Wimbledon and the grass court season

lichtie23

17 minutes ago, Acastus said:

I want them in their place do I?  well thanks for letting me know what I want.

You didn't answer the question I asked so yet another deflection. 

Worrying breakdown you’re having. Strange claims of asking questions which I don’t recall ever being asked 8 hours ago or so.

All I remember is you really, really  care about women earning less than men despite having no idea of the finances of tennis or whether the current prize money is a fair reflection of either genders’ worth.

One can only surmise you feel inadequate because women have parity in a professional sport in which you have no involvement. Perhaps you work in an industry where women demand parity for some reason or other. Or else you’re a trailblazer who can evidence wanting 10,000m runners to earn more than 100m runners because their chosen discipline takes longer and expends more effort.

Edited by The OP

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

Worrying breakdown you’re having. Strange claims of asking questions which I don’t recall ever being asked 8 hours ago or so.

All I remember is you really, really  care about women earning less than men despite having no idea of the finances of tennis or whether the current prize money is a fair reflection of either genders’ worth.

One can only surmise you feel inadequate because women have parity in a professional sport in which you have no involvement. Perhaps you work in an industry where women demand parity for some reason or other. Or else you’re a trailblazer who can evidence wanting 10,000m runners to earn more than 100m runners because their chosen discipline takes longer and expends more effort.

I said do you think women deserve equal prize money for playin less sets ? I look forward to your deflection I mean answer. 

6 minutes ago, Acastus said:

I said do you think women deserve equal prize money for playin less sets ? I look forward to your deflection I mean answer. 

Yes because they aren’t paid by the hour. I’ve said this already and pointed out this is the case with every professional sport.

Did you notice everyone being interested in Cori Gauff and Johanna Konta whilst the men were slowly marching to their first seed v second seed conclusion?

Edited by The OP

4 minutes ago, Acastus said:

Also what do you think the prize breakdown should be and why?

12 minutes ago, The OP said:

I really really care do I? Their genders worth ? less than mens cos they're not as good as men fact.

How do you know I have no involvement in professional sport ? 

Seems like you really care. 

1 minute ago, Acastus said:

I really really care do I? Their genders worth ? less than mens cos they're not as good as men fact.

How do you know I have no involvement in professional sport ? 

Seems like you really care. 

Please outline your role in professional tennis?

18 actually.
Ironic thing is, he craves the love that Fed and Nadal get and somehow feels he lives in their shadow. But he will end up with more slams than them.
Aye you're right enough. Forgot to add his most recent.

Don't really understand why people are surprised that the Wimbledon crowd were so pro-Federer today.
It's the same bunch of p***ks that supported him against Andy Murray, who at the time was the British number 1 and Britain's first Men's finalist in 70 odd years.

Wimbledon and the US open supporters don’t really like Novak, apparently the latter was due to a spat he had with Andy Roddick about 10 years ago but we all know that it all boils down to him being Serbian.

Novak is the GOAT, I didn’t want him to win yesterday and Roger must be kicking himself for not putting him away but my lord what a competitor he is. The best Wimbledon final I have ever seen anyway.

5 hours ago, Acastus said:

Usain Bolt and Mo Farah received exactly the same size gold medal for winning the 100m and 10000m metres,  respectively. It's a fucking disgrace, isn't it?

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Wimbledon and the US open supporters don’t really like Novak, apparently the latter was due to a spat he had with Andy Roddick about 10 years ago but we all know that it all boils down to him being Serbian.

Novak is the GOAT, I didn’t want him to win yesterday and Roger must be kicking himself for not putting him away but my lord what a competitor he is. The best Wimbledon final I have ever seen anyway.

I thought by the end of the match it was as exciting a tennis match as you could see.  Federer was pulling off some spectacular tennis and Novak was showing his competitive best.  However the first three sets were pretty ordinary tennis.  Nothing really happened in any of the service games in sets one and three, and set two was a capitulation from Novak.  I thought their finals in 2014 and 2015 were better than yesterday's.

That is now 17 Wimbledon trophies in a row won by the Big Four.  Can't really see that stopping anytime soon either.