Next HFL Champions

Northboy

• 3 weeks later...

Brora were my team when I lived up in Tain for a year. I was planning to make at least one of their playoff games.

I’d try and get to some of their away games around the central belt if they get promoted and it doesn’t clash with a Motherwell game I’m willing to go to.

On 17/04/2020 at 08:34, Gianfranco said:

Brora were my team when I lived up in Tain for a year. I was planning to make at least one of their playoff games.

I’d try and get to some of their away games around the central belt if they get promoted and it doesn’t clash with a Motherwell game I’m willing to go to.

I hope that the SPFL will give further consideration to promoting both Brora and Kelty into League 2, now that we know Brechin will not be relegated. We also know that there will be no 2019/20 SPFL play-offs.

Having a 14/10/10/10 (interim) structure for one season only, would reprieve  Hearts, Partick Thistle, and Stranraer from relegation, and it would enable the 2nd placed club in Leagues One & Two, to be promoted.  This would resolve the current problems caused by the virus, and give the SPFL (in conjunction with the SFA, the HFL and the SLL), a year to carry out an in depth review of the SPFL structure from 2020/21 onwards.

It would also protect the TV contract, regarding Celtic -v- Rangers matches continuing as they are currently.

8 minutes ago, Robert James said:

We also know that there will be no 2019/20 SPFL play-offs.

With reconstruction up for negotiation I don't think anything's been ruled out at this stage. Unlikely though, I'd agree. Would have the potential of making for a tasty pre-season tournament but it would leave clubs with no idea of their budget and recruitment needs. Hope they don't cave to some temporary reconstruction bollocks and back to the same old though, it's a great opportunity to re-energise Scottish football.

56 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

With reconstruction up for negotiation I don't think anything's been ruled out at this stage. Unlikely though, I'd agree. Would have the potential of making for a tasty pre-season tournament but it would leave clubs with no idea of their budget and recruitment needs. Hope they don't cave to some temporary reconstruction bollocks and back to the same old though, it's a great opportunity to re-energise Scottish football.

Theoretically pre-(next) season play-offs sound attractive. However, I would think all clubs need certainty asap, as will their players, whether full time,  part time. or amateur.

Lock-down will be around for some time yet, and will probably be reduced on a phased basis, when it is safe to do so, across the UK. 

• 8 months later...

Broch and Buckie are both playing Cup games next Saturday, but Lossie v Clach should give an indication on how things might go at the other end of the table, with Fort and Turriff not having a fixture, unless they play each other in a gym somewhere.