Fauldhouse utd 19/20

jc1

20 hours ago, NE63 exile said:

Was planning a wee Highland League groundhopping trip this Saturday but I might just head to this fixture now. Sounds like it could be feisty.
Hope the SJFA have requested an experienced Ref for the tie.

They haven't even gave us linesmen (sorry assistants) for the game so that should be fun 

I get absolutely no say that's a club decision and your right something I dont want the responsibility for but will give my opinion

With all respect, but why are telling people [mention=69946]jc1[/mention] to make sure the Hoose move to the EOS? I doubt there are any clubs who let the manager make such decisions. And I highly doubt JC1 would want that responsibility...

They haven't even gave us linesmen (sorry assistants) for the game so that should be fun 

That’s a crazy call by whoever appoints the officials.

Safe to say this will be a bit of a powder keg waiting to happen, poor referee needs as much help as possible. And he doesn’t need a supervisor when he’s already under the cosh!

With the technology now available to referees, would it not be an option for the SFA/SJFA to implement a rule that referees must provide both clubs and governing body photographic/video evidence and report of why they feel the game should be called off?

The evidence can be captured during any pitch inspection, therefore not adding any additional workload to the referee and his/her assistants. And as far as I am aware (someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong) the officials are still due a percentage of their fee if the game is called off. The least they can do for this payment is to provide clear evidence to all concerned as to why they took the decision to call the game off.

Will everyone agree with the decisions when evidence is and report is provided.....most likely not! But, at least with some sort of evidence it can make for better understanding and will alleviate circumstances like 'fox gate'.

Just a thought.

Now I stand to be corrected but Referee inspections are incumbent on the actual current conditions.

If a frosty pitch is brick hard at 9am inspection it is unplayable.  No discretion is given to potential heatwave softening it by 2pm.

Now if this pitch inspection was carried out at the dead of night in  darkness ?

Surely even if it was a bowling green the park is unplayable.  You cannot expect players to be able to play a match in darkness 🤒

Edited by superbigal

The appointments system is a joke, read a few weeks kello rovers asked appointments for an official pitch inspection, given a list of refs to phone, each ref refused due to distance, match ref said he'd come down at 12 which was totally pointless, and then actually turned up at 1:20 as he'd went to the wrong park,, refs seem to be able to do what they want without any consequences, presumably because they can't get anyone to do it, so don't want to rock the boat with the useless ones they do have

2 hours ago, Northboy said:

Where is this?

Someone was asking how our pitch held up after having Thornton vs West Calder playing on it on Saturday. Considering it was a last minute thing, the pitch wasn’t exactly ‘match ready’, and it constantly rained all last week/weekend, it held up very well. Given the recent shenanigans, it’s disappointing that we had a wasted weekend when ours (and Bridge of Don’s) park were in such good condition