Fauldhouse utd 19/20

jc1

Personally for me the clubs location imo is probably better suited west but EoS would be good. By speaking to other clubs who I wont name out of respect but there ain't going to be much left juniors in the east and what's left make my job impossible being brutally honest

Out of interest what’s your personal preference JC (I know you don’t speak for the board) but do you think your team should go EOS, WOS or stay put?

Personally for me the clubs location imo is probably better suited west but EoS would be good. By speaking to other clubs who I wont name out of respect but there ain't going to be much left juniors in the east and what's left make my job impossible being brutally honest

I’d disagree with you there big man. Geographically I’d say Fauldhouse would be better suited to EOS. If it were up to me I’d just keep the East/West divide basically the way it was in the Juniors with the West Lothian/Lanarkshire dividing line. There’s a bit of nostalgia in it for me though as I miss going up the county to those teams in the WL mining villages. There’s still some sort of charm in those old grounds. Despite a few changes here and there, those old style grounds like Armadale, Whitburn etc still have some sort of character about them.

2 hours ago, jc1 said:

For the club to survive it NEEDS to move and for me to attract players too

Out of interest, how was it for you this and last season attracting players, did you feel the EOS was difficult to compete with or didn't you notice that much difference compared to before the exodus?

Hear hear

I’d disagree with you there big man. Geographically I’d say Fauldhouse would be better suited to EOS. If it were up to me I’d just keep the East/West divide basically the way it was in the Juniors with the West Lothian/Lanarkshire dividing line. There’s a bit of nostalgia in it for me though as I miss going up the county to those teams in the WL mining villages. There’s still some sort of charm in those old grounds. Despite a few changes here and there, those old style grounds like Armadale, Whitburn etc still have some sort of character about them.

Being brutally honest after exodus it was harder to get boys to come play in league

Out of interest, how was it for you this and last season attracting players, did you feel the EOS was difficult to compete with or didn't you notice that much difference compared to before the exodus?

10 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Being brutally honest after exodus it was harder to get boys to come play in league

If only I was 15 years younger, I was a decent left back back then... (I had to retire early due to an injury) ;) 

On 13/02/2020 at 22:54, jc1 said:

Does that make you think you/Fauldhouse were wrong in not transferring to EoS 2seasons ago.

Last year must have been soul destroying travelling to Fife every other week. Yes you may have had a trip down to Coldstream or Tweedmouth last season, but you could also have been playing the likes of Bo’ness and Blackburn; a club who definitely benefitted the move to EoS.

My own personal opinion is I do wish we went now and hopefully something sorted for next season. No disrespect towards the ersjfa but with more talking of leaving the east juniors (speaking to other managers and its double figures) I cant see how it will work apart from back to joining up with north it's not something I'm wanting to do again personally

Does that make you think you/Fauldhouse were wrong in not transferring to EoS 2seasons ago.
Last year must have been soul destroying travelling to Fife every other week. Yes you may have had a trip down to Coldstream or Tweedmouth last season, but you could also have been playing the likes of Bo’ness and Blackburn; a club who definitely benefitted the move to EoS.

Kudos to you JC for being open and honest about you opinion in a totally reasonable way. Nothing wrong with that even if some of your committee may have a different idea about the pyramid in general.

For what it's worth I think the traditional east / west boundary has been in place for a long time and there's  a reason for that - it's straightforward and works just fine. Some clubs, perhaps including your own, might favour one side of the geographic line or the other based on where most of their squad lives. But at the moment we are in the middle of the biggest overhaul of non-league football in Scotland in history, we've really got to think of the long-term and get it right from the start, I think.

From an outsider looking in, Fauldhouse (and Whitburn, Armadale and Bathgate when it boils down to it) should be where we are at the moment, in the EoS Premier playing Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Broxburn, Penicuik, Hill of Beath etc.

I'm not going to get involved as to the reasons why they aren't, the clubs are more than capable of making their own decisions based on their own set of circumstances, but it's clear that there needs to be some decisions made to help get these clubs back to the levels where they once were.  A long term plan of where they want to be 5 - 10 years down the line, and IMO that plan needs to involve moving to the EoS and working towards gaining an SFA Licence.

From an outsider looking in, Fauldhouse (and Whitburn, Armadale and Bathgate when it boils down to it) should be where we are at the moment, in the EoS Premier playing Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Broxburn, Penicuik, Hill of Beath etc.
I'm not going to get involved as to the reasons why they aren't, the clubs are more than capable of making their own decisions based on their own set of circumstances, but it's clear that there needs to be some decisions made to help get these clubs back to the levels where they once were.  A long term plan of where they want to be 5 - 10 years down the line, and IMO that plan needs to involve moving to the EoS and working towards gaining an SFA Licence.

If they four were in the premier, Blackburn wouldn’t be...... [emoji6][emoji23]

4 minutes ago, surely not! said:

If they four were in the premier, Blackburn wouldn’t be...... emoji6.pngemoji23.png

Maybe, maybe not, (we finished above 3 of them in our last Junior season) but we know that historically we're small fry compared to those 4 clubs however we're enjoying the fruits of our ambition to better ourselves by being SFA members and playing in the Premier and Scottish Cup.

Those 4 (and others) should give themselves the same chance, but ultimately it's upto them to decide what they want.

Edited by Burnie_man

Spot on [emoji106]

Very few junior clubs in my experience are thinking as far away as 5-10 years. Most are thinking very short term and mostly only about who to appoint and who they can bring to the club. Most EoS sides would have thought this way prior to the intro of the LL and promotion to spfl football but this has focussed minds in senior football- whether striving for a licence or not.

On another thread I’ve pointed out that it’s unacceptable for clubs to have piss poor facilities for fans when they pay players and this comes from not having any real strategy regarding the future of the club.

Clubs need a long term plan and strategy and need to recognise where is best for them to achieve this. For some it will be senior, others junior and in some cases, perhaps amateur.

13 hours ago, jc1 said:

My own personal opinion is I do wish we went now and hopefully something sorted for next season. No disrespect towards the ersjfa but with more talking of leaving the east juniors (speaking to other managers and its double figures) I cant see how it will work apart from back to joining up with north it's not something I'm wanting to do again personally

Tayside should join the north potentially in the pyramid. Armadale etc could join the west and become the sjfa league