. However, I a club, in a bit of turmoil - must be if there are 16 new players on the block. I also think Fauldhouse made a big error, not following the likes of Blackburn and Bo'ness into the EoS set up. Yes, maybe they did not as they wished to remain faithful to the Junior set up, or their aim is now to be the best of the rest in a local West Lothian league set up.

Don't know the manager/coach of Fauldhouse. He came across very well, but as a new inductee to Fauldhouse, he would need to be! Would still have liked someone from Fauldhouse to come out of the hiatus a lot sooner to explain the reason for Fauldhouse's 'free fall', particularly in last few months.

Cheers.

Players coming from senior football, young and hungry players who want back at senior level. Couple of lads who played first team football at championship clubs last year and the bulk of the squad all having had a taste of the senior game. The squad is tremendous with a great mix of young talent and more experienced lads. There will be a few shocked and unhappy people at just how well the new management team have adapted and built a squad. I believe there were many rumours of how the new gaffer couldn’t sign anybody because Fauldhouse were finished. Ps I’m not on the Commitee but I know a few of the lads who have signed, two brothers one of which played for Hamilton accies last year and the other Dumbarton 👍

25 minutes ago, Footballguy1 said:

Players coming from senior football, young and hungry players who want back at senior level. Couple of lads who played first team football at championship clubs last year and the bulk of the squad all having had a taste of the senior game. The squad is tremendous with a great mix of young talent and more experienced lads. There will be a few shocked and unhappy people at just how well the new management team have adapted and built a squad. I believe there were many rumours of how the new gaffer couldn’t sign anybody because Fauldhouse were finished. Ps I’m not on the Commitee but I know a few of the lads who have signed, two brothers one of which played for Hamilton accies last year and the other Dumbarton 👍

Thank you for your response!

I do wish Fauldhouse well. I am a bit cynical when you say that players have signed for the team and want to get back to Senior football; the reason for that is that Fauldhouse are now well down the list of clubs I would cast as having ambition - particularly when there was no move to the EoS set up, for the coming season, if not before.

You may not be on the committee, but for someone who appears to know a lot about the players coming to The Hoose, you have to be involved with the club in some capacity to come on here with all the gen this morning. I wish you and your team all best.

11 minutes ago, fufc1946 said:

Can s1 explain why everyone wants fufc to move to eos when we have all these local Derby’s I got one would take a derby game every week than going to Coldstream etc every second week

Because every season is going to be Groundhog Day.
Every season is going to be teams in West Lothian, nowhere to get promoted to, nowhere to get relegated to. No incentive to improve the ground. No incentive to challenge against a better standard of team.
Show some ambition. Atm Fauldhouse Amateurs are higher profile in the village and are aiming higher than the Juniors

Edited by PastyMan

Honestly think you are coming the ham! 

When Fauldhouse were in the Super League 4 seasons ago, did you hate playing against the likes of Musselburgh and Lochee cause it meant you had to travel more than 5 miles for a match? I bet most players and fans wanted to be in Super League cause you were mostly playing good or better teams than you were, and it is always best feeling if you play ‘class teams’ as opposed to local teams.

Last year, Fauldhouse were playing the likes of Armadale, Livingston, Harthill and West Calder. In recent previous years, all in lower.divisions than Fauldhouse. But not going to EoS, has seemingly put Fauldhouse in reverse gear with the local teams catching up on your team, or even falling behind, eg Livingston! 

Yip, in year 1 you would have played Coldstream. How much travelling did the Hoose do in the same year with all the travelling to Fife and Tayside?

I take it, by wanting to play lots of local derby matches, while that is a good thought, the ambition, that most players have, lacks somewhat now!?

Your choice though, but be truthful as to why you want to play local teams.

59 minutes ago, Hoose4492 said:

Love reading everyones comments on here, never really been interested in commenting but the suspense is killing me waiting on the players being announced, any truth in the rumours that Graham and Steven weir have signed

Amongst others yes both weirs have signed.  

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Honestly think you are coming the ham! 

When Fauldhouse were in the Super League 4 seasons ago, did you hate playing against the likes of Musselburgh and Lochee cause it meant you had to travel more than 5 miles for a match? I bet most players and fans wanted to be in Super League cause you were mostly playing good or better teams than you were, and it is always best feeling if you play ‘class teams’ as opposed to local teams.

Last year, Fauldhouse were playing the likes of Armadale, Livingston, Harthill and West Calder. In recent previous years, all in lower.divisions than Fauldhouse. But not going to EoS, has seemingly put Fauldhouse in reverse gear with the local teams catching up on your team, or even falling behind, eg Livingston! 

Yip, in year 1 you would have played Coldstream. How much travelling did the Hoose do in the same year with all the travelling to Fife and Tayside?

I take it, by wanting to play lots of local derby matches, while that is a good thought, the ambition, that most players have, lacks somewhat now!?

Your choice though, but be truthful as to why you want to play local teams.

Imagine if you had told Fauldhouse fans, players, management and committee back in April 2018 when they were about to gain promotion back to the Superleague that two years later they'd be playing in a league against Armadale, Bathgate, Bo'ness Juniors, Harthill, Linlithgow CFC, Livingston United*, Pumpherston, Sauchie CFC, Stoneyburn, Syngenta West Calder, and Whitburn - they'd think you were mad.

Six of these teams were in the bottom division in 2017-18 and another four didn't even exist in the Juniors!

* don't forget that Livi are leaving for the EOS so that's the same 11 opponents in perpetuity