Next HFL Champions

Northboy

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Too soon to tell from that weirdness of a game. From what I saw of Brora last year, and they've reinforced in the summer, you could be right, but if Fraserburgh develop some consistency I could see them two battling it out. Think only Formartine could be another threat. Wonder if Brora have changed their thoughts about promotion?

Let's hope so WB.

• 4 weeks later...

Four games in and the league table has a familiar look. Brora, Fraserburgh and Formartine setting the early pace (although Formartine have lost one it was to Fraserburgh). Locos tucking in just off the leaders as usual. Despite the enthusiasm Fort William remain bottom and pointless.

8 hours ago, Northboy said:

Four games in and the league table has a familiar look. Brora, Fraserburgh and Formartine setting the early pace (although Formartine have lost one it was to Fraserburgh). Locos tucking in just off the leaders as usual. Despite the enthusiasm Fort William remain bottom and pointless.

Pointless is a distinct improvement on last season...

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Nairn County are still on maximum points having played one less than the leaders. Doubt it will last though.

There's an interesting set of fixtures this weekend with all 4 teams on 9 points facing each other. Locos welcome Nairn to Harlaw Park while Formartine are at Buckie. Big game for all these teams if they want to stay in touch with Brora and Fraserburgh.

There's an interesting set of fixtures this weekend with all 4 teams on 9 points facing each other. Locos welcome Nairn to Harlaw Park while Formartine are at Buckie. Big game for all these teams if they want to stay in touch with Brora and Fraserburgh.

That’s coming as news to those of us who support Lossie and who are expecting Locos to steam into town on Saturday.

Brora should have the legs to do the season without much fuss. They look like a right shower as well, which always helps.

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:
8 hours ago, Northboy said:

That’s coming as news to those of us who support Lossie and who are expecting Locos to steam into town on Saturday.

Brora should have the legs to do the season without much fuss. They look like a right shower as well, which always helps.

Yeah, just back from holiday and noticed Nairn County on Locos board as next home fixture and jumped to conclusion!!!

I agree about Brora looking like favourites based on early form (no knowledge to say whether or not they are a shower).

Is this the general HL season 19/20 thread then? I took in Lossie V Locos today and ticked off a new ground in the process. Enjoyed a decent pint of T in the social club before the game, and the three drummers from the Garioch appeared to have enjoyed their journey north as well.

I expected an easy away win but was pleasantly surprised by how well Lossie battled to get to half time at 0-0. Locos pushed their full backs on in the second half though, and got a couple of quick goals to settle it. Although, I'm still not convinced the scrappy second goal actually crossed the line... MOTM for me was Lossie's number 8 in centre midfield. A class act in a tough match.

Lossie’s improvement is evident to those in attendance, but still causing folk to ask if we’re still shite as results continue to go against us, but the plan remains sound and we’ll keep on keeping on for the time being.

Locos had a plan B for a change, which was handy as Gauld had a rare off day. Still don’t look like contenders tho.

I liked the look of Fraserburgh last season at Clach.  It's not surprising to see them make a strong start.  With Cove out of the picture and Brora basically being capable of winning 5-0 or losing 5-0 every week, the Broch may be worth a wee punt for the title.

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 16:56, welshbairn said:

Bit of a shocker. Put a small each way outright bet on Nairn last week at 33/1. Doubt I'll see a return on it but the odds will probably tumble.

Well done to Nairn for a great result on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

The Broch are my tip to win the HFL this season.

If Fort can avoid bottom place this season, which other club will finish 17th instead ?

.......from Mystic Mac

I’d say Clach, they seem in utter disarray after a couple of dodgy seasons. Huntly won’t be far away but I expect them to get their act together at some point

9 hours ago, Spyro said:

I’d say Clach, they seem in utter disarray after a couple of dodgy seasons. Huntly won’t be far away but I expect them to get their act together at some point

Clach have enough individual quality to climb out of the mess they're in, they're rudderless at the moment without a manager. Although they're in the North Cup semi final after knocking out the Ross County kids. My guess would be Lossie but they're said to be improving. It's worth remembering Fort are still pointless though.

Edited by welshbairn

Clach looked seriously poor at times against Wick but still could easily have nabbed a point. Huntly haven't started well either.