Fauldhouse utd 19/20

jc1

57 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Breach of Contract:

"A Professional Player, who leaves a Club in violation of his Agreement with that Club may be suspended and may be liable to sports sanctions and the payment of any compensation claims in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol and/or the FIFA Regulations, as appropriate."

They can just say that they are injured 

On 21/02/2020 at 10:28, Che Dail said:

Breach of Contract:

"A Professional Player, who leaves a Club in violation of his Agreement with that Club may be suspended and may be liable to sports sanctions and the payment of any compensation claims in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol and/or the FIFA Regulations, as appropriate."

Yeah Che Dail
With you on that 100% for a professional contract.
Are all Fauldhouse players on a professional contract, that's the thing

but if you are on an amateur's contract, you can leave whenever you want. If the junior  team do not release said player after the player has asked to leave then the player has to go outside their club and contact the association administration.  You should be  allowed to leave within 30 days or 40 and the reason why the club can hold onto your details for only 30 (or is it 40 days) is that you have training kit to hand back etc...

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

24 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yeah Che Dail
With you on that 100% for a professional contract.
Are all Fauldhouse players on a professional contract, that's the thing

but if you are on an amateur's contract, you can leave whenever you want, ask to be released and you should be released straight away or if there's a problem contact the association and you should be  allowed to leave within 30 days

I'd have though most will  be professional non-contact at least. 

At the end of the day, in practice pro-contract terms apply to actual professional footballers and not pretendy / semi-amateur ones.

If the consequences are real, I.e. a person's livelihood is at stake, they're less likely to just walk out.

Reality is the players sign for managers not clubs and there's little they can do if a player downs tools or goes AWOL.

Edited by Che Dail

Do these 'professional contracts' all meet the conditions of national minimum wage and other workers rights?

If the employer is not meeting all their legal obligations, cant imagine they will gain too much from pursuing a case against other parties who are not?

I'm not saying Fauldhouse are not meeting all their obligations. I simply dont know. But then I'm pretty sure most clubs at this level wont be.

As stated previously though, players are often brought to clubs by a manager, because of a manager and if the manager leaves (perhaps for reasons or beliefs the player may share) it has to be expected that they might want to go also.

The club may dig their heels in but being arsey might put off replacement players which is not a great idea when you are struggling to bring in the players you want anyway.

6 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Very odd that Faldhouse would prefer to end up being the sole East Junior Team. 

There is still Whitburn and the 3 tribute acts. So that's 5 teams, maybe they can play each other 8 times per season, giving 32 league games?

17 minutes ago, Sure & Steadfast said:

Armadale

Bathgate

Bo’ness

Fauldhouse

Harthill

Linlithgow

Livingston

Pumpherston

Sauchie

Stoneyburn

Syngenta

West Calder

Whitburn

That looks an absolutely awful league, and some of those will still leave as well, so there will be even fewer clubs left...

Any club preferring this over the EOS is absolutely mad.

Edited by Marten

2 hours ago, TheLad said:

Do these 'professional contracts' all meet the conditions of national minimum wage and other workers rights?

If the employer is not meeting all their legal obligations, cant imagine they will gain too much from pursuing a case against other parties who are not?

I'm not saying Fauldhouse are not meeting all their obligations. I simply dont know. But then I'm pretty sure most clubs at this level wont be.

As stated previously though, players are often brought to clubs by a manager, because of a manager and if the manager leaves (perhaps for reasons or beliefs the player may share) it has to be expected that they might want to go also.

The club may dig their heels in but being arsey might put off replacement players which is not a great idea when you are struggling to bring in the players you want anyway.

That was my immediate thoughts.  Any club at this level who goes after a player for breach of contract would require a lot of balls. 

Judge/sfa why did you leave the club player x?

Player x - i wasn’t being payed appropriately
club-you were payed the agreed £40 on time every week.

player x - I worked 10 hours for that, I’m away.

case dismissed

next day

hmrc - we have reason to believe you aren’t paying NMW following the claims of player x,  are his claimed hours and pay correct?

club- yes

hmrc- well your due him £2k, us a £500 fine and we’re checking your books for any other employee you haven’t payed NMW.

6 months later.  Aye checked the books and over the last 5 years you have underpaid these 50 guys an average of £2.5k. Pay up.

club- Ah f**k.

4 hours ago, Che Dail said:

I'd have though most will  be professional non-contact at least. 

At the end of the day, in practice pro-contract terms apply to actual professional footballers and not pretendy / semi-amateur ones.

If the consequences are real, I.e. a person's livelihood is at stake, they're less likely to just walk out.

Reality is the players sign for managers not clubs and there's little they can do if a player downs tools or goes AWOL.

its different nowadays
first of all in junior when I played we only had either amateur form or professional form and this was before the Bosman ruling. I wouldn't say I was volatile but if I wasn't happy with something as captain I would deal with it and get it sorted with the manager but for many players, too many times, managers would go in a huff and not play those players and even if you had a contract for a year, professional that is, you could not leave the following years as you were tied to the club until they got money for you, sometimes players were tied for years cause they had a fall out with the gaffer and didn't play a game.
I always stayed on amateur forms with teams I was at Benburb, Annbank, Dalry, Hurlford, Saltcoats and Blantyre Vics and reached a level were I was aid very well but if I wasn't happy with a team then I could leave at the end of the season.   Most clubs take on a lot of youth, usually for the sake of it, not on merit because they don't have enough players etc.... especially at the start of the season but all the rules have changed regarding youth players contracts but the older players rules have changed  as well but still the amateur forms and professional forms exist. it really depends on the clubs views of contracts and situation what they decide is best for them and then agreement with each player.

2 hours ago, lowenan said:

Very odd that Faldhouse would prefer to end up being the sole East Junior Team. 

They still have five weeks to see sense. When dealing with stubborn older people it's sometimes best to try to find a way that allows them to appear to be still very much in charge of events when doing the sensible thing even when they are really not. Otherwise there's a danger it degenerates into a dispute over who is in charge and they'll stick to what they have always done just to prove that's still them.

3 hours ago, TheLad said:

Most junior players are not full time with the club so the contract is only part time, training two nights  a week and playing a game, so in realty, 2 hours training, twice a week and less than 3 hours of football, including arriving time  so the contract is for say 7 hours in total.  its not calculated that way as per contract but that's in reality what the contract is for.  As long as all contracts cover national guidelines then there shouldn't be  a problem.  But remember an amateur form is strictly that for amateurs so the money they get is for travelling expense, outgoings, boots etc..  if your a really good player and the team want you and you wanna stay amateur then they might take a chance and pay out extra for you.

18 hours ago, jc1 said:

All the best to Fauldhouse utd in the future. My time has came to an end I want to thank everyone for the support in the 3 years. I leave with a heavy heart but my position became impossible to continue in. No slagging matches ect I'll be forever grateful for the opportunity but the time is right to leave

sorry to hear your leaving. hope theres no truth in the rumour I heard that you are going to whitburn?

Haha not going anywhere just now having a few days to chill then decide what route I'll go down next. Very disappointed its ended the way it has. But I walk away knowing I gave my everything and more at times but means nothing when your eyes are opened to things

sorry to hear your leaving. hope theres no truth in the rumour I heard that you are going to whitburn?