Wimbledon and the grass court season

lichtie23

The whole men should be paid more than the women, comes up every year. The women have offered to play best of five, but they got refused as none of the slams have Court capacity to fulfil all the matches in the allotted time.

With rain delays the French Open was badly effected this year. Imagine having to fit in all the best of five sets matches too?

If anything there is more pressure on the men to go down to best of three. And that would get rid of epic contests like today.

The ITF run the slams and all contracts are negotiated collectively. So quite rightly should be split fairly.

Anyway Federer will be absolutely spewing with that, he chucked that away. He should have and could have that done and dusted in three but Novak is a machine.

Federer will be surpassed by both Nadal and Djokovic in the slam count with Novak being at the top once he retires.

When they replayed that last point, it was on Federer's second serve. Did he really get two serves on the replay?  

The point is replayed so of course you get two serves again.

Djockovic: PLEASE LIKE ME
I changed allegiance through the match due to the bias in the crowd. The guy has won fucking everything and 4 previous Wimbledons and by all accounts he's a good guy. The crowd should've calmed the f**k doon with their Federer love.

The big stare when he won was pretty amazing. According to Becker the lack of appreciation used to bother him but he got over it pretty quickly. And I like the fact that he brought Goran the Croatian on board to try and ease the hatred in the former Yugoslavia a bit.

Unbelievable final, well done nole!

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm just catching up on this thread chief but I can absolutely assure you the cricket was far more dramatic and tense than Wimbledon. Sport at its very, very best today.

Aye and we can all enjoy a closely fought curling match or a game of clay pigeon shooting during the Olympics but, at the end of the day, they’re still shite sports.

31 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm just catching up on this thread chief but I can absolutely assure you the cricket was far more dramatic and tense than Wimbledon. Sport at its very, very best today.

I don't usually watch cricket but I have to agree with you, the jammiest and most dramatic finish for a while.

Another point on the equal pay is that the men play to a higher standard and generally for a much longer period of time than the women. 

Lesson of the day - God made man better than woman so don't jump on the modern feminist bandwagon. 

If scheduling is the main issue then clearly the fairest solution is the men and the women all play best of 4 instead. 

Edited by GiGi

Don't really understand why people are surprised that the Wimbledon crowd were so pro-Federer today.

It's the same bunch of p***ks that supported him against Andy Murray, who at the time was the British number 1 and Britain's first Men's finalist in 70 odd years.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

The whole men should be paid more than the women, comes up every year. The women have offered to play best of five, but they got refused as none of the slams have Court capacity to fulfil all the matches in the allotted time.

With rain delays the French Open was badly effected this year. Imagine having to fit in all the best of five sets matches too?

If anything there is more pressure on the men to go down to best of three. And that would get rid of epic contests like today.

The ITF run the slams and all contracts are negotiated collectively. So quite rightly should be split fairly.

Maybe making the men's and women's competitions best of 3 up until the quarter finals, then best of 5 from then on would work in that case?...

Slams should always be best of 5. Separates the men from the boys.

How many sets should woman's tennis be ? Who cares [emoji6]

ETA Djokovic is the undeniable GOAT. Can't see anyone beating him on hard court so that will be 17 before next Wimbledon.

Slams should always be best of 5. Separates the men from the boys.
How many sets should woman's tennis be ? Who cares [emoji6]

ETA Djokovic is the undeniable GOAT. Can't see anyone beating him on hard court so that will be 17 before next Wimbledon.

18 actually.
Ironic thing is, he craves the love that Fed and Nadal get and somehow feels he lives in their shadow. But he will end up with more slams than them.

6 hours ago, The OP said:

I deflected nothing, your arguments are specious. You want them in their place via professional sporting competitions which don’t affect you. Just admit it and we can move on.

I want them in their place do I?  well thanks for letting me know what I want.

You didn't answer the question I asked so yet another deflection.