Northboy

Next HFL Champions

20 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Disgraceful decision

Brora needed 11 points from their remaining 6 games to guarantee the title. They have dropped 6 points so far this season. They still had to face Clach, Formartine and Strathspey at home, and Buckie, Fortmartine and Fort William away - so no opponents in the top 4. In their away games against Clach and Strathspey they won 2-1 and 5-1, and in their home games against Buckie and Fort William they won 7-0 and 6-0.

They were going to win the league.

You might not agree with this way of ending the season, but there are no wrong answers here. Every authority is going to have to make decisions about a situation we've literally never had before, and whatever they come up with is going  to be good for some and bad for others. Maybe chill a bit and accept that compromises are inevitable?

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

Brora needed 11 points from their remaining 6 games to guarantee the title. They have dropped 6 points so far this season. They still had to face Clach, Formartine and Strathspey at home, and Buckie, Fortmartine and Fort William away - so no opponents in the top 4. In their away games against Clach and Strathspey they won 2-1 and 5-1, and in their home games against Buckie and Fort William they won 7-0 and 6-0.

They were going to win the league.

You might not agree with this way of ending the season, but there are no wrong answers here. Every authority is going to have to make decisions about a situation we've literally never had before, and whatever they come up with is going  to be good for some and bad for others. Maybe chill a bit and accept that compromises are inevitable?

Plus, the other clubs agreed to this, so they were clearly accepting the title being Brora's.

No danger were Brora gonna get caught,especially with who they had to play before the end of the season.

Best team this season by a country mile in the HL,well done to them,time will tell what happens now with the play offs.

Congratulations to Brora - strange circumstances but they are so far ahead and so much better than the rest that them winning was inevitable.

The easiest decision probably any football governing body will make this year. 

On 22/03/2020 at 15:10, GordonS said:

It warms the heart that even after all this time, still no-one gives enough of a shit about Formartine to even spell their name correctly. :lol:

4 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

It warms the heart that even after all this time, still no-one gives enough of a shit about Formartine to even spell their name correctly. :lol:

I did spell it right the first time.

Hey, I was typing it on a phone, it had no idea what was going on.

18 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Apart form yourself apparently.

I've still to come up with an alternative name for them, like the Charlie Bangers Circus we use for Locos. 

Lolturds FC, maybe. 

10 hours ago, RH33 said:

That reads like someone I know has written it!

:thumsup2

It was the man I suspected 😂 

Brora were my team when I lived up in Tain for a year. I was planning to make at least one of their playoff games.

I’d try and get to some of their away games around the central belt if they get promoted and it doesn’t clash with a Motherwell game I’m willing to go to.

On 16/04/2020 at 11:26, RH33 said:

It was the man I suspected 😂 

Going head to head with Ann Budge on Monday I hear, could need your back up! 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Going head to head with Ann Budge on Monday I hear, could need your back up! 

He’s fine I’m leanding him my youngest!!!

On 17/04/2020 at 08:34, Gianfranco said:

Brora were my team when I lived up in Tain for a year. I was planning to make at least one of their playoff games.

I’d try and get to some of their away games around the central belt if they get promoted and it doesn’t clash with a Motherwell game I’m willing to go to.

I hope that the SPFL will give further consideration to promoting both Brora and Kelty into League 2, now that we know Brechin will not be relegated. We also know that there will be no 2019/20 SPFL play-offs.

Having a 14/10/10/10 (interim) structure for one season only, would reprieve  Hearts, Partick Thistle, and Stranraer from relegation, and it would enable the 2nd placed club in Leagues One & Two, to be promoted.  This would resolve the current problems caused by the virus, and give the SPFL (in conjunction with the SFA, the HFL and the SLL), a year to carry out an in depth review of the SPFL structure from 2020/21 onwards.

It would also protect the TV contract, regarding Celtic -v- Rangers matches continuing as they are currently.