Fauldhouse utd 19/20

jc1

1 hour ago, surely not! said:

If they four were in the premier, Blackburn wouldn’t be...... emoji6.pngemoji23.png

I think Blackburn United had already gone pretty much the entire way to overhauling their near neighbours in Fauldhouse, Bathgate, Whitburn and Armadale before they made the move to the Seniors, certainly off the park with the remarkable strides made in growing such a large community club set-up for boys, girls and ladies and in redeveloping New Murrayfield Park into the top notch facility that it now is. On the park too, I seem to remember that their last season in the Juniors saw them playing in the league above Armadale Thistle, who were by then already down in the South Division, and finishing above both Bathgate Thistle and Whitburn in the Premier Division.

Really though, each of these four clubs made a poor decision in not moving to the EoSFL when the chance was theirs at the beginning of the last two seasons. Had they done so, they could very well have been playing where they properly belong and that's against the likes of Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Penicuik, Broxburn et al. Hopefully it's a mistake each club will very soon rectify.

Edited by 12 Angry Men

Staying juniors will be criminal!!! That's my opinion and we will see what happens. With who are all leaving what's left would be pointless. I'm an ambitious guy and want to be the best I can be not go stale

I might see you tomorrow but please dont bring up the eos the way this is going we could still be playing in the juniors next season with a league that we'd struggle to sign players for

9 hours ago, the sniper said:
12 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Camelon vs fauldhouse tomorrow 8pm at little kerse 

I might see you tomorrow but please dont bring up the eos the way this is going we could still be playing in the juniors next season with a league that we'd struggle to sign players for

You guys staying Junior? oh well.

23 hours ago, 12 Angry Men said:

I think Blackburn United had already gone pretty much the entire way to overhauling their near neighbours in Fauldhouse, Bathgate, Whitburn and Armadale before they made the move to the Seniors, certainly off the park with the remarkable strides made in growing such a large community club set-up for boys, girls and ladies and in redeveloping New Murrayfield Park into the top notch facility that it now is. On the park too, I seem to remember that their last season in the Juniors saw them playing in the league above Armadale Thistle, who were by then already down in the South Division, and finishing above both Bathgate Thistle and Whitburn in the Premier Division.

Really though, each of these four clubs made a poor decision in not moving to the EoSFL when the chance was theirs at the beginning of the last two seasons. Had they done so, they could very well have been playing where they properly belong and that's against the likes of Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Penicuik, Broxburn et al. Hopefully it's a mistake each club will very soon rectify.

I've been thinking about this post because I have, for quite different reasons, a strong affection for both Fauldhouse and Blackburn and have followed their development for a number of years.

They have become quite different clubs. Blackburn is a community football club. Alongside the 1st team there is a successful U20s, women and girls teams, boys teams across most age groups. Blackburn's ground will be a hive of activity most days of the week. I like Blackburn's management of all this and pushing forward with ground developments with an eye on possible future licensing requirements. On the pitch Blackburn regularly have a number of players who have come through their own boys clubs (and now the U20s) and are competing now at a higher level than they have ever achieved previously and, fingers crossed, hopefully they can keep this up even on their shoestring budget.  I know Fauldhouse have a dedicated committee and management team but the focus of the club feels much more limited to, or focused on, the next fixture. I've no doubt Fauldhouse would benefit from moving away from the shrinking East Juniors pool but I'm not as convinced they would be in as good a position as Blackburn to take advantage of the other benefits of EoS football.

There have been some junior teams that have been anti pyramid that have changed the way that they think I've loved watching the juniors for many years but each year the standard has gotten worse it's a necessity to look at every possible Avenue to better ourselves what do you support the grade or the club

1 minute ago, the sniper said:

There have been some junior teams that have been anti pyramid that have changed the way that they think I've loved watching the juniors for many years but each year the standard has gotten worse it's a necessity to look at every possible Avenue to better ourselves what do you support the grade or the club

There does seem to be a lot of bitterness directed towards those clubs who left to join the EoS, and that the EoS are somehow painted as the bad guys by some Junior people for some reason.  All that those clubs were guilty of was trying to better themselves, and nobody has regretted the move.

The bitterness isn't reciprocated as far as I can tell, and any ERJFA club moving over to the EoS will be made very welcome.  From my perspective it will be good to see some traditional local derbies back on the fixture calendar  - would be good to do the double over Hoose again 😉 

However if it's not to be then it's not to be, clubs need to make decisions based on what is best for them and nothing else, but they should make these decisions with an open mind and armed with facts, not bitterness and myths.

From the EOS forum - assuming every Junior club joined the EOS at tier 8 here's our things could look, with either conferences or a regional split. Whichever way you go, there's only a couple of longer trips, either to Peebles/Berwick/Scone or Hawick/Tayport/Newburgh. Presumably champions promoted along with winners of a 2nd place play-off.

On 16/02/2020 at 16:01, FairWeatherFan said:

EDIT: Everything's obviously based on current standings. I haven't included Eyemouth since they're not officially returning yet as far as i'm aware.

So for the seeded Conferences I tried to follow the rules used by the EoS previously. When setting up the First Division Conferences this year it was League Position, Pts, GD that determined the higher ranking. Everyone else is just based on league position and what league they're in.

EoS Second Division Conference A EoS Second Division Conference B
1 9 Burntisland Shipyard 1 9 Tweedmouth Rangers
2 10 Ormiston 2 10 Easthouses Lily MW
3 11 Hawick Royal Albert United 3 11 Peebles Rovers
4 12 Arniston Rangers 4 12 Craigroyston
5 1 Livingston United 5 2 Pumpherston Juniors
6 3 Armadale Thistle 6 4 Fauldhouse United
7 5 Whitburn Juniors 7 6 Thornton Hibs
8 7 Bathgate Thistle 8 8 Harthill Royal
9 9 Kennoway Star Hearts 9 10 Lochore Welfare
10 7 Tayport 10 8 Scone Thistle
11 1 Rosyth 11 2 Stoneyburn Juniors
12 3 Newburgh Juniors 12 4 Kirkcaldy & Dysart
13 5 Sauchie Community 13 6 Lochgelly Albert
14 7 Linlithgow Rose Community 14 8 Syngenta
15 9 Bo'ness United Juniors 15 10 West Calder United

Regional

EoS Second Division “North” EoS Second Division “South”
1 9 Burntisland Shipyard 1 9 Tweedmouth Rangers
2 12 Craigroyston 2 10 Ormiston
3 6 Thornton Hibs 3 10 Easthouses Lily MW
4 9 Kennoway Star Hearts 4 11 Hawick Royal Albert United
5 10 Lochore Welfare 5 11 Peebles Rovers
6 7 Tayport 6 12 Arniston Rangers
7 8 Scone Thistle 7 1 Livingston United
8 1 Rosyth 8 2 Pumpherston Juniors
9 3 Newburgh Juniors 9 3 Armadale Thistle
10 4 Kirkcaldy & Dysart 10 4 Fauldhouse United
11 5 Sauchie Community 11 5 Whitburn Juniors
12 6 Lochgelly Albert 12 7 Bathgate Thistle
13 7 Linlithgow Rose Community 13 8 Harthill Royal
14 8 Syngenta 14 2 Stoneyburn Juniors
15 9 Bo'ness United Juniors 15 10 West Calder United

52 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

I've been thinking about this post because I have, for quite different reasons, a strong affection for both Fauldhouse and Blackburn and have followed their development for a number of years.

They have become quite different clubs. Blackburn is a community football club. Alongside the 1st team there is a successful U20s, women and girls teams, boys teams across most age groups. Blackburn's ground will be a hive of activity most days of the week. I like Blackburn's management of all this and pushing forward with ground developments with an eye on possible future licensing requirements. On the pitch Blackburn regularly have a number of players who have come through their own boys clubs (and now the U20s) and are competing now at a higher level than they have ever achieved previously and, fingers crossed, hopefully they can keep this up even on their shoestring budget.  I know Fauldhouse have a dedicated committee and management team but the focus of the club feels much more limited to, or focused on, the next fixture. I've no doubt Fauldhouse would benefit from moving away from the shrinking East Juniors pool but I'm not as convinced they would be in as good a position as Blackburn to take advantage of the other benefits of EoS football.

Maybe that is why they should act now rather than wait for ……… What?

Personally I've made my feelings clear. The club have been told I wont be staying on if we stay juniors. It's not a secret I've made my feelings clear to everyone

Will you the rest of the management team and the players stick around if we stay junior ?