Fauldhouse utd 19/20

jc1

Another good display after a slow start once the team hits top form then we'll know how well we can do still much more to come from this group night and day from last season the squad looks so much deeper the less said about Mikey's penalty the better [emoji23]

2 hours ago, the sniper said:

Another good display after a slow start once the team hits top form then we'll know how well we can do still much more to come from this group night and day from last season the squad looks so much deeper the less said about Mikey's penalty the better emoji23.png

What penalty?! 🤦‍♂️😂

27 minutes ago, the sniper said:

I've seen worse penalty's to be fair though to give Mikey his due he's been on fire this season

That’s why it was such a shock, none of us expected him to miss! 😂

Think the words that came out my mouth were, “YAA, oh he’s hit the f**king post!!! 😂

• 2 weeks later...

A truly team performance yesterday with all the players showing that they can dig in and find that bit extra against a strong and physical Harthill side yesterday. Playing the entire 2nd half with 10 then eventually 9 men (due to injury) for the final 20mins showed fighting spirit, dogged determination, strength and the desire of the team. It wasn't easy nor pretty at times but once we went down to 9men just getting 3 points was the main task and …..job done!

Everyone put in an extra shift yesterday but 2 things IMO changed the game in the 2nd half....Duffy getting the 3rd just when Harthill were putting pressure on and a world class save from Matty.

Good to see the primary 7 kids from both local schools turning up yesterday (well done to Albert and the kitchen staff) and also great to see JC looking bit more like his old self ….. fab!

Great 3 points and taking into account the other results yesterday......a great day!.....lead at top now extended to 6 points. Hope the form can continue into the cup next week against junior newcomers Syngenta and then across the bridge the following week against one of top rivals Thornton Hibs.

Go the Hoose!!

1  Fauldhouse United   7  3  1  0  15  7  3  0  0  6  0  14  19  52 
2  Livingston United   7  2  1  1  7  4  2  0  1  7  7  3  13  46 
3  Bathgate Thistle   7  3  0  1  13  5  1  0  2  5  7  6  12  45 
4  Pumpherston Juniors   7  2  0  2  10  11  1  1  1  10  8  1  10  43 
5  Thornton Hibs   6  1  1  1  5  5  2  0  1  10  11  -1  10  46 
6  Whitburn Juniors   7  1  0  2  9  8  2  0  2  10  9  2  9  42 
7  Kennoway Star Hearts   7  1  0  2  3  5  2  0  2  14  13  -1  9  42 
8  Armadale Thistle   6  0  0  2  2  6  2  1  1  10  6  0  7  43 
9  Harthill Royal   6  1  0  2  5  12  1  0  2  3  4  -8  6  42 
10  Lochore Welfare   6  0  0  3  3  12  0  1  2  0  7  -16  1  37 

• 3 weeks later...

Scottish Junior Cup : Fauldhouse 2 Carnoustie 1

Excellent gesture by both teams today to donate both shares of the gate takings to the Back Onside charity that does fantastic and much needed work in supporting players who have mental health and life challenges.  Well done to both teams all who contributed!!

15 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Took in the Fauldhouse v Carnoustie match today given our game was off, top of their respective leagues and I have to say I was disappointed at what I saw. A lot of huff and puff without too much creativity, Hoose better team first half, Panmure better second, but Hoose grabbed the winner near the end when maybe a draw was a fair result.

However, good to see both clubs donating their share of the gate to a mental health charity, would be good if the SJFA also donated their cut......

Fair assessment. Wasn’t the best performance but it’ll do. Great finish from Robbie on his debut, coolest man in West Lothian and an instant hero.

Sorry I didn’t get over to say hi, was nursing a banging sore head from my exuberance on the Magners at the Friday night game at your patch for the under 20’s! You’re more than welcome up at the Hoose anytime you like though, hopefully we put on a better show for you next time.

Great gesture from both sides too with the gate money going to Back Onside ❤️

SOME COMMENTS ON YESTERDAYS GAME FROM THE EAST REGION SUPERLEAGUE FORUM...… 

Probably fair comments IMO with neither keeper really having a many saves to make as the game was a typical hard physical encounter with both teams cancelling each other out without too much flair and creativity until a moment of magic from young Robbie (on his debut) to snatch the winner for the Hoose late on. On the balance of play perhaps a draw was the fair result BUT very happy with the win and Hoose move into next round.  

Winner on the day was however BOTH TEAMS who made the fantastic gesture of donating their share of gates to the Back Onside charity...….. CREDIT TO BOTH  especially at a time when clubs own financial positions are "tight". SUPERB!

Totally agree with comments above. Very frustrated with our play not keeping it simple and lack of creativity BUT in the cup a win is a win so full credit to my players for plugging away. Smash and grab 100% but we will take it. Young Robbie made a great introduction to his fauldhouse career after signing on Tuesday from Sygenta. Very emotional day yesterday with back onside present and seeing how both clubs fully back a charity who have helped myself personally in the last few months

Not sure where you start looking back at yesterday's game although if you were a neutral fan at Park View you would probably say wow....that game had everything and well worth the admission money anytime! Firstly from a Kennoway point of view I thought they played well, strong and physical at the back and looked dangerous on the counter attack. IMO they were a bit unfortunate to have their keep keeper sent off when he slid out the box but let go of the ball but the ref awarded free kick and red carded him for saying something to him.  The big keeper was right to be a bit aggrieved by the decision BUT fair play to him and it says a lot about him he apologised to the ref at the end of the game.....well done big man!

The wet and slippy park probably added a lot to some of the goals the Hoose conceded today Mattie trying to take a bit too much time on the ball rather that just clear it and Sammy sliding in to give away a penalty. Having been 1 up (Wallace) then down 2-1 you thought it was going to one of these days but the Hoose got one back before the break through Duffy to go in 2-2.  

When the Kennoway keeper was sent off not long into the 2nd half you thought "here we go" but to be fair Kennoway rallied and scored to make it 3:2. At this point the Hoose were looking a bit unsure how to break Kennoway down BUT started to get some great cross balls into the box from the wings to take advantage of having 11 men and it certainly worked. A few substitutions added width and speed and it was all Hoose at this point 3 headed goals all from good cross balls killed the game. Their stand in keeper did well but had no chance with the headers all from within close range. Sammy, DD and Spud did the damage and in the end a very hard earned 3 points for the Hoose...phew!!!.

Last 25 mins was a truly sleeves rolled up effort with everyone working hard and as a team.....and keeps the Hoose top of the league....8 goals, red card, penalty...drama excitement....not bad for £6!!! 

Looking forward to next Sat  v Dundee East Craigie...GO THE HOOSE!!!

110% trying to find someone to do it is something I've been trying for a while now. Would benefit myself and coaching staff too for analysis

Good highlights one thing our club is missing is our games being videod good exposure for the club and I'm sure the management team and players would benefit from it maybe one day default_smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 weeks of Saturday weather enforced call-offs lets hope that Thornton's pitch holds up for the game being on this week.

Nothing better than a good hard Junior Cup tie to get the fans excited......I'm sure that the Hoose lads will be well up for this one!

Good luck....go the Hoose!!