Next HFL Champions

Northboy

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 19:46, Ginaro said:

Comfortable win for Brora against Inverurie means they are 11 points clear, though Fraserburgh have two games in hand - they meet on 22nd February.

Great weekend for Brora, they're very much in the driving seat now.

18 hours ago, razamanaz said:

Excuse me if this is a daft question, but do Brora want promotion?

I'm in no position know their exact position but they do appear more interested in promotion this time. It's increasingly likely they will win the HFL so we'll find out.

• 1 month later...

Easy enough for the HFL to do this. Will be interesting to see if there's any form of LL/SPFL playoffs. I'm guessing the Challenge Cup is likely to be cancelled next season, so don't need to identify the rest of the top four.

1 minute ago, Cyclizine said:

Easy enough for the HFL to do this. Will be interesting to see if there's any form of LL/SPFL playoffs. I'm guessing the Challenge Cup is likely to be cancelled next season, so don't need to identify the rest of the top four.

I was going to say its a fairly easy decision to make as the only niggly things to do with the SPFL Challenge Cup and Scottish Cup. Both of which are likely to change next year at any rate and the Challenge Cup a good choice to be rested/binned. Especially in its current form there's no way it would be back in 2020-21

20 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Disgraceful decision

Brora needed 11 points from their remaining 6 games to guarantee the title. They have dropped 6 points so far this season. They still had to face Clach, Formartine and Strathspey at home, and Buckie, Fortmartine and Fort William away - so no opponents in the top 4. In their away games against Clach and Strathspey they won 2-1 and 5-1, and in their home games against Buckie and Fort William they won 7-0 and 6-0.

They were going to win the league.

You might not agree with this way of ending the season, but there are no wrong answers here. Every authority is going to have to make decisions about a situation we've literally never had before, and whatever they come up with is going  to be good for some and bad for others. Maybe chill a bit and accept that compromises are inevitable?

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

Brora needed 11 points from their remaining 6 games to guarantee the title. They have dropped 6 points so far this season. They still had to face Clach, Formartine and Strathspey at home, and Buckie, Fortmartine and Fort William away - so no opponents in the top 4. In their away games against Clach and Strathspey they won 2-1 and 5-1, and in their home games against Buckie and Fort William they won 7-0 and 6-0.

They were going to win the league.

You might not agree with this way of ending the season, but there are no wrong answers here. Every authority is going to have to make decisions about a situation we've literally never had before, and whatever they come up with is going  to be good for some and bad for others. Maybe chill a bit and accept that compromises are inevitable?

Plus, the other clubs agreed to this, so they were clearly accepting the title being Brora's.

On 22/03/2020 at 15:10, GordonS said:

It warms the heart that even after all this time, still no-one gives enough of a shit about Formartine to even spell their name correctly. :lol:

4 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

It warms the heart that even after all this time, still no-one gives enough of a shit about Formartine to even spell their name correctly. :lol:

I did spell it right the first time.

Hey, I was typing it on a phone, it had no idea what was going on.